Amazing.com Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Amazing.com Reviews

Updated 5 Oct 2019

3.4
Amazing.com CEO and Co-Founders Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback (no image)
Matt Clark & Jason Katzenback
Pros
  • "We are allowed to work from home each Friday unless we have a previously scheduled meeting(in 6 reviews)

• "It's easy to want to be part of a company that truly is passionate about helping others improve and change their lives(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "The communication between management and staff could be better - last-minute changes can sometimes be a challenge to accommodate(in 4 reviews)

• "The owner let go everyone so coldly, without even as much as personal call or personal email(in 4 reviews)

1. "Remote & enjoyable"

Former Employee - Customer Experience Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Amazing.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I worked from home (in Ireland) which I loved. I had a good relationship with my colleagues in Texas and never felt alone. The work was varied which kept it interesting. We also got to attend live events abroad which was fun.

Cons

There were communication issues but this improved over time.

Advice to Management

Stay motivated, you have a great company, staff and awesome members!

Amazing.com2019-03-12

"Useless CEO, Useless Company , Constant Negative Change"

Former Employee - Software Developer

I worked at Amazing.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Honestly cannot think of one

Cons

The CEO has no idea what he is doing. There is no direction of the company. There is no direction of product. Employees are given an ultimatum "Create a product that makes us money or we are closing down". Two founders have no idea how to run a company with people in it . They went from 60 people in one day to 25. People were let go over email. They ensure that they are listening and acting accordingly to people concerns, which is absolute BS. Even if you are hired as a specialist in your area do not worry, you will be told that you are wrong since the two founders know everything from product management, through marketing to software development. People are "promoted" to position they should never be. Company structure changes every few weeks (This depends on what is hottest new company structure). Constant promises of bonuses, raises etc never actually happened.

Advice to Management

Don't start a company if you have no idea how to run it.

Amazing.com2017-11-01

"Constantly changing, and not in a good way"

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Can work from home- flexible with vacation Mostly autonomous

Cons

There is no direction in this company, each week there is a new project or promotion - there is no such thing as following through. If the project doesn't show revenue instantly it's scrapped before it's even given a chance. The two co-founders don't value professionalism. They are pretty clueless about running this scale of business. In the past year the company has gone from 65+ to less than 25. Two major layoffs in less than a year. Very bad management and dismal communication - company structure is constantly changing meaning no one knows what they should be doing, which means a lot of key parts are falling through the cracks. Our customer service used to be great, but understaffing and poorly planned marketing means that most customers are waiting 2-3 days for a response. There is no testing done on any of our products and people are in professional positions without any skills or qualifications. I'm for up-skilling, but only when there is someone in the company to learn from.

Advice to Management

Get some management professionals in. Stop promoting people to positions of power when they have no skills and then blaming them for nothing changing/improving. Hire professionals and you might save your company and keep the employees you have left.

Amazing.com2017-07-15

"Useless CEO and bunch of morans"

Current Employee - Developer

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Survivor of massive lay off last year.

Cons

CEO has no idea what he is doing. Firing the people who knows what they doing and then allow a few IT morans manipulate the entire company by implementing stupidest idea ever. This company is a total rip off by stealing instructors from Udemy and they have nothing original to offer. If you still believe you can make millions from selling on Amazon, you better wake up! I can't wait to leave this company before someone sues them.

Advice to Management

Everyone is so fake in the company. The management should Go back to school and have some proper education!

Amazing.com2017-03-05
  5. "Developer"

Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Amazing.com full-time for more than a year

Pros

Nice people. Good working environment.

Cons

No strategy or vision going forward.

Advice to Management

Get some management.

Amazing.com2019-10-06

"Lost Owners"

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Co-workers are great - Freedom to learn more - Downtown Austin location

Cons

- Owners are absent - Owners continue with bad habits that negatively impact the company - Owners are clueless to how their employees truly feel - Owners are inexperienced and refuse to learn and be better - Company has lost mostly all its great talent and leaders - A company that was once 80 strong now has about 18 of us left - Most employees are here just to collect a paycheck

Advice to Management

Remove yourselves. Read the reviews since 2016, you are the problem and continue to be the problem that is stopping the company from growing and being successful. You have lost almost all your employees due to bad management and leadership on your part. At this rate, you will be the only ones left.

Amazing.com2018-08-29

"No Complaints, Loving It!"

I have been working at Amazing.com part-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The people, the office space, the pay.

Cons

See Title, I'm overall happy with everything .

Amazing.com2018-06-03

"Loving it so far"

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible work schedule, work from home Friday's, paid parking spot (which is a must when downtown), fully stocked kitchen, great co-workers, friendly environment, good location, beautiful office, fast-paced, pretty transparent business model, new benefits on the horizon. My favorite thing about working here was also the hardest thing to get used to because it is so unusual in a business environment, and that is the level of trust and respect the company offers me as a person and the fact that they actually treat me like an adult. I have a start time and an end time, but I don't have to mark every minute, as long as I'm getting my work done, and pulling my weight, if I need an extra hour to go run to a appointment, or I'm sick and shouldn't be at work, but not sick enough to take the day off, I can take those times and flex them around or work from home. It is amazing what it does to moral when you're treated with respect and trust! Granted there could be those that abuse that trust, but those people are dealt with individually and the entire office isn't punished for one person.

Cons

There aren't too many things I can think of but I'd say the only ones right now are that there is no 401(k) or matching, and that sometimes we don't have really clear direction but are sometimes pulled in several directions with mixed ideas of what exactly is the priority.

Advice to Management

Keep up what you are doing in the current office life and adding extra benefits as you can. Consider a 401(k), even if there is no match, but a match would be even better! Slow down a little and focus in on projects/products a but more.

Amazing.com2018-05-30

"Great!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Austin, TX

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great opportunity for me to grow, love the environment I work in, Love the people I work with.

Cons

More work reviews or look over accomplishments in the Company for compensation.

Advice to Management

Love my managers!

Amazing.com2018-05-29

"Awesome Company with Great People"

I have been working at Amazing.com full-time

Pros

- Awesome office (bean bag chairs!) - Weekly grocery orders (healthy kitchen initiative) - Funny, awesome people to work with who feel like family - Super flexible schedule - Understanding managers who work with you - Interesting projects/product, have learned a lot of new skills - Work from home on Fridays - Nice work equipment (macbooks!) - Rooftop access and FREE DOWNTOWN PARKING! - Passionate CEOs who want to help people improve their lives Overall a really chill, flexible place to work with great people who make me enjoy coming to work every day. The people here are interested in constantly improving and it shows in what they do. They've recently implemented monthly and quarterly work lunches/events to bring everyone together during company time and I think that's just really awesome and shows they care about their people. My managers are incredibly understanding and work with me whenever anything arises (personally or professionally). It feels good to have good support here. So many people here are just a pleasure to get to know and work with. It's easy to want to be part of a company that truly is passionate about helping others improve and change their lives. It's inspiring.

Cons

As a start up, sometimes things can be chaotic and decisions made on the fly without the proper communication to help all departments get on the same page, but it is something that is being worked on and management is aware of. That being said, there is also something fun and exciting about making decisions on the fly as they are constantly testing out what works and what doesn't. That's what life is about and I'm happy to support innovative ideas and help just make them work. It inspires me to take action in my own life as I get to see how it's done here. Career opportunities are lacking, I'm not sure what my options are to grow/expand. I would like to do more for the company, but feel stuck in my current position.

Advice to Management

Just continue to consistently get feedback from all employees and get to know everyone. Constant, never ending improvement. Lean out processes to make things efficient via lean manufacturing. Meet with employees, even those you don't normally do, to get fresh ideas or understand processes from all levels that will help lean it out. Better communication between departments and all levels of employees when rolling out updates or new products. Overall, great place to work and I'm happy to be here. Love the direction the company is going and looking forward to seeing how it manifests.

Amazing.com2018-06-05