Smartbox Worldwide Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Smartbox Worldwide

2.8

Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2013.

Interview

2X Phone screens to kick the process off. That was followed by a full day interview schedule with multiple business and development leads. Once the interview was over I heard back from the agency within a couple of days

Interview Questions

• Describe the full application life cycle for <insert imaginary platform>   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide.

Interview

30 minute telephone interview with hiring manager.
    Interviewer was very rushed, poorly prepared. Asked very basic questions. I asked more questions than her.
    No expectation set about next steps and no outcome / feedback provided even after following up with them 3 weeks later. Very poor communication

Team Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

First it was a phone screening with a recruitment agency and after that I've been invited for a video call through their internal system (quite weird as I live in Dublin and the office is at a few steps from my place. Strange automatic questions like "I give you an elephant and you can't sell it or give it away. What would you do?"
    After that I have been invited at their office for an Assessment Centre (10 candidates) with a couple of managers and HR Reps. They started to sell their company as the best in the world and we had a few tasks to do (group and personal 1to1). Strange questions also during this stage like " how many cups of coffee have been drank last night in Dublin"
    Overall, this company acts like a big corporate but, in fact, it is not.

Interview Questions

• 1. How many cups of coffee have been drank last night in Dublin?
      2. I give you an elephant and you can't sell it or give it away. What would you do?   1 Answer

Smartbox Worldwide Response

3 Jun 2017 – HR

Thanks for sharing. We hire internationally and video screening helps with this process. Questions are a mix of competency and evidence based and can contain some fun ones, which reflect the culture... More

Junior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in July 2018.

Interview

1. HR 2. Onsite interview. Despite possessing 7 year big corporate work experience of which 5 that is ideal to transfer to the potential role with Smartbox I applied, I wasn't offer a job. It took me me some time to get it over because this rejection was a really painful one for me as I felt I was going to land this job and I still have a big piece of disappointment in me not because of the fact I have been rejected but mostly because I feel the interview process was a mock-up and the internal (or any) candidate had been already selected for this (more junior) position. An onsite interview with the hiring manager was overall quite good, quite easy (which is unusual), I didn't have any low/struggling moments (I was a bit surprised it was in one 2 one format for such a role like BA). Although I tried to talk as much as I could to describe myself and my potential fit to this role/company but unfortunately I wasn't asked precise enough or challenging questions typical for business analysis or anything that comes with business analysis. This flagged up an orange light for me and you never know what questions are yet to come until the final moment of the interview arrives (then it's too late to go back to certain topics). The interview was mostly about my experience to-date, my motivation and knowledge of Smartbox, and mostly soft skills. Nothing technical,or business analysis related. It looked that the manager had pre-detrmined my candidacy purely on what was written in my CV (I couldn't list more than 70% of my actual skills due to its size). I asked a good few questions (throughout the interview and at the end) to get a better understanding of the Smartbox and its strategy and also to give my interviewer a hint about the process how I am thinking (business thinking) and what approach I might have. The manager told me he had been in the company for 3 months (...). I felt I was a good fit for Junior Business Analyst position as I had already dealt with many projects and business analysis within the area I worked in (reservation systems at big company) plus the role with Smartbox offered (a max salary possible for that role) the same money I am being paid now with my current employer so the change for me would be purely strategical as I would love go into business analysis space. On top of that, I possessed all required technical requirements as to data analysis and data manipulation (Python, Tableau, Excel, SQL, knowledge of data modeling and process mapping)...it is more than enough for Junior level job. Although my CV profile is branded strongly around data analysis and reporting I do have enough skills that are useful in BA role (liaising with stakeholders and clients internationally, cross-team collaboration , process improvement, systems mapping etc). At the end of the interview the manager told me he is impressed about my strong technical background and I even felt technically I was a little overqualified for this Junior role. A few days afterwards, I received a rejection email, and the official reason behind not offering me a job was that the manager had felt I was more suitable for Data Analyst role. I just wonder how it has been determined seeing that I wasn't asked any typical BA questions or any technical questions relating to the job requirements listed in the job advert ?? As much as I liked the company, the location, brand and even the interview (in general) I found it very disappointing and unprofessional to dismiss such strong-skilled candidate like me to a role that they should be more than happy to hire for it wouldn't even change anything in my earnings as this change would be purely strategical for me). I have had many interviews in my life but the outcome of this one (and the way it was delivered) is a really big disappointment. I reviewed Smartbox's employee profiles on Linkedin to understand their career paths and I found that many hires were at least questionable e.g. French linguist gets hired for technical role of data integrity analyst position (normally it doesn't happen in Dublin) or Dunnies Stores check out staff member gets a role of Junior Business Intelligence Analyst. Now ..if you compare these careers switches to my candidacy to the role I was rejected ... how such a candidate like me can feel ? At the same time I was having interviews with Ebay for other role and the recruiter was honest enough and reached for me saying they prefer to prioritize (also strong) internal candidate so my candidacy was put on hold but they gave me a good feedback and advised to contact directly with the recruiter if I find a new suitable role I wish to apply for. Such approach is much more friendly, honest and professional.

Interview Questions

• Why exactly I did apply to this position? Why Smartbox? What manager I would like to have.   Answer Question

Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in December 2017.

Interview

two interviews: first day, play role with other candidates and a personal interview after and the second day a personal interview with the manager of the team. The first one is where you have to show how do you develop yourself on a team

Sales Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide.

Interview

I get a interview all in Italian and they told me "don't worry. because we'll call you to tell you if you will be hired or not". after one month I am still waiting.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in November 2018.

Interview

HR O2O + assement + interview with a business case + a business case and I don't remenber HR O2O + assement + interview with a business case + a business case and I don't remenber

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was very pleasant and quick. I had 3 onsite interviews and all interviewers were well prepared and made me feel at ease. I knew what to expect and I received feedback after each interview. The interviewer's were professional but friendly and the whole atmosphere was pretty relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you improved something/ implemented a positive change.   Answer Question

Promoter Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Smartbox Worldwide.

Interview

They invited the candidates to their office in order to give a proper briefing to everyone about the job, which was a sales support job, and the products, which were gift boxes that included vacations, but also different experiences.

Project Manager Interview

Application

Interview

I was first screened by phone and then invited for the meeting. There were 3 interview panels with 5 people all together, 2 managers, another 2 managers and HR person. The atmosphere on the meeting was generally nice. I have been asked several times the same questions in a different way / form. There were also several other tricky questions, but most of them were quite standard. Unfortunately I wasn't offered the job.

Interview Questions

• Lot's of questions about the experience.
      Why shouldn't we hire you?   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.