ExxonMobil Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

ExxonMobil Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at ExxonMobil

3.2

Chemical Engineering Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX (US)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Austin, TX (US)) in September 2018.

Interview

Applied through campus career center, online, and visited Exxon at campus career fair. Two weeks later I was extended an invitation for a first round, behavioral interview. It was a 45 minute slot. They promised a decision within two weeks of the interview but requested more time to make their decision on my application at the two week mark.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for ExxonMobil

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in December 2019.

Interview

I completed the competency tests and they took about a month to move me onto the Skype interview stage. The interviewer was quite easy going and friendly. He asked the classic "Tell me about a time" competency questions as well as why I wanted to work with Exxon

Interview Questions

• The were insistent on asking me about an with experience handling data.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in December 2019.

Interview

Applied online, followed by an online assesment. If successful moved onto an online interview with generic questions about myself, after this there is a one to one interview in person, and then finally an assessment centre. They didn't get back to me at all and I needed to email a few times to finally find out that the position had already been filled.

Interview Questions

• How do you respond to a conflict while working in a team?   1 Answer
    • What did you struggle with most in university and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (London, England (UK)) in October 2019.

Interview

Reached the third interview stage. The stages were as follows: Online tests then Skype interview followed by a 50min face to face interview. The face to face interview consisted mostly of psychometric questions followed by technical questions near the end.

Interview Questions

• When have you come up with an innovative solution to a problem?   Answer Question

Application

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter, passed psychometrics and got through to the interview stage. Was interviewed on campus. There were 2 interviewers, who were nice and made me feel at ease.

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil in January 2019.

Interview

Application forms then an online test, followed by a video interview then if successful an assessment centre. Application process takes a number of weeks to progress through each of the stages but they notify you on your process throughout.

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ExxonMobil.

Interview

I applied online and received an email for an online assessment, which consists of a numerical test and a personality test. After that is a Skype interview with one of their associates

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in December 2018.

Interview

Applied online and then received an invitation to complete a numerical reasoning and personality test.
    After a week I was invited to a skype interview with an Exxon employee. The questions for this are the same as what is posted on glassdoor (interpret numerical data, time you solved a problem etc)
    After 2 weeks I was invited to a face to face interview in Southampton. The interviewer was friendly and pushed me to get the best answers, so ensure you know your scenarios inside and out.
    The questions were all fairly standard and if you have a lot of different scenarios to draw from it should be okay.
    The assessment centre comprised of a written task, a panel interview, a group task and a presentation. Each of the activities are based on a single project (either retrofitting or building a new line). There is no right or wrong answer, they are judging your approach and whether your values fit in well with theirs.
    Panel interview consisted of an interview with 2 senior Exxon employees on basic competencies with a short technical portion. The technical section could be anything from fluid mechanics, control of unit operations or process economics within a refinery.
    Ensure you emphasise your answers in the panel interview in the STAR format by explicitly telling them what the situation, task, action and result are otherwise they won't write anything down, as I learned the hard way.

Good luck

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in October 2018.

Interview

Submitted CV and cover letter and was invited to campus interview. Online tests numerical and verbal reasoning tests were omitted from the process due to campus recruitment scheme. The interview was with a panel of 2; an experienced manager and a recent graduate. It consisted of roughly 45 minutes of competency based questions and 15 minutes of technical questions. There were only time for about 3 competency based questions because the interviewers kept asking for elaborated details on the answers given.

Interview Questions

• I was asked how I dealt with a project not going to plan/having to adapt a project plan.   1 Answer

Graduate Chemical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southampton, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ExxonMobil (Southampton, England (UK)) in October 2017.

Interview

completed numerical and verbal. interviewed by HR person via phone general competency based questions. interviewed at Southampton site in October 2017 - two people present during the interview, they expect you to answer based on the STAR method.

Interview Questions

• why exxonmobil? why the particular role? long-term goals. Trends in the gas and oil market, where you would invest money and technical questions on distillation.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.