Cover image for Zenefits

Is this your company?

Add an Interview

Zenefits Interview Questions

Updated 31 Jan 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 399 of over 399 interviews

Employee Referral20%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Zenefits

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Two technical rounds. First Algorithm and DS and Second was a design round. The third round last was Hiring manager round. All interviewers were really nice people with very calm and content attitude. I was very happy with the interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Knapsack problem, Linked list etc, designing an ecommerce platform
    Answer Question

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in Sept 2022

Interview

One long month of interviews. Applied for this position and received an email to schedule a 30 minute phone screening. After that had 3 interviews, one with the hiring manager another with a VP and another with a director. Two interviews were an hour, final interview was only 30 minutes of which a spreadsheet was thrown onto screen and I was required to give feedback on upcoming projects. All this just to receive an email a week later at 12:38 at night to tell me I im “not the right fit”. An insane experience and after having to reach out to the recruiter on two separate occasions to get an update during this egregious process, I think I may have a dodged a bullet.

Interview Questions
  • Give me a time you had a project with ambiguity (that’s it, no further elaboration)

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Zenefits in Jul 2022

Interview

I applied early June and did not hear from anyone until late July, and did not receive an offer until late August. So expect their interview process to take quite a while! I had 3 different interviews total. The first was an introductory phone call with the recruiter, the second was a video call with a senior customer care specialist, and the final interview was with my potential manager which I found to be an interesting interview structure. The actual interviews themselves are not crazy difficult but they will ask you about your skills and past experiences and how they correlate to the role.

Interview Questions
  • Can you tell me about a time you handled an escalated customer?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

After applying for the job more than a month before, I received an email from a recruiter. That should have been the first red flag. I agreed and did an interview with the recruiter and was immediately moved to the 2nd round with the hiring managers for a few days afterwards. The meeting with the direct supervisor was a lot but his personality wasn’t. He was so monotone, not enthusiastic, but made it clear overtime was expected and it’s a organizational mess right now that needs cleaning up. The 2nd part of that interview with the department director seems to go well. She told me I would hear something in 1-2 days, It’s been 2 weeks and I’ve heard nothing. So I will assume I no offer is extended and that’s ok. The courtesy would be a proper decline. If someone takes time from their busy day to apply and interview for your organization, the least you can do is communicate all decisions whether good or bad.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time when you had an upset customer.

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Zenefits in Apr 2022

Interview

The interview was easy to set up and they were accommodating of my schedule. I thought the interview went well until the person interviewing me started messaging people towards the end of it. I was informed that there is a total of 4 interviews and 1 technical assessment.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saginaw, TX

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits (Saginaw, TX)

Interview

I completed one phone call and 2 video interviews. I was then asked for references and learned an acquisition took place and they were no longer seeking outside candidates and were looking inside. Complete waste of my time. Company does not value applicants time.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Applied and was contacted by a recruiter who set up an interview. Everything to this point went well. During the interview, which was scheduled for an hour, I was greeted by the interviewer. The conversation was very stilted. He seemed as though he had other places to be and the last thing he wanted to do was interview me. He kept his replies curt and unconversational. Despite this, I tried to continue the conversation and keep it light. However, after a high-level question about my resume, the interview was cut short by almost 45 minutes. He didn't ask any follow-up questions about the work I've done or the skills I have. He didn't seem to care. He did ask if I had any questions about the company. I had a few, but his answers were very brief and uninformative, as though asking the question were something he needed to check off a list. Even if he thought I wasn't a good fit (which he couldn't have known - we'd barely spoken), ending an interview abruptly like this is not the way to treat prospective talent. The interview concluded with no next steps given and a very puzzled interviewee. I do not recommend applying here.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits in Jan 2022

Interview

A call with a designer, a design challenge for a senior that you won't discuss afterwards, a call with a PM and designers who tried to understand a business they have never worked for omitting talking design.

Interview Questions
  • What is the problem you tried to solve? How did you prioritize goals?

Zenefits

Application

I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

3 rounds were there . First round was technical, second technical+hr , third pure hr. Overall was of average difficulty. Interview process was outstanding and overall a great experience. I being from a non cs profile am grateful for this opportunity

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Zenefits

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Zenefits

Interview

Did not like the sales team. They were rude, cold, demeaning, arrogant, and all had insurance sales backgrounds instead of SaaS backgrounds for some reason. Really weird interview process that felt impersonal and like and interrogation instead of a conversation. Anyway, not a company you’d want to work for due to the strange people and lousy product.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 399 Interviews