Shell Energy Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Shell Energy Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at Shell Energy Retail

2.8

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail in July 2020.

Interview

The interview itself was conducted over a 2 day period, entirely online (due to COVID-19) which went as follows:
    Pre-interview
    Opening evening with the managers, other candidates and a representative from the open university.
    Day 1
    3 aptitude tests (which narrowed down candidates) and a short presentation in front of all interviewees and managers (related to a hobby, interest or activity).
    Day 2
    A team exercise (with three interviewees and 3 interviewers) and a final, 45 minute individual interview with 2 interviewers. The interview was conducted with a uniform set of questions in order to compare all candidates fairly.

The interview was well structured with specific time-slots throughout the days given to you prior to the interviews, the process itself, despite being very competitive, had a relaxed atmosphere; you are given the opportunity to ask questions, speak to other interviewees and managers informally (by joining the calls early), the questions were not designed to be necessarily too difficult or technical, and the managers/interviewers ease you into the interviews very well.

Interview Questions

• What did you do to prepare for this interview   Answer Question
    • A few "tell me about a time when" style questions   Answer Question
    • A few "what do you think the most important qualities of someone who x" style questions   Answer Question

Inbound Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in April 2020.

Interview

The telephone interview process was smooth.
    But the virtual part was good to the point of the phone call test which to my ability, i handled quite well but was later told it was the only part i did not get right.

Interview Questions

• How would you address a complain from a customer about the broadband not coming up and he needed it fixed for a meeting he has for 11am? Role Play   1 Answer

Customer Experience Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cove, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Cove, England (UK)) in March 2020.

Interview

There was a group session explaining the interview process. I would describe the Interview process as a journey by you demonstrating your skill set in a given scenario.. Finally a 1-2-1 interview with a Manager asking supplementary questions.

Interview Questions

• How would improve customer journey within prepayment metering?   1 Answer

Customer First Adviser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in January 2020.

Interview

I applied online, followed by a phone interview, then an assessment, this was very relaxed. If you're successful you're then offered a job. The whole process flew by

Customer Experience Maker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

Interview

I applied, had a 20 min phone interview with a recruiter named Kim who was in the biggest rush ever. She was talking really fast and I could barely hear her since it was noisy in her office. I had to keep asking to repeat the questions which made the conversation awkward at some point. There was no empathy whatsoever, I felt she just wanted to do it as fast as possible and interview the next person. She couldn’t even tell me straight away I wasn’t invited for the next interview in the office but instead she sent an email five minutes later. Tone of her voice made me feel more nervous than I was. Felt like I was being interview by the police or something.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Screener interview with recruiter, 1 hour telephone interviews, 2 face to face interviews. It was quite strange that there were so many stages and then I did not get offered the role based on industry experience (something covered in the initial screener interview).

Interview Questions

• What is your understanding of Shell Energy? Talk me through your previous experience. Have you had experience of <enter examples of responsibilities from the job description>?   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

It was a simple, quick and effective process. Asked to complete a developer competency based test e.g. connect to a API and render some data on a page using the latest web technologies.

Hub Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)) in September 2019.

Interview

It was the application submitted online based on my capability framework and then interview - which was based on competencies - well organized. It was HR representative and head of customer services leading it. 1,5h, well paced.

Customer Service Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Coventry, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (Coventry, England (UK)).

Interview

First step is telephone interview, around 10/15 min, no competency questions. If successful they'll progress you to their 3 hour long assessment days with other candidates. There are 3 sections to the assent day; company overview, role play, they will also provide you with customer scenarios that you have to provide the best solution to.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Shell Energy Retail (London, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Lifeless. Interviewer didn't care about what was said, was dull, boring and uninterested.

It seriously felt as if I was trying to get blood out of a stone at times.

Don't even waste your time.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.