Approach People Recruitment Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.4
Laurent Girard-Claudon

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • "Basic salary is very low and there no benchmark regarding your experience" (in 6 reviews)

• "More social events would be great for the team building as well (2 per years currently)" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Great opportunities!"

Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant
    Current Employee - Senior Recruitment Consultant

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been working in approach people for three years now. It has been an excellent step in my career and has instilled in me a passion for work I never had before in my previous jobs. My employer is encouraging and understanding. Personally I enjoy the thrill of getting past my targets and enjoying the benefits of that! The bonus system is amazing financially. Additionally, those who do well enough get luxury holidays to exotic locations like Cuba or the Maldives. There has been competitions where the winners get to choose Hugo boss suits or louboutin shoes. All of this adds up to a great atmosphere in the office!

Cons

I find that hard work is well rewarded, this is not a place to work if you are not dedicated

"The best in my career"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Pros

You learn something everyday and if you deserve it you will grow and progress.

Cons

Nothing that would make me leave the company.

"Love it !"

Current Employee - International Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - International Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Inclusive work environment with a great culture. Great leadership, supportive & challenging in equal measures. Clear progression plans are on offer if you are willing to work for it Strong commission structure. Rewarded and acknowledged for hard work regardless of billings Great social team organizing events to cater for all team members . I genuinely love my job and there are not many people that can say that nowadays.

Cons

Very few things to complain about. Would be great if we had the option to choose between normal desk and standing desk but thats just me being very picky !

Advice to Management

Thanks for being approachable and available. Great to see that you give as much attention and care to all levels of staff.

"AP Dublin"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Approach People is growing all over Europe but especially in Dublin and there are lots of opportunities for you to take control of your own destiny. Your colleagues have a lot of experience and it’s great to find people with similar goals. Anyone capable of managing their own time while getting results is given great autonomy and flexibility.

Cons

Similar to other agencies within the industry, you might need to work extra hours here and there. However, the model is focused on results/output and there are plenty of employees who manage their time effectively to ensure a healthy balance of work and family time.

"Show me the money !"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Approach People offers great training and development, it can take your career in a number of different directions and to a number of different locations as they have several offices across Europe and staff regularly move around.
    The commission structure is one of the best I've ever seen in the industry and the atmosphere in particular in the Dublin office is great.

Cons

It is a sales job so you can't come in hungover and be lazy every day and still expect to reach your targets and make serious commissions.

Advice to Management

Let the rest of the world know you exist ! I am so surprised they are not more people queuing to join us !

"Recruitment the way it should be"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic and fun company that makes you fall in love with recruitment again. Really feel like you are making a difference within the company but also for the candidates we place and the clients we work for.

Cons

No Comment. Work Hard - Play Hard :-)

"Flexibility and Trust"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company that trusts employees by allowing them to work from home. Have been doing it for years and love it. Even though I have had bad months here and there, they continued to trust me in the long run.

Cons

Working from home can be difficult if you are not organised properly. It took me a few months to find the perfect set up in my home and a good schedule to stick with.

Advice to Management

Continue to believe in your staff and to give them the flexibility they need to grow both professionally but also personally.

"Great Specialised Boutique Agency"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Was working for big recruitment companies like Hays or Michael Page for years and I am SO happy about the move to a more "Approach"able and human recruitment company. Great to be surrounded by very professional and knowledgeable colleagues who know when to have fun !

Cons

I can't think of anything for the moment other than the fact that I wish I had found this company years ago !

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work and thanks for letting me in your home. You will not regret hiring me !

"A lot of changes but all very positive !"

I have been working at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Ever growing and changing company that rewards people that want to learn and grow. You need to want to adapt and work hard like in a lot of recruitment agencies. Turn over can sometimes be high but I think it creates more opportunities for me !

Cons

If you are too junior or with very little professional and recruitment experience you might find all the changes too challenging or disturbing.

Advice to Management

I think the recent changes in senior management recently are very positive. The new culture, values and vision of the company is exciting.

"Thank you for everything ! :-)"

Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Approach People Recruitment full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Challenging work in a small but international company. Has the structure and atmosphere of a small company (entrepreneur mentality and close relationship with senior management) with the benefits of international big size companies (lots of benefits and good overall package).

Cons

After several years in the company and for personal reasons I decided to move onto a different kind of project.

Advice to Management

Continue to get all the staff involved in the overall business but also communicate more regularly. We want to hear more!