Evertz Microsystems Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Evertz Microsystems Project Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Evertz Microsystems

2.7

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2018.

Interview

four rounds are conducted one after the other
1)normal aptitude round along with technical question about 60 questions these are mainly about linux,networks,broadcast,database sql etc. all basic questions only were asked
2)technical interview:based on the preffered programming language questions were asked.
3)managerial round
4)hr interview

Interview Questions

• basic coding questions, also project code they asked,much about unix,networks and broadcasting is asked.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Evertz Microsystems

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.

Interview

Three steps in total.
    1.phone call from HR 2. on-site from team lead 3. on-site from VP.
    I only take the first two round.
    The on-site interview was arranged a week after phone interview.

Interview Questions

• phone: the brief introduction and easy coding problems.
      on-site: three team-lead each spends half an hour. including basic network knowledge and javascript questions.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in January 2018.

Interview

First stage is a phone interview. Second stage is an in-person technical interview.
    I did the technical interview very well. I was confident enough that I would definitely get the job. I had enough knowledge on all the topics that they had asked.
    But later I received an email saying I got rejected. Honestly, I have heard before that they have gender discrimination while hiring, especially in R&D. They only want men to work over there. Now I am forced to believe that it is true. It is my fault that I didn't put my gender on the resume while I applied for the job. I personally know a lot of people working over there with my same or less qualifications.

Please never think that boys do better than girls. It is really bad.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

I was interviewed on the phone first. The phone interview included two parts, behavioral question and technical questions. It took totally about 25-30 mins.
    After about 2 days, I received an on-site interview opportunity for 3 days later. So 5 days after I received the phone interview, I participated an on-site interview at Burlington. The interview took about 2.5 hours, I was interview by two different group of people. I was told I will contacted a week later, I am currently still waiting for it.

Interview Questions

• phone interview:
      introduce myself
      where do I see myself in five years?
      why do I choose to work for evertz?
      technical:
      What's the north American TV standard ?
      Name few sorting algorithms you know
      what dose "const" mean in C++
      how many hosts available in a particular subnet, given the subnet masking
      network related Linux command
      SQL related question

on-site interview:
      first group of people interviewed me for 1-1.5 hours,
      introduce myself
      why do you choose this position
      technical:
      since I have no knowledge about JavaScript, I was given 10 mins to explain a paragraph of JavaScript code, and calculate the output
      how to check if two hosts are connected
      what's north american TV standerd
      linux basic commands questions
      name few video compression format
      there are few more I don't remember.

second group of people interviewed me for 1 hour,
      what's my interests
      what's my real interests
      will the responsibility of this position fits my interests
      technical:
      difference between "union" and "struct"
      two ways to reverse a linked list
      networking related questions
      Linux basic command questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Oakville, ON (Canada)) in May 2016.

Interview

I brief phone interview with HR which led to an in person interview with 3 hiring managers. Each manager asked some technical questions and why I was interested in the job/what i hoped to get from the job.

Interview Questions

• How do you reverse a singly linked a list?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

Received an email for phone screen; Had a 30-minute phone interview; Proceeded to the next round after a weekend; The second round interview took 2.5 hours. Proceeded to the last round after a weekend and the last round was interviewed by 2 VPs.

Interview Questions

• 1. JavaScript Questions
      2. SQL questions
      3. basic network questions
      4. behavioral questions   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Reading, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the university recruiting website, and received an e-mail to schedule an interview after about 2 weeks. The interview was not long, about an hour, and I heard back after a week.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.