Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 10 Dec 2018

3.1

Sort:

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I was referred in by a former co-worker, so my skills were already proven.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call with the recruiter. Then with each of three peers in the role. All via phone. I then did in-person interviews at a hotel with peers, directors and potential direct reports. Overall a great interview experience. The in-person process was very easy, they flew me down and booked a suite for me. Each of the interviewers then came to my suite for my interviews. This allowed me to 'control' the situation with air conditioning, water, cleanliness, etc. Dress code was business casual. Questions were focused and tone was congenial.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage technical consultants in the field.   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter has a conversation and explains in great detail ho focused Guidewire is in hiring the best talent and as a result has a comprehensive and difficult interview process.
    There were 3 phone screens
    Followed by 2 in depth phone interviews
    Finally, a whole day of face to face interviews with 4 different interviewers (or teams)

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you use your technical background to develop and guide team members to meet their career goals.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The head of recruiting was really friendly and replied promptly. They gave me a coding challenge for a "boggle game" in Java. I didn't know java, but I knew Python and tried my best. Then, I was given a video/phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a clock?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I applied via career fair, and got contacted for a phone interview after about a week. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewer started with a introduction of the company, and then went through the resume pretty quickly. I got a few detailed questions about the Java language, and a small puzzle around the end. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through linkedIn.I got phone interview call after 10 days I applied.The interviewer asked me basic java and data structure questions,one puzzle.The interview process is very fast and very friendly.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in June 2013.

Interview

A telephonic round with hiring manager, covered job experience and a few questions on simple data structures.
    Then I was called for on-site interview.
    1 hour Object-Oriented design
    1 hour Algorithms
    1 hour programming on an IDE
    1 hour behavioral interview with manager.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA (US)) in August 2009.

Interview

2 day interview

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Just name a price and it was accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Guidewire (Foster City, CA (US)) in April 2010.

Interview

1. wordy puzzle game
    2. went over the solution with interiewer
    3. on-site interview, coding about coffee-vendor machine

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.