Hays Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Hays Interview Questions

Updated 21 Jun 2018

3.3

Onboarding Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Hays (Tampa, FL (US)).

Interview

Hays required that I drive to their office to schedule an interview, which took two minutes and could have been done easily over the phone. On my second trip, the interview ended up being a panel with six people interviewing me. This was extremely unnecessary for an entry level position. I never heard anything back from the hiring manager, I was just told by a friend that worked there that they hired someone for the position. It was extremely unprofessional to not even receive an email letting me know that the position was filled after taking the time to come to the office twice. I will never recommend anyone to look into this company

6 Jun 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. I am truly sorry it was not a positive experience. Having you come in to schedule an interview is odd. We have brought candidates in to meet with a recruiter, but not... More

Sales Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Hays (Dallas, TX (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

-Phone Interview
    -On-Site Manager Interview / Shadowing Interview
    -Senior Leadership Interview

Great experience and you can tell that they truly care about the people they bring onto the team. Very professional experience along with great communication and responsiveness.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

9 Apr 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review, welcome to Hays! Wishing you a very successful career!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Hays (Chicago, IL (US)) in March 2018.

Interview

The recruiting coordinator responded quickly via email to set up a phone interview. Interviewer was very friendly and personable. The interviewer tried to give a good description of the company and really tried to make sure it was a good match for both of us.

Interview Questions

• There weren't really any difficult or unexpected questions. It was mostly self-explanatory.   Answer Question

5 Jun 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience, it's very valuable insight!

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL (US)) in February 2018.

Interview

Initially contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn, and did first round phone interview with her. Very straight forward making sure you’re interested in the industry/job and talking through your resume.

Next step was another phone interview with the hiring manager in the office you want to go to. Once again straight forward behavioral interview. Very easy to talk with them. After this round I was invited to interview in person in their Maitland Office.

Went into the office for a 2-3 hour interview with several different people within the office. Had the chance to speak with both recruiters and account managers as well as the hiring manager, managing director and Skyped with VP. Everyone was extremely friendly and easy to talk to! They asked mostly standard behavioral questions and let you ask as many questions as you wanted. Each person was very honest in discussing both the challenges and rewards of the job which was refreshing instead of only hearing one side. I ended up hearing back a few days later that I was going to receive an offer and decided to accept. Their company culture seems really great and you can tell they care about their people.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

2 Mar 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you decided to join our team and wish you success!

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Maitland, FL (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Hays (Maitland, FL (US)) in January 2018.

Interview

The interview Process is 3 hours long. You will meet with top producers from Recruitment, Account Management, and Managing Directors. Video Conf. with VP. Very happy go lucky, people who "love it so much" All but one seemed to actually be genuine. The rest were kind of "hard selling" the company and how "great" it is. I wouldn't reccomend this to anyone who wants to make serious money. Doesn't seem to be a place where people are making any real money. Couldn't take a step back in pay and the recruiter will feed some BS about an initial draw to get you up and running. No thanks. Stay away from this company unless you want to starve for a year. Happy Hunting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received constructive feedback and how did you handle that?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle a difficult client and what was the outcome   Answer Question

1 Feb 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your review. We are sorry the experience didn't sit well with you. We value and respect each person that walks through our doors, whether they choose to join Hays or take another... More

Associate Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Hays (Columbus, OH (US)) in December 2017.

Interview

There are 4 stages for the interviews,

1st stage - phone interview, just talked about yourself and what makes you interested with the company.

2nd stage - phone call/face-to-face with the manager; talked about the process of recruitment and your goals.

3rd stage: assessment - there are 4 exercises on this stage

4th stage: talked with the manager from the location that you asked for.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

31 Jan 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad you had a positive experience, albeit difficult. We currently have offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, DC, Denver, Houston, New York, Orlando, Raleigh... More

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Hays (New York, NY (US)) in October 2017.

Interview

I was contacted on linkedin.
    1) Skype interview with Hays Internal Recruiter
    2) Assesment Center - Group of 6 candidates + Hays Internal Recruiter and Hays Director. On this stage they will play roles and its great to better understand what the job is and if it is really for you. My tip is: do an extensive research about the company and what recruitment is. An extensive material is available on Youtube and on the website. The more you know, the better prepared you will be. You really have to show you want it.
    3) Skype Interview with Country Manager/Director. It would be presencial but he was out of country. Not even one useless question. Very professional. It took about 20 minutes but he asked me very stratagic questions. Again prepare yourself. Showing that you fully understand the business can make a diference. Show them you want it, show them you can do it.
    4) presencial meeting with head of office and senior consultant: last stage. again very professional people treated me really well. Long interview as I had to explain many questions and provide details about my CV. Prepare yourself. I noticed that your look is very important here. Make sure you are perfectly dressed with formal business clothes. Hair, nails, etc everything counts and you dont want to lose points with this. Show up very well dressed even on small details.
    5) references checks: if they ask you for this it is very likely you will receive an offer letter. provide them two contacts, ex-managers is prefered. Call your pp in advance and ask them if they can give good references. Choose someone you trust.
    Finally they will invite you to go back to the office and give you an offer letter!

Sorry for the typos. Writing from the phone. Good luck. if you read this youre probably doing a more extensive research than your competitors. So keep yourself calm and speak with confidance. Smile, stand up and shake hands when the enter the room. They will start evaluting you from the moment you arrive at the reception. Be friendly and polite with the recepcionist.

Interview Questions

Hays Response

Recruitment Consultant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Hays in April 2017.

Interview

4 rounds of interviews for such an entry level role.
    It feels like you are applying for a Goldmansac career and gotten accepted and ended up in a data entry career. Too much for a company like them to make such many interviews for a small role. If you are keen for it, or are into force selling... yes, this will be a perfect career path for you...

Interview Questions

• Why hays? Tell me what you see yourself in 5 years time? The process of recruitment?   1 Answer

1 Feb 2018 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Thank you for your feedback.

Often times our hiring managers will role play different scenarios with candidates, to give them a feel for the work they would do in the position. We have... More

OSHA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bronx, NY (US)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Hays (Bronx, NY (US)) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview was at 8:00 am, I arrived at 7:30 am prepared with my work clothes to see if I should stay to work that day, the time came for the interview asked me about my experience I told him That I knew later they approved the work and from there I started to work in that company

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Hays (Denver, CO (US)) in March 2017.

Interview

very short and mainly typical job interview questions. If you know what you are doing you can answer the questions asked during this interview without being nervous. You can do the work and deliver exceptional results. You will fit in beautifully and be a great addition to the team. You possess a combination of skills and experience that make you stand out from the crowd. Hiring you will make him look smart and make his life easier.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.