Vela Trading Systems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Vela Trading Systems Interview Questions

Interviews at Vela Trading Systems

2.7

QA Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems.

Interview

The first step (and the only one I reached) in the interview process was a three hour Codility exam. This seemed like too much for the first stage of an interview process.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to take a three hour exam before talking to anyone from the company?   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems (New York, NY (US)) in September 2017.

Interview

My initial conversations were with HR, I then had a ~20 minute phone interview and then went into their offices for an in person interview. I met with a few different members of the sales and account management team for the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to describe the experiences listed on my resume, and how I would leverage those skills in an acct management role.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems (New York, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed in November 2014 (New York, NY). Pretty standard technical and personality interview. Decision given at the end of interview.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems.

Interview

multiple telephone interviews followed by an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• we were on the same page so there were not any difficult questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in November 2019.

Interview

I was first tasked with completing a technical challenge where I was given a scenario of data coming into their system and what a piece of code means and the next part was describing a for loop and how it iterates over the array. The next part was just a competency interview asking general questions to find out more about you

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Two rounds in all - a screening round, followed by a second presentation round on Trading Models for exchanges. That was used as a base for further questions. The questions were then based on business analysis process, market data, and some fundamentals of exchanges and stock trading.

Interview Questions

• How do exchanges tackle investors who deliberately try to skew the market in a particular direction?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems (Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)) in December 2017.

Interview

Nice and relaxed interview process. First, you have to do a phone interview, which last about 10-15 minutes, then you have to meet in person - panel interview (technical and competency questions).

Interview Questions

• Technical questions are quite tricky; you need to understand multi-threading and data structures.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of 2 technical telephonic and 1 last technical at their location. The overall experience was good. Interview level was moderate, not difficult. However, they should be willing to offer good compensation.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Vela Trading Systems in November 2009.

Interview

After I submitted my resume for an online posting for an engineering opening I got a phone call from from their second-highest employee inviting me to interview in person. I suggested that we talk first on phone whether the opening is a good fit and was told directly on phone that they'd prefer to not talk on phone and want to meet me in person. We scheduled a time a few days later by emails. I showed up for interview at the appointed time.

I did not know at the time that this company is a 4-5 people operation with not even a full-time person to do HR. While the size in itself is not an issue, the owner and his associate displayed unprofessional behavior that an honest and professional person would avoid.

Before the interview and while inviting me they said that they would immediately make a decision. That turned out not to be true and simply a lure enabling them to check me out. I am technically very strong and they saw that and did not ask me many technical question; the few they quizzed me on I knew inside out.

I ended up interviewing them in person 3 more times at the same location with the same 3-4 employees. They wanted to make the offer in person. Every time when scheduling the appointment time they'd say they would make an offer today, and when I'd come to their office they made me wait for about half hour after the appointed time.Their tone while talking bordered on inappropriate. In hindsight I should have left at the first sign of the unprofessional wait time. However, as an interviewee I was focused on putting my best foot forward at the time and I did not grasp the level of un-professionalism at the time.

While the owner's associate made me an offer well below my salary level then (even though they were fully aware of my salary history), he was interrupted very unprofessionally multiple times by the owner by hand signals outside the room. I found that very unprofessional. They made me offer that I answered with a polite "i will think about it" and left. The tactics employed by them uptil that point will be enough turn any good guy away.

Interview Questions

Very unprofessional behavior that included a) making promises prior to interview that they would not keep such as scheduled time, final decision time b) unprofessional tone when speaking, and c) unprofessional interruptions and owner guiding his associate when associate did offer discussions through the glass door as I was seated facing away from the door

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.