Hays Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hays Interview Questions

Updated 17 Sep 2018

3.2

Associate Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in September 2015.

Interview

it was really easy process. its almost like they are begging to have people work for them. Then you start working there, you realise why they need people so badly. never seen such high turnover rate.

Interview Questions

• what is the most difficult problem you've successfully solved?   Answer Question

27 Aug 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your 2017 review of your 2015 interview. Hays has over 250 offices in 33 countries, so unfortunately one is unable to speak to turnover, as each country and office has their own... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in November 2015.

Interview

3 steps of interviews: 1st face to face short interview; introduction and behavioral questions
    2nd assessment center: was in a conference room and there were in total 11 of us 3rd Skype interview with hiring managers

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)).

Interview

Walked in through job forum, had a short conversation with their director and got an interview very soon. The third stage was the 3 hrs assessment center, challenging but rewarding. Consisted of role-playing and behavior exercises. They are all very nice and it was a great experience.

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the interviews,

1st stage - phone interview, just talked about yourself and what makes you interested with the company.

2nd stage - phone call/face-to-face with the manager; talked about the process of recruitment and your goals.

3rd stage: assessment - there are 4 exercises on this stage

4th stage: talked with the manager from the location that you asked for.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

31 Jan 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience, albeit difficult. We currently have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Raleigh... More

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Boston Career Forum and I got a phone interview directly from the Japan office. I was asked several questions and the HR person seemed to suggest that Hays is highly competitive place and everybody works in a stressful environment so if you don't like stress please don't come.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Hays in July 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview, followed by group interview, followed by director. Most important thing is personality and fit towards a sales job. Ambition is also valued and ability to meet targets.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview Process is 3 hours long. You will meet with top producers from Recruitment, Account Management, and Managing Directors. Video Conf. with VP. Very happy go lucky, people who "love it so much" All but one seemed to actually be genuine. The rest were kind of "hard selling" the company and how "great" it is. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone who wants to make serious money. Doesn't seem to be a place where people are making any real money. Couldn't take a step back in pay and the recruiter will feed some BS about an initial draw to get you up and running. No thanks. Stay away from this company unless you want to starve for a year. Happy Hunting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback and how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult client and what was the outcome   Answer Question

1 Feb 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry the experience didn't sit well with you. We value and respect each person that walks through our doors, whether they choose to join Hays or take another... More

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

very short and mainly typical job interview questions. If you know what you are doing you can answer the questions asked during this interview without being nervous. You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out from the crowd. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, and did first round phone interview with her. Very straight forward making sure you’re interested in the industry/job and talking through your resume.

Next step was another phone interview with the hiring manager in the office you want to go to. Once again straight forward behavioral interview. Very easy to talk with them. After this round I was invited to interview in person in their Maitland Office.

Went into the office for a 2-3 hour interview with several different people within the office. Had the chance to speak with both recruiters and account managers as well as the hiring manager, managing director and Skyped with VP. Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to talk to! They asked mostly standard behavioral questions and let you ask as many questions as you wanted. Each person was very honest in discussing both the challenges and rewards of the job which was refreshing instead of only hearing one side. I ended up hearing back a few days later that I was going to receive an offer and decided to accept. Their company culture seems really great and you can tell they care about their people.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

2 Mar 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you decided to join our team and wish you success!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Hays (Boston, MA (US)) in December 2016.

Interview

3 phase role-playing interview: 1. sell yourself; 2. sell the candidate; 3. sell Hays. You are basically role-playing a recruiter and you get to experience what it feels like to be a recruiter.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.