Approach People Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.0
Laurent Girard-Claudon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Basic salary is very low and there no benchmark regarding your experience" (in 6 reviews)

• "More social events would be great for the team building as well (2 per years currently)" (in 3 reviews)

"Flexibility and Trust"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that trusts employees by allowing them to work from home. Have been doing it for years and love it. Even though I have had bad months here and there, they continued to trust me in the long run.

Cons

Working from home can be difficult if you are not organised properly. It took me a few months to find the perfect set up in my home and a good schedule to stick with.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your staff and to give them the flexibility they need to grow both professionally but also personally.

"Great Specialised Boutique Agency"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was working for big recruitment companies like Hays or Michael Page for years and I am SO happy about the move to a more "Approach"able and human recruitment company. Great to be surrounded by very professional and knowledgeable colleagues who know when to have fun !

Cons

I can't think of anything for the moment other than the fact that I wish I had found this company years ago !

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for letting me in your home. You will not regret hiring me !

"A lot of changes but all very positive !"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever growing and changing company that rewards people that want to learn and grow. You need to want to adapt and work hard like in a lot of recruitment agencies. Turn over can sometimes be high but I think it creates more opportunities for me !

Cons

If you are too junior or with very little professional and recruitment experience you might find all the changes too challenging or disturbing.

Advice to Management

I think the recent changes in senior management recently are very positive. The new culture, values and vision of the company is exciting.

"Thank you for everything ! :-)"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work in a small but international company. Has the structure and atmosphere of a small company (entrepreneur mentality and close relationship with senior management) with the benefits of international big size companies (lots of benefits and good overall package).

Cons

After several years in the company and for personal reasons I decided to move onto a different kind of project.

Advice to Management

Continue to get all the staff involved in the overall business but also communicate more regularly. We want to hear more!

5. "Good international opportunity"

Current Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - International Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Being an International Recruitment Consultant in Approach people Recruitment is a very good opportunity to grow in a multicultural environment. The headquarter in Dublin allows to work with many different nationalities, languages, countries. We work on a wide variety of positions, clients, industry and even countries. Team spirit and fun are there too.

Cons

Recruitment in an agency is not HR, you need to have a commercial approach of your job and be able to talk everyday about figures, KPI's and money.

Advice to Management

The company could develop its Corporate Social Responsibility.

"Great Experience so far !"

Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have joined Approach People only a few months ago and couldn't be happier!
    This is my first "real" experience in a office environment so I wasn't sure what to expect. Everybody has been very welcoming and the atmosphere is great.

Cons

Would love to meet employees from other offices or get to communicate with them more regularly. Looking forward to the annual event at the end of the year!

Advice to Management

No comment for the moment.

"Before joining them, look at the statistics"

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time

Pros

Dear Recruiters, before reading all the forced positive reviews posted here, just do one thing on LinkedIn.

Type Approach People Recruitment => 58 results. 18 employees are working for Approach People Recruitment for less than a year (wondering why?); 18 between 1 to 2 years; 9 between 3 to 5 years; 2 between 6 to 10 years…

What a turnover, isn’t it?

Cons

Is it due to the behavior of both CEO? Or to the Recruiter/HRBP human interaction ?

Recruiters, before joining them, contact the 280 former employees and make up your own mind. That’s much more relevant than reading fake reviews!

Advice to Management

Don't put the blame on former employees. It is never too late to change.

"Fantastic Opportunity to grow"

Current Employee - Senior International Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Senior International Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

the size of the company which allows fast decision making and the opportunity for the team to experiment, young & international teams with great team spirit, offices all across Europe, great bonus structure rewarding efforts and performance

Cons

growing pains in structuring processes, but if you like building, and being part of projects, it is the perfect environment!!

Advice to Management

Keep pushing and listening to your teams! we're with you and believe in the project!

"Be Careful - They sell you a dream job that does not exist"

Current Employee - International Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - International Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Other consultants are nice, I have good friendships.

Cons

Not structure on salary reviews, made to beg for one, even a small increase. Made to feel useless often, some of my friends have cried after a meeting. Everyone has much lower than market salary.
    No possibility to progress, they tell you can but no one does.
    Lots of bad style from directors - talk friendly to your face and then complain about you behind you. Always pretend to care and do nothing to make the job better. Go to the managers office and close the door all day.
    High pressures every month to make money but phone calls are hard to France , no changes to make it better.
    No training. Have no chance to make money as you can't improve.
    People who leave are treated very badly, bonuses not paid, managers doesn't talk to them.
    Nearly everyone is French, so no chance to improve English.
    Lots of people are looking for new jobs.

Advice to Management

Start to see the employees as people or you will have no one left. Maybe if you change you wont have to pressure all of us to put good reviews on glassdoor.

Approach People Recruitment Response

18 Jul 2018 – Social Media Executive

Hello,

Yes, our consultants are amazing people and many of them develop lasting friendships, thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to recruit the best professionals who in turn recruit top... More

"Great and dynamic place to work !"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Excellent work environment, great culture, very friendly atmosphere. People are working with passion and you can feel it. Head Office always pay attention of employees well being. Great social club with events and activities. Great benefits as well. Everything is made to give the best !

Cons

No major cons! Training has been improved, keep doing like that