Zenefits Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Zenefits Interview Questions

Interviews at Zenefits

2.8

Java Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Zenefits in April 2015.

Interview

Applied online and got a reply for an online coding assessment. There were 4 major coding questions with requirements or partial code given. You can code in any language you are comfortable with.

Interview Questions

• General logic related coding questions like complicated fibonacci series kind of questions and such.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits.

Interview

Interviewed after being contacted by a recruiter.
    The phone screening was awful. The interviewer didn't introduce himself, didn't ask anything about my background. While I did the coding exercise, he muted the mic and seemed like he was working on something else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in June 2015.

Interview

I received referrals from two employees, both of whom were generous and supportive when I reached out to learn more about the company. All engineering applicants take an online coding test to begin the process. The question was difficult but fair, though the lack of an output console on the online setup made debugging unnecessarily challenging. I passed all requirements and scheduled a technical phone interview.

I had read the reviews on this site, so I was wary of disinterested and rude interviewers. That said, this was the worst coding interview I have experienced. The interviewer acted smug and condescending throughout, not to mention disengaged. He laughed and said he didn’t know what I was doing when I made mistakes, and he responded to my clarification questions with brash, haughty snippets. The test was not my best performance, but in retrospect it’s no surprise I stumbled.

In addition to this, the interviewer twice attempted to correct me with incorrect assertions. He first asked a math question: if you roll a fair die one million times, what will be your average roll? I walked through the reasoning and explained why we arrive at the average of the six values. He dismissed my work as superfluous, claiming the answer is clearly the median—which is incorrect. In our example the mean happened to equal the median (3.5), but this is coincidence. If the die could roll a one, two, or ten million, what would our average roll be? Not two.

He later claimed that a loop within a loop guarantees quadratic run time, which again is wrong. I explained why this misses many cases, though he remained unconvinced. The rest of the interview proved equally unpleasant.

Though I appreciate the kind employees who guided me to the role, this experience has left me disenchanted with the company. It’s a shame some of the interviewers feel so free to condescend to applicants.

Interview Questions

• Given a set of meetings [start, end], return the minimum number of rooms needed to schedule the meetings such that no two overlap. (To clarify, each meeting must have a room to itself.)

Ex: [1, 6], [3, 8], [7, 9] ==> 2   5 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Zenefits in May 2015.

Interview

The interview process is awful.
    (1) online coding,
    (2) The first skype interview. The interviewer was late 40 minutes.
    (3) The skype onsite. It was scheduled 3 rounds. I only interviewed by 1 person and then got an email from the hr. It said I failed the interview. Actually, I did very well in this round and the problems was not difficult at all.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

Online challenge they send me link . Two problems in three hours but second one is really hard I can not pass the last two test cases then comes phone interview . You should define your data structure by yourself

Interview Questions

• The rank of string in all permutations   1 Answer
    • Calculating expression reclusively   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and received an online coding challenge. The challenge was pretty difficult; I used up most of the time (about an hour and a half).

Afterwards, I I was contacted for a phone interview. The interviewer was 20 minutes late to the phone screen, and wasn't very interactive. I was emailed later that day saying that I didn't make it, but I was encouraged to apply again.

Interview Questions

• I was asked technical questions about trees and graphs.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits.

Interview

I applied online from AngelList for Software Engineering position . Two days after got an email which said I would be doing a direct coding round on HackerRank. It was pretty straight forward and difficult.

Interview Questions

• 1) Good nodes problem using Linkedlist
      2) possible number of paths in a matrix of 1's and 0's   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Zenefits (Santa Clara, CA (US)) in April 2015.

Interview

I mailed my resume to the recruiter. I was given a link to online coding challenge. It was fairly straight forward. After that, I was invited for a technical code pairing with one of their engineers. The interviewer called me late by 20 mins. He didn't allow me to complete my code. But my solution was working fine though not optimal.

Interview Questions

• If I give you a list of overlapping time periods, [9am-12pm, 10-1pm, 2-4pm, 3-6pm] -> [9-1pm, 2-6pm]

You can assume 24 hr format also   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)) in September 2014.

Interview

I was solicited on LinkedIn. After I responded to the message, I had a very simple 15-minute phone screen with a recruiter -- probably just checking to make sure I was a real person. Later that day, I received a HackerRank coding challenge in my email and had a week to submit my answer. It was one hour to solve one question. I finished in less than fifteen minutes. The day after I submitted the test, I heard back from a recruiter saying they wanted to bring me on-site the following week.

On-site consists of three 1-hour interviews. I first spoke with two engineers and finished with the CTO/co-founder. The two engineers asked me to code several algorithms and datastructures, nothing surprising or too difficult. The CTO asked me to design a system (not exactly coding, but similar thought process). Also not too bad--typical advice of state your assumptions, ask clarifying questions, etc.

About one week later, I had a call with another engineering manager, all behavioral, and two days afterward, I was scheduled to receive a call from the recruiter to discuss an offer.

Interview Questions

• Implement a "super stack" -- a basic stack with some additional specified features.   3 Answers

The decision was difficult, because it sounds like a very exciting time to join Zenefits with its incredible growth potential, but in the end I decided to go with another opportunity.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

The company does has a strong bias to hire Indians. This is the one and only interview that I've done in my life that I have a strong feeling that the interviewer wants me to fail. The lunch you will have to do it yourself, unlike interviews with other company, no one is going to lunch with you. You are given a gift card of $20 and it said nothing about where to spend it.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.