Whitepages Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Whitepages Interview Questions

Interviews at Whitepages

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Did a coding challenge and the was called for a phone screen. The interviewer was nice, but hadn't read my resume before the phone screen and so didn't complete the phone screen.

Interview Questions

Whitepages Response

5 Nov 2019 – Director, Human Resources

Hi - I believe you interviewed with Ekata, not Whitepages as we have not conducted any internship interviews to date, this fall/winter. Ekata was previously a part of Whitepages, providing B2B solutions to businesses, but since June 1, 2019 has spun-off into it's own company/legal entity and I believe it was their recruiting staff you talked to.

Best,
    Susan
    Director, Human Resources

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA (US)) in August 2019.

Interview

I was referred by a current employee. Internal recruiter contacted me a couple days later to schedule initial screening.

She and I had an initial 30 minute phone call scheduled (it went for 45 minutes because of all my questions for her) . It was very back and forth making sure all of her questions about me were answered and that all my questions about the role and the company were answered as well.

The next day we exchanged emails to schedule the in person interview loop.

Since I would be a hiring manager of technical folks I interviewed with a mix of technical folks, Senior Management and product people. The interviews were conversational, detailed and thoughtful. Everyone I interacted with was excited about being a part of the company, explained the challenges in front of them and how this role would be key in solving those challenges. They asked good interview questions -- it was clear they weren't looking for a unicorn, but someone who could lead the people and the technology without coding it themselves or micromanaging.

With the technical folks I was asked how I would solve X problem ( from both a management plan, down to the technical infrastructure pieces and tools I would put in place for implementation and how that would be architected).

The interview loop was a little over 4 hours.

2 days later I was contacted via email to schedule a meeting with the internal recruiter so they could deliver the news that they were going to extend me an offer.

The next day after I was called by the hiring manager with the details of the offer.

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Interview

The first step was a Hackerrank. After that I received an email from a recruiter for a phone interview. Was told that the recruiter would be on vacation. So we extended the appointment two weeks into the future. On the day of the interview I did not received a phone call. So I emailed the recruiter again. We then rescheduled. Again, on that day, I had to notify the recruiter that the phone call is today. After the phone screen, the next step was a coding challenge with an engineer. After thinking about it, I ended the interview process since my experienced was very negative. Interview process takes up a lot of effort and time! Please be more considerate of candidate's time!

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in April 2019.

Interview

Emailed me with a Hackerrank challenge. No call from any real person, and email response was automated. Coding challenge took me 3 hours, did it genuinely. Checked later and found it was a hard leetcode question with a twist, and I still didn't get to go to the next step even though I met all the requirements. I doubt anyone actually looked at my code. Total waste of time.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA (US)) in April 2019.

Interview

Reached out to the hiring manager, met with him for coffee, then invited in for on-site loop which consisted of 4 one-on-one interviews with members of the team and managers, plus an exercise.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages in April 2019.

Interview

I received an online coding challenge via HackerRank. I spent a significant effort making sure it passed the edge cases. I went further, explained the code in comments and refactored it as well. No response. Not even a rejection. I sent a couple follow up emails and still nothing.

Do not waste your time taking this challenge. It's not trivial and they don't even have the courtesy to respond. Spend your time studying or anything else productive.

Interview Questions

• Array hopper. you have to return the indices as well so its a bit more complex than the one found online   Answer Question

Job Title Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA (US)).

Interview

Initial call, the recruiter was 30 min late, they asked via email to reschedule for the following day. Recruiter called 15 min late for rescheduled call, asked simple questions to gauge personality and business acumen. After the call I was sent a link with an NDA and options for scheduling a call with the hiring manager. Next call with hiring manager, who was also late to scheduled call time, couldn't succinctly answer questions related to the product or customer base. Most of the call with hiring manager focused on my past relevant experience. I was sent an invitation for an onsite 1:1, and an ask that I make myself available for this meeting early in the week. After making changes to my schedule for an early week meeting they emailed asked for a meeting date at the end of the week. After shuffling my schedule again to accommodate their ask, they cancelled the meeting the day before indicating that they would not be moving forward. The end result being a colossal waste of my time and their companies resources.

Interview Questions

• How would your past successes translate to a product/customer base like ours.   Answer Question

Whitepages Response

24 Jul 2019 – Director, Human Resources

Thank you for providing this feedback about your interview experience and I'm disappointed that our process failed you, because we know your time is valuable. We have made some significant changes since you interviewed with us and our B2B division (WP Pro) has spun off into it's own legal entity, now known as Ekata. From a Whitepages perspective, we hope that if the opportunity arises for us to speak with you again about an opportunity, you will allow us the chance to have that discussion.

Best,
    Susan
    Director, Human Resources

Software Engineer New Grad Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Coding Challenge, 15 minute phone screen, 2 technical phone interviews, and a final onsite. While the engineers were great to talk to, and the culture seems great, but my recruiter lacked a lot of communication. Can't reveal more information, but it felt like they were telling me lies to stall for time.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Whitepages (Seattle, WA (US)) in March 2019.

Interview

They have you do a coding challenge which is a leetcode hard which is posted all over this page and has dozens of solutions online. Since you can study it before the test, they expect the solution to be more than perfect. And even if you pass with flying colors, you will likely not move on to the next round. I suspect they just hand all their applicants this coding challenge, and only check the resumes of those that complete it.

They claim that they test not only for correctness but also for structure/code organization/etc. which is absolutely ridiculous to test on a HackerRank. All those things, any other company would be more than happy to teach a new hire. Every company is different. And especially for a new grad role? This company is WAY out of touch.

Why does this company act like a startup, but use the same question for years? Most reputable companies, even smaller ones, don't do this.

I recommend not wasting your time. Or at the very least, if you get the coding challenge, don't think that they are actually interested in you.

Interview Questions

• Google "Whitepages array hopper" and you'll find a large number of optimal solutions.   Answer Question

Software Developer Entry Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Whitepages.

Interview

Phone screen, and then a technical interview over the phone. I was inexperienced at technical interviews over the phone, not being able to see the other person was far more stressful than anticipated.

Interview Questions

• Answer if the given string consists of two of the words in an array   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.