Monsoon Accessorize Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Monsoon Accessorize Interview Questions

Interviews at Monsoon Accessorize

2.5

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize in January 2016.

Interview

Went in and met with the manager. She asked a few basic questions about me and my previous work history. No real questions. She basically just asked me to tell her my hobbies. We ended up talking about sports for awhile. She asked what I wanted to make in regards to salary. I told her what I made previously and she offered to match it. Hired me on the spot for a position higher than I applied for.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last employer?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bay Shore, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Bay Shore, NY (US)) in November 2014.

Interview

They asked me on the spot to fill out an application and I tried my best to answer my questions. Since it was the start of a new store, this was her first interview also, so it was almost like a regular conversation.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Shreveport, LA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Shreveport, LA (US)) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied in store and interviewed on the spot. Then I interviewed with the regional manager two days later. They ran a background check and I started the next week

Interview Questions

Interview

Two interviews, with One with supervisor and second with the store manager and supervisor, smartly dressed, relaxed atmosphere in the staff canteen. Tip, ask many questions about their store team and set-up

Interview Questions

• What previous relevant experience do you have?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Birmingham, England (UK)) in August 2019.

Interview

Gave my CV in store on tuesday
    Had interview few days later on a friday
    It was a one to one, the people were really nice, it was for the christmas fole

Interview Questions

• Time you were in a difficult situation
      Time you had conflict with someone and how you sorted
      Time you went above and beyond for someone
      Time you helped someone make progression in their career   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize in July 2019.

Interview

I was offered a telephone interview which I was really excited about. Having previously worked a lot with branding, retail and public speaking, I am an extremely confident speaker. During the question "Can you tell me what a MAA does?" I was expecting that this question would pop-up as it is a pretty standard question in every interview so I proceeded to answer the question as best and as clearly as I could (after all, I know what a MAA does since I want this role and my CV and cover letter were approved?!). Half way through the interviewer laughed out loud which shocked me so I stopped, she then said in an aggressive tone "Are you just reading the job description?!" I replied "No". I have never experienced such an unprofessional person in my life, I tried my best to shake that off and carried on with the interview. It honestly made me not want the job, I couldn't wait to get off the phone. Such a waste of time and effort you are made to feel really small even if you are passionate, qualified and perfectly experienced.

TIP: Make sure you do not research the job role before you apply and make sure you do not sound smart when you answer the questions - apparently that's laughable. OR just avoid it and go elsewhere where you are appreciated for all of your great qualities from the very start - Best of luck.

Interview Questions

• When are you available? (This question was asked about 4 times, I gave the same answer)   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me what a Merchandising Administrative Assistant does?   Answer Question
    • Why did you choose the Merchandiser role over the Buyer role?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable with maths?   Answer Question
    • Are you available for face-to-face interview tomorrow?   Answer Question
    • Are you just reading from the job description?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (Manchester, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

Extremely easy. Asked in store about part time vacancies and was told to bring in a CV, which I did a few days later. Got a phone call 2 days after this and arranged interview for 2 days after. Had my interview this morning, and have just had a call offering me the role!

Manager took the interview and was super lovely! Just talked through some general experience questions, incorporating past work experience and just general life (eg. can use examples of where you have seen customer service/where you've organised your time in school, etc). Questions weren't too complicated, but definitely look online for generic interview questions to practice! Most led to a conversation on the topic so helped my personality shine through.

Interview lasted around 20 minutes, shorter than I expected but we did miss out some questions that I included answers for in other answers.

Positive experience, and extremely quick process. Would highly recommend someone to apply if they are thinking of doing so - great brand with great morals/ethics; I start in a week!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have seen a company deliver great customer service   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you have had an altercation with someone and how it was resolved   Answer Question
    • What do you think good communication is?   Answer Question
    • Talk about a time you have worked in a group where there might have been altercations   1 Answer

Concession Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I was called by head office recruitment who asked a few questions then asked me to attend an interview with a senior concession manager. You need to prepare a SWOT of a store and present it informally to the manager. She also asked basic customer service questions and how you run a team etc. I passed that interview and was invited to a final interview which was again just questions and getting to know me. I heard back a few days later and they said it was a really close call. Overall it was an average difficulty interview but they make you feel so welcome and relaxed it was a really good experience. If you do well but do not get the offer they add you to their talent bank which is nice.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)).

Interview

2 stage process with 2 face to face interviews. One with HR and one with hiring manager. Both took place on separate occasions at the Head Office in London.

Assistant Buyer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Monsoon Accessorize (London, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

Good overall experience. HR were efficient and quick to get me in for an interview. I did a SWOT analysis and presented this to two buyers. They had lots of questions for me and seemed quite focused on my ideas.

Interview Questions

• Upcoming trends, why would you like to work for Monsoon, why Buying over Merchandising.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.