Monsoon Accessorize Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Monsoon Accessorize Interview Questions

Interviews at Monsoon Accessorize

2.5

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Shreveport, LA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied in store and interviewed on the spot. Then I interviewed with the regional manager two days later. They ran a background check and I started the next week

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and met with the manager. She asked a few basic questions about me and my previous work history. No real questions. She basically just asked me to tell her my hobbies. We ended up talking about sports for awhile. She asked what I wanted to make in regards to salary. I told her what I made previously and she offered to match it. Hired me on the spot for a position higher than I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Bay Shore, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

They asked me on the spot to fill out an application and I tried my best to answer my questions. Since it was the start of a new store, this was her first interview also, so it was almost like a regular conversation.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online, heard back within 1 week, had telephone interview, called in for one to one interview.
    Did a floor walk and had to present findings after an hour on the shopfloor.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Chat with internal recruiter on phone who put my details on to the area manager who then decided she'd like a face to face interviews. SWOT analysis had to be done also and then presented. Then there were only about 6 questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They offered me more than I asked for to make up for the lack of bonus scheme. In hindsight, I should have negotiated further as your salary has to be what motivates you because there is literally NO other incentives

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)) in July 2015.

Interview

3 stage interview:
    - monsoon contacted me via e-mail with job offer
    - phone screening with their internal recruiter
    - interview with Area Manager in one of flagship stores, standard questions about my previous experiences, my career...
    - interview with other Area Manager in another store, more of a shop floor/practical interview, about VM, customer service, shop floor tasking, and a brief conversation in office.

Interview Questions

• tell me about your experience with your previous employer   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage process with 2 face to face interviews. One with HR and one with hiring manager. Both took place on separate occasions at the Head Office in London.

Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)) in June 2018.

Interview

I had one competency-based interview with the Senior Marketing Manager. It was a very pleasant process and I felt at ease even with the nerves for the interview. One of the best interview experiences I’ve had.

Interview Questions

• What experience do you have that could help you out in this role?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize.

Interview

Applied for job online, invited by phone call to an interview. Second interview bit more intense and finally a third interview.
    It was a very orecise, professional and straight to the point which was really reassuring as they seemed sincere. Long wait finding out if I was successful or next stage. They also made me want the job even more as they were proud of their work and team. Pleasant experience but also intense.

Head Office Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize.

Interview

1. Applied online
    2. Phone interview the next day
    3. 2ish weeks later invitation for onsite interview with 2 People and a test.

Interviews go both ways - ie you interview the company and decide if you want to work there.
    About 25% in I knew I didn't want the job.
    The people interviewing seemed really unpleasant and I did not get a good vibe from them at all. If they offered the job I would have rejected it.

The interview was quite strange.
    1) I explained my current role.
    2) then she said what else is relevant on your resume? (Pardon? Are we going on to the next job or are you ignoring everything?)

She read questions off the piece of paper and seemed to judge your answers per question rather than realising you could have already answered that question independently.
    Eg - 1) Why this role? I answered by stating what I understood the role to mean and why I liked it.
    2) What do you think the role entails? (I already answered that....) I actually had to restate "well like I said before...."
    But imagine that over and over again.
    She typed your answers so I just thought - copy and paste....

She also asked questions completely void of personal circumstance.
    For some I just declined to answer as I knew I didn't want the job and wasn't going to speak for the sake of it when it was inappropriate for my personal situation.

She couldn't properly answer my questions which wasn't a good sign. Especially about why she liked working there or the typical daily responsibilities of the role.
    The fact the entire team was new (later research showed the previous person left within 6 months.... must be bad).

It felt more like they just wanted free direction in their own work with VERY SPECIFIC examples as she even stated they had never done that type of work before. Which seems quite ironic - you have no experience in it and were hired but you won't hire anyone unless they have an exhaustive amount let alone even hiring a replicate of yourself. I had more experience than her.
    I definitely got an 'I am concerned about your capabilities' vibe despite being superior in experience and education to her when she started there.

Apparently they have been interviewing for a while. If that's the case then you should have picked any of your initial candidates months ago and would have trained them by now!

HR were great. Overall would not recommend and have no intention of applying in the future with them.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.