Gilead Sciences Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 13 Nov 2018

Sort:

Contract Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)) in June 2011.

Interview

Contacted recruiter directly about position on recruiter's site, learned it was at Gilead. Recruiter was positive and easy to talk to. After short phone interview, met with recruiter on campus for 30 minutes. Recruiter said normally, interviewing with her and the group manager was all that was required. She scheduled me for an interview with group manager. That interview lasted 45 minutes. Learned afterward that they had an internal referral to consider, and I would have to interview with the division manager, and another group manager. Those interviews lasted 30 minutes each, on a separate trip. Eventually was told my analytical skills weren't strong enough. Would have appreciated being told sooner.

Contractor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)) in March 2014.

Interview

Phone screen first then a week later met with ~5 people and hiring manager. Full depth of technical questions to try and probe the extent of your knowledge base as well as typical career goals and expectation questions. Extremely important to understand all the skills listed on resume, likely will be asked in depth questions about what and how certain techniques were used.

Contractor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences in October 2015.

Interview

I interviewed with 4 people and though they were nice, they did not give me a clear picture of the Core Values and Culture which I now know to ask. Interview lasted 3 hours

Interview Questions

• They asked if I was proficient in MS Project, # of previous direct reports, if I had experience with shipping samples, a lot of questions on my past experiences.   Answer Question

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)) in October 2013.

Interview

Recruiter got me telephone interview quickly. Next step was in person interviews for 3.5 hours meeting with 12 people. It also included a practical portion. It was quite thorough. Did not hear back for a week. Was not selected.

Interview Questions

• Not any unusual or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

PK/PD Science Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences in January 2009.

Interview

very insensitive schedule in one day. Had to meet all the future team members in one day with one hour presentation. The people over here were very nice and easily to talk to. Questions were general and reasonable. But bad impression with the HR representative. He was very hard to talk to and seemed very inexperienced. I didn't get any question answered by him and I would rather to read the company benefits by myself instead of dealing his rude attitude. It turned out the hiring manager did most of his job later.

Interview Questions

• Give an example to change people's mind with your knowledge.   Answer Question

low pay and low title and very hard to negotiate

Associate Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences.

Interview

Straight forward interview process. Phone screen with a recruiter and then with the hiring manager. Full day of interviews meeting the majority of the team. Interviews in person were broad range of people I currently work with. Not much structure but definitely comprehensive.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)) in April 2016.

Interview

pretty straight forward in the first round. Mostly HR type of questions and skill set. second round was more difficult. They provided a case study with 24 hour turnaround time to present and show technical and logical skills

Associate Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)) in February 2015.

Interview

The whole process was smooth and people in Gilead are nice an friendly. Within one day, met 8 folks there. Each for 30mins. Some of them 45mins. No really hard questions. Overall enviroment of Gilead looks nice. Campus is sunny and quiet. Cafe provides great food. all in all people are good.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Foster City, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Foster City, CA (US)).

Interview

Before the full day interview there was a pre interview for an hour. After I passed that they called me for 8am-5pm full days interview. All day interview meeting about 20 people. 30 minute seminar was included as well. Overall a tiring day but was a good time getting to meet people and understanding the culture.

Associate Scientist I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oceanside, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 10+ months. I interviewed at Gilead Sciences (Oceanside, CA (US)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview lasted a little over 4 hours with a range of interviewers. Some were easy and others were more difficult. I got a feel for the different personalities at the department.

The interview was that of skill set, depth of knowledge, personality, and included lunch.

The most difficult thing is meeting a team where half of the interviewers had stubborn personalities. I certainly walked out of the interview not planning to accept an offer (if it was made). However, each department has its own "personality," so don't shy away.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if....? how about if this....? ok, then what if this happened?...but what if....   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.