Approach People Recruitment Reviews

Updated Feb 9, 2022

Found 77 of over 111 reviews

4.7
Approach People Recruitment Director Laurent Girard-Claudon (no image)
Laurent Girard-Claudon
Pros
  • "excellent commission structure - success is rewarded(in 8 reviews)

• "Great flexibility and work environment, demonstrated even more during Covid19 period with working from home organisation(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Nearly everyone is French, so no chance to improve English(in 3 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Bring your career one step higher

Feb 9, 2022 - Anonymous in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

High level of professionalism balanced with fun and warm environment. Company culture where the wellbeing of employees are at the heart of the strategy and they provide all the support your need. They trust their team and give real feedback highlighting your strength to make you grow. Every win is celebrated! Enticing challenges and reward. Joining Approach People is a journey, come with the right attitude, be open minded and you will grow professionally and probably personally. International atmosphere.

Cons

If you don't want to work with nice and respectful people, not sure this place is for you.

2. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

A company with ambition, AND amazing values

Jan 26, 2022 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

- THE TEAM! - The Management team! - the clients we get to work with, we have so many different possibilities - the constant improvment mindset: we saw it during covid 19: we felt the directors really cared and took care of us. since then, they improved their Hydrid working model, created a work for home allowance, reviewed (again) their benefits package, and we are striving! - it's truly international: Some companies say they are, but here I get to work (for real) with my colleagues in Spain, France, or Switzerland. - the support to improve our skills: we have dedicated people to training, coaching, development, and even English teachers! the progress my colleagues who couldn't speak a lot of English at the beginning made in a few month is incredible! - the values: of course they expect a lot from us, but we want to give a lot too!! as we are cared for, challenged, taught... there is always a possibility to talk and give ideas. And so much support! of course we are all looking at numbers, but the way to achieve those numbers matters too in Approach People

Cons

None! I found the company I want to work for as it is growing with me.

Continue reading
      Be the first to find this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Poor management, unstructured company to work for, old style ways

Dec 19, 2021 - Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good marketing, so people think the company has lots of big clients, and it's doing well. Easier to sell to customers with the big names. Flexibility to work in many industries and sectors.

Cons

No big clients anymore, they are all gone. Directors are not structure, not many tools to use, very heavy on kpi, so pressure to get results. It can be hard to make placements and money. A few consultants are doing well. Not a good company culture, and the owner and managing director has no real experience in recruitment, he was the accountant, and the other director left, so no leadership.

Approach People Recruitment Response

Social Media Executive

Approach People has just been certified Great Place To Work in January 2022. This certification occurs after the staff answers an anonymous survey from an official external organisation. We are proud to say that we’ve got 93% satisfaction rate. Our Managing Director, Laurent Girard-Claudon has more than 20 years of experience in recruitment in Europe. He created the company in 2000 and placed, with his team, thousands of candidates across Europe, offering them the opportunity to embrace international careers. Our teams not only respect and appreciate his vision and leadership, they also know and praise the fact that he is a manager who will always go the extra mile to make them feel special and valued. To us, all our clients are important clients, from small startups, big startups (even some unicorns), SMEs, Multinationals in Tech, Pharma or Luxury industries and much more, as we work across all sectors. We believe we can change and improve only what we measure, so we do measure KPIs. Our approach is to use them as a coaching tool. No one with experience in recruitment can claim it is easy to place and make money: it requires hard work, incredible communication skills, resilience, and our teams have it all.

4. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Work hard -Play hard

Aug 18, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

The training and support from management - you learn on a daily basis - a great atmosphere - excellent commission structure. If you are looking for a place where to make a difference by your hard work and receive recognition for it: this is the place to be.

Cons

can't find any so far

5. 5.0
      Current Employee

Flexible and Understanding Company

Jun 2, 2020 - Senior Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great flexibility and work environment, demonstrated even more during Covid19 period with working from home organisation.

Cons

No cons, great company to work for.

6. 5.0

Engaging and Supportive Employer

Jan 31, 2020 - Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Approach People is a supportive company who offer excellent progression and training programs. Communication is always open and it's encouraged to voice opinions and ideas. Career progression, Uncapped commission, Autonomy, Supportive work culture.

Cons

You are expected to work hard but are rewarded by incentives and constant recognition for success stories.

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

Excellent employer

Jul 23, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great working conditions Great team of people to work with. Excellent technical skills gained. Very good to provide training. Very supportive management.

Cons

Excellent working conditions and environment

8. 5.0

Recruiter

Jul 16, 2019 - Senior Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Good Benefits + Approachable + Friendly Management + Fantastic culture + Good recognition programmes

Cons

If you are K.P.I driven, you will do very well at Approach People

9. 5.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

One of the best companies I have had the pleasure to work for

May 29, 2019 - Senior International Recruitment Consultant in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

It was an absolute pleasure to work for Approach People in Dublin. I have had the pleasure to work in a company that provides you with everything you need to be successful and really cares and supports their employees. The Management team is always available, open to new ideas and keen to help everyone. Approach People's culture is dynamic and vibrant, full of young high potential consultants that really care about the job they do. I would definitely recommend Approach People as one of the best places to develop a successful career in the HR industry.

Cons

No real cons. You have to work hard but you will be rewarded for your efforts.

3 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

A brilliant place to work for sales people

May 20, 2019 - International Recruiter in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have never worked for an organization where you are continuously recognized for the hard work you put it. The work you do for this organization definitely does not go unnoticed. This is an organization where you will learn a lot, make money, and build great friendships if you come in with a positive attitude and a motivated mind set!

Cons

Not necessarily a con but advice to anyone reading this, if you are not a hard worker, and do not want to do more work and go above and beyond for a company that can do so much for you, then this place is not for you.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 77 Reviews

Approach People Recruitment Reviews FAQs

Approach People Recruitment has an overall rating of 4.7 out of 5, based on over 111 reviews left anonymously by employees. 92% of employees would recommend working at Approach People Recruitment to a friend and 91% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has improved by 3% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Approach People Recruitment employees rate their compensation and benefits as 4.6 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Approach People Recruitment. This rating has improved by 4% over the last 12 months.

92% of Approach People Recruitment employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Approach People Recruitment 4.6 out of 5 for work life balance, 4.6 for culture and values and 4.7 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Approach People Recruitment Job Seekers