Ulster Bank Interview Questions

Updated 8 Sep 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 19 of over 19 interviews

2.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at Ulster Bank

Ulster Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank in Sep 2019

Interview

1 hour and 15 minutes, competency questions, just a bit about yourself, your educational background, precious job roles, and then you get told to wait in the waiting area for 10-15 mins while they tally up your points, and if you’re successful at this point they invite you in for a telephone role play, basically they call you from another line and you’re given a sheet with an of customers bank statement and you have to go through that with the customer over the phone, be empathetic and also offer as many alternatives as possible.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work for UB? When did you give excellent customer service? Name a time when you had to work to a dead line? Tell us about a time you had a co-worker you didn’t necessarily get along with and how did you solve this problem?
    Answer Question

Ulster Bank

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulster Bank in Jun 2019

Interview

One round interview - questions weren't difficult but did get you thinking. Standard competency questions. Interview time took between 20 - 30 minutes. Two people on the interview panel, one took the lead and one asked follow up questions after an answer was given.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time you were put under pressure and how did you cope.

Ulster Bank

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulster Bank

Interview

Pretty long, there was a group activity in which we rapresented a start up asking money to investors, afterwards a single interview where you were asked to evaluate if this fictional startup should proceed with a business idea or not given some data. Lastly a motivational/competence interview.

Interview Questions
  • What was a time you had to give a negative feedback to someone and how did you managed their feelings?

Ulster Bank

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank

Interview

The interview was arranged by a recruitment agency in Dublin. It took place at Ulster office in Dublin 18. Friendly panel. Quick interview, the result was declared after 1 month.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Apr 2018

Interview

The interview was quit relaxed and informal. There was a panel of two that alternated asking between questions/taking notes. It was a competency based interview with no curveballs or unusual questions, all were quite general questions and then more specific follow up queries about my experience/approach to situations based on the answers I gave.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time you improved an existing process.
  • Tell me about a time you worked on a project where you had to make a choice about an aspect of it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Dublin, Dublin)

Interview

Interview was fine. Standard questions and lots of focus on their standards. Interviewed in November and only got feedback in 2018. Had to chase for feedback over and over again.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Dublin, Dublin) in Apr 2017

Interview

Very short process. The interview was very relaxed. Got to know a large part of the team. Really enjoyed it. Very friendly people. I wish every interview was like this!

Interview Questions
  • Write an small algorithm that checks if a word is a palindrome

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Dublin, Dublin) in Feb 2017

Interview

A quite relaxed, scenario based interview. I was made to feel comfortable which allowed me to give confident answers. The STAR format was used which enabled me to highlight how I achieved certain results.

Interview Questions
  • Have you ever dealt with a complaint and if so, how did you handle this?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland)

Interview

Standard questions but clear someone else was being given the role noting the matter if fact approach of the interviewers. Disinterested and uncomfortable throughout. Lady was very unfriendly. As I walked through it was very clear that there are alot of temporary staff which gives you a temporary idea as to how this business is run. Decided there and then there was a problem

Interview Questions
  • Give example of when you had conflict with another staff member and how you resolved it.

Anonymous Employee in Belfast, Northern Ireland

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ulster Bank (Belfast, Northern Ireland) in Feb 2016

Interview

Interview process consisted of 5 competency based questions and then a role play. The whole process lasts about 30 mins. Role play Is pretending to be on a call and reading a bank statement.

Interview Questions
  • Give me an example of a time you demonstrated good customer service
  • Give me an example of a time you worked with a colleague you disliked
Viewing 1 - 10 of 19 Interviews