Virgin Galactic Interview Questions

Updated 30 Sep 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 65 of over 65 interviews

Recruiter10%
3.1
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Approximately 20 days after my application was submitted I was contacted to schedule an initial phone screen to take place that same week. 2 Business days after my phone screen I was contacted to schedule a Zoom interview with Hiring manager. Due to my own schedule restraints this was set for a week later. The following week I had two more interviews scheduled. After my final interview it was 3 business days until I received an offer for the role. I was very happy with the communication coming from the recruiting team and scheduling felt easy with options laid out for me.

Interview Questions
  • Heavy focus on your own story and the shape of your career path.
    Answer Question

Virgin Galactic

Application

I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

Video Panel interview with 4 interviewers and me. They use Zoom. The questions were not focused on skills. They were most interested in finding flaws with me and my background.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Virgin Galactic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

Made it to the final interview process, spent 2 hours with the team. They all seemed great. However, I was ghosted event after following up twice over the next 3-4 weeks.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Virgin Galactic

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic in May 2022

Interview

It was a screening call for an east coast job done by someone on the west coast. Very friendly and helpful HR communications. Unfortunately I did not have the ideal qualifications for the local position.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Virgin Galactic

Application

The process took 3 months. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

What interview process? The Recruiter and I connected end of week, with me providing times for a Monday conversation. I never heard back, until 1am Sunday night asking me for my phone info. Apologies, the spot had been filled never got back to me. I asked for another time slot and didn't hear back. However 1 full month later I was reached out to saying the role was close and we should keep in touch. No thank you!

Interview Questions
  • What time can you get together?

Virgin Galactic

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic in Mar 2022

Interview

HR screen, tech interview and finally panel with 5 engineers total. No presentation required. The overall experience is good. There were a lot of first principle questions follows with some design scenario questions. VG engineer team is more focusing on what you will become in the future then what you already know. It is OK to not fully aligned with the job description but you need to show that you are good at acquiring new skills and knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • NDA signed so I am not gonna talk about it. On suggestion though. Be familiar with the fundamentals. Space is still a forbidden land for mankind so what can help you the most when design spaceship is a deep understanding of first principle.

Virgin Galactic

Application

I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

First round: recruited. Very through very kind. They asked range when can you start before moving you to the hiring manager. The process post COVID is better then expected. There are multiple rounds to the hiring process will update as we go through.

Interview Questions
  • What are your salary expectations? When can you start?

Virgin Galactic

Application

I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

fine. took 8 weeks overall. Interviewed with 3 people that each had a completely different grasp of what the job role i was applying for, which at times was challenging leaning towards discriminatory (discriminatory as in one interviewer had no idea what the job was and asked questions not relative to the role/my exp. so it creates a negative deficit i appeared to fall behind in, when it only demonstrated a deficit in their understanding.)

Interview Questions
  • How do you see yourself growing in this company alongside the mission?

Virgin Galactic

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

Low quality interactions, about 9 week lead time. Felt like i kept getting bounced around by different individuals for a “second opinion,” but every interaction was embarrassing & disingenuous. Sparse communication; no word for extended periods of time and then everything all at once.

Interview Questions
  • So…what made you interested in working here?
2 people found this interview helpful

Virgin Galactic

Application

I interviewed at Virgin Galactic

Interview

There was an opportunity to have a more social visit with the people who would be managers. I found the technical questions to be very easy - mostly standard aerospace knowledge, I felt it was very doable; however I think I was overqualified for the position I was interviewing for, and in retrospect I should have pushed for an opportunity to show deeper knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Lift over drag vs angle of attack plots.
Viewing 1 - 10 of 65 Interviews