Shaw Academy Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Shaw Academy

2.4

Digital Marketing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

One-off interview, with several half-hearted questions. The people responsible for interviewing me needed to get back to the floor to meet their targets and manage ongoing problems. It was brief, they (like most of the staff) were sound just unfortunate to be working in this awful company with its laughably bad senior management.

Mobile Developer - Android Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2019.

Interview

Absolutely horrible. I was contacted by the recruiter via phone call. There were 2 things that were not right, the network quality of the call and the attitude of the recruiter. Her voice was so much muffled that I had difficulty in understanding her and when I requested her to repeat something, I was given and answer that "you should move to a better network area". Still putting up with that I continued the call and again when it impossible to understand what she was saying, I again requested her and was given the answer "do you understand English?" and not to forget "I told you to go to a better network area, what is wrong with you". And after a minute more she cut the call abruptly.
    This is not just some daily chore that you will dump and try again another time. It is about the possible future of a candidate so maybe you should take it more seriously.
    To that recruiter, yes I can understand English very well and I am not hard of hearing, the problem is your attitude.

Senior Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Bengaluru (India)) in April 2019.

Interview

HR from Ireland called me and explained about the company. There was a telephonic round of interview from the director and then he called me for his office. Attended interview at ITPL location office.
    No1 Interviewer asked ' tell me about yourself' and he asked some meaningful questions. No1 was happy with answers then he sends No2.
    No2 does not know anything about data analytics and he asked me ' tell me about yourself' and he said he does not know about my role (why he has came to take interview).No2 sends No3.
    No3 ask same question ' tell me about yourself' and she asked about the notice period offer etc.
    Next day HR calls and he said I was selected but I did not taken the offer because of negative reviews. I really thank for those who given prompt reviews on the company and thank glass door for the same.

SAD Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Academy.

Interview

• Worked with Google Maps and reverse geo coding, XML, JSON, HTML
    • Worked with Shared Preferences, SQLite database.
    • Worked with Material Design.
    • Involved in the Unit Testing and written test cases.
    • Strong knowledge of OOPS (Object-Oriented Programming concepts).
    • Proficient on User Interface (UI) in android, having good knowledge on customizing UI components.
    • Strong knowledge on Maps V2, GCM, FCM, Facebook, Gmail, In-App Billing and Payment gateway Integration.

Software Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2018.

Interview

I was tested on my resume, the technologies and internships that I have mentioned. Then I was asked few questions related to arrays, link-list. I was also given a puzzle to solve.

Interview Questions

• implementation of binary search   1 Answer

Principal Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2017.

Interview

I was contacted directly by HR. The process tool 1 week. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Bengaluru) in Jan 2018.

Already experienced parking problem in ITPL so I used public transport. Interview scheduled at 3 so I reached around 2.45. I was waiting for HR and HR came at 3.10, asked me to wait in small room. Finally @3.20, one guy came and asked my name, intro..etc (he didn't introduce himself so i asked his name ). checked my profile and asked about the technology which is not there in my profile ( I explained him saying I have theoretical knowledge and explained the same), within 10 mins, interview got over. (wasted around 5 hours for this 10 mins)

Please screen profiles properly and if required, please use telephonic interview for initial screening. Also give some basic training for interviewer.

Interview Questions

• asked only one question "your approach on creating REST Api"   Answer Question

Inside Sales Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2017.

Interview

Phone interview with a few questions followed by in person interview that lasted about 15 minutes.

Received an offer the next day at a lower salary than I wanted, declined and received the one that I wanted.

Application to hired in a week.

If you just want a job and have any sort of competency then you'll be fine.

Interview Questions

• What attracts you to this role?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative/Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2017.

Interview

Walked into what into a group interview situtuation after being told by the "talent aquaisition" person that it would be a standard interveiw, going through the C.V etc.

Everyone else in the room had came in though an external recruiter who had advised them fully on the process, what questions would be asked, that there would be a role play and even the specific activity that we would undertake as part of a group.

I found this highly unprofessional on behalf of lady that invited me for the interveiw initially.

Group interviews allow the person who shouts loudest to shine through, if these are the type of people you want working for you then good luck in the attempted growth of your company.

Customer Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Shaw Academy (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2017.

Interview

Conducted a phone interview where I had to "sell" one of their courses. The next stage I was invited to their headquarters in Dublin for a face to face interview. When I arrived, I found around 10 other people there for a group interview. They had us discuss various courses they offered & doing puzzles / games & sat watching for approximately 2-3 hours. They then left the room to deliberate and only 4 of us were chosen to do a one-to-one interview.

Interview Questions

• What makes you think you could excel in this role / previous experience etc.   Answer Question

Shaw Academy Response

28 Jun 2018

Thanks for the review.

And sorry that your experience were not great and also very long.

The length is not indicative of how we managed our hiring process at the time, but we were having trouble with our recruitment agency partners responding to us. This isnt an excuse but perhaps an explanation.
    If you would like to contact us, I can discuss this further.

Regarding your experience, I've personally overseen a revamp of our hiring process and we seek feedback directly from the candidates to make sure that their experience is nothing short of excellent.

We always wants to improve in Shaw Academy, and we have made serious improvements in this area and many others since you would have interviewed.

Thanks again and good luck with your career

Customer Service/Sales Interview

Application

Interview

Informal and laid back, office is nice. However because it was so informal I got the feeling there was no structure to it, they didn't really know what they were doing. Spent around 2 hours there (a lot of it waiting). I never even got a generic emailing telling me that I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me two weaknesses, or two reasons why we shouldn't hire you.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.