Guidewire Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Guidewire Interview Questions

Interviews at Guidewire

3.1

Configuration Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (San Jose, CA (US)) in July 2017.

Interview

Brief call with recruiter, phone call with Engineering Manager of the team you'd work on, on site technical test, interview with the tech lead for the office

Recruiter didn't respond to 3 of my follow up emails asking for a response on my status. Only person to respond was the tech lead, which was also a very vague answer after a week. Don't think it's very professional to leave a candidate hanging, even if you are going to reject them.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I was referred in by a former co-worker, so my skills were already proven.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Fair offer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire (Tampa, FL (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

I had a call with the recruiter. Then with each of three peers in the role. All via phone. I then did in-person interviews at a hotel with peers, directors and potential direct reports. Overall a great interview experience. The in-person process was very easy, they flew me down and booked a suite for me. Each of the interviewers then came to my suite for my interviews. This allowed me to 'control' the situation with air conditioning, water, cleanliness, etc. Dress code was business casual. Questions were focused and tone was congenial.

Interview Questions

• How would you manage technical consultants in the field.   1 Answer

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire (Chicago, IL (US)) in January 2016.

Interview

The recruiter has a conversation and explains in great detail ho focused Guidewire is in hiring the best talent and as a result has a comprehensive and difficult interview process.
    There were 3 phone screens
    Followed by 2 in depth phone interviews
    Finally, a whole day of face to face interviews with 4 different interviewers (or teams)

Interview Questions

• Discuss how you use your technical background to develop and guide team members to meet their career goals.   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire in November 2014.

Interview

I applied through linkedIn.I got phone interview call after 10 days I applied.The interviewer asked me basic java and data structure questions,one puzzle.The interview process is very fast and very friendly.

Interview Questions

• how do you handle collisions in hashing?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The head of recruiting was really friendly and replied promptly. They gave me a coding challenge for a "boggle game" in Java. I didn't know java, but I knew Python and tried my best. Then, I was given a video/phone interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you implement a clock?   2 Answers

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and got the first phone interview invitation 3 or 4 days later. The first round is about basic Java knowledge. The second round phone interview needs access to internet. The interviewer will send a link to your email. It is like coderpad. I was asked to do some coding. Both interviewers are pretty nice. The pace is quick. When you got the point, he moves to the next question.

Interview Questions

• Basic Java interview questions. Like how does HashMap deal with collision?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

Applied online and got a call from the recruiter after a week. The recruiter asked about a few technical questions that were straight out of the book. No problems there as the recruiter was keen on understanding whether I could code or not. I was scheduled for a phone screen. That was it!

Interview Questions

• Given a list L1(L11, L12)->L2->L3(L31, L32)->L4. (L1->L2 means that L1 is the parent and L2 is the child. L1(L11, L12) means that the nodes are adjoined). Flatten the list at the same level. Collabedit interview.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Guidewire (Los Angeles, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a coding challenge that I had to complete (no time frame) correctly upon which I was informed that I will be having a 30 minutes skype interview. The interviewer was very kind and asked me about my solution to the coding problem and asked me a couple of data structures questions like speak about their implementation.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Guidewire.

Interview

I applied via career fair, and got contacted for a phone interview after about a week. The interview lasted half an hour. The interviewer started with a introduction of the company, and then went through the resume pretty quickly. I got a few detailed questions about the Java language, and a small puzzle around the end. The interviewer is very friendly.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between abstract class and interface   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.