Evertz Microsystems Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Evertz Microsystems Interview Questions

Interviews at Evertz Microsystems

2.8

Service Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (New York, NY (US)) in August 2020.

Interview

The process was split in 2 phases, first one was just some basic questions about my experience, and then I was scheduled for the Technical interview with someone who called me from canada, he was very nice the interview went very well, he said that he'll recommend me to his superiors and since then I received nothing, no communication whatsoever!

Field Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (New York, NY (US)).

Interview

Phone interview and then a face to face interview..just basic electronic questions. Linux questions and some IP protocol. Nothing so detailed. It is a very easy interview. Should not be hard in any way

Interview Questions

Application

I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems in December 2017.

Interview

1. A simple 30min interview going over my resume and who I am (personality test)
    2. Technical based interview going over industry standards, audio/video, servers, and terminal commands.
    3. Technical based interview going over Mac/Windows/Linux hardware/software and how those differ when in a VLAN/Subnet and how to use terminal commands on each.
    4. Somewhat technical based, went over what the job is like and what I would be doing if hired then I would be given a scenario and tell the interviewer how I would handle the situation concerning both the customer and the hardware/software implementation.
    5. The final technical based interview where they asked some tough questions that I only knew 80% of but showed a passion to learn everything that I didn't already know.

Interview Questions

• How would you connect two computers together so that they can communicate with each other?   1 Answer
    • Hardest project you've ever worked on and what did you learn from that experience?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to deal with a difficult customer, how did you handle the situation, and how satisfied was the customer when they left?   Answer Question
    • What terminal/command-prompt command would you type to check the network status? (as in, to check if you are connected to the internet)   1 Answer
    • What terminal/command-prompt command would you type to check the IP-address and subnet mask of the computer you're on?   2 Answers
    • What networking experience do you have and are you familiar with the video/audio standards in the industry?   Answer Question
    • What would you say is your best skill that would make you an asset in this company?   Answer Question
    • Do you have experience with face-to-face customer service, and if so, have you been in a situation where you couldn't help a customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
    • What does ATSC stand for?   1 Answer
    • What is a VLAN? What is a Subnet? How would you set them up? How would you set both up on one network? What is the difference between them?   Answer Question
    • How well do you work under pressure? And how well do you work in a team-based work environment?   Answer Question

Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.

Interview

I interviewed with an HR representative over the phone which lasted approx. 25 minutes. From there we were supposed to schedule a Skype interview with a manager from the department I would be working in. That person was traveling a lot and conflicted with my schedule. The appointment was pushed back 3 or 4 times before it fell through and never followed up.

Interview Questions

• The hardest project I had work on.
      Things that project taught me.
      What my salary was at my current job and what I expected to make at a new job.   Answer Question

Field Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burbank, CA (US)) in August 2014.

Interview

Applied online, set up telephone interview with HR, second interview with operation manager. basic questions with HR mostly about the job description. Then set up interview with the manager, the interview took quite sometime ask about technical knowledge, encoding decoding, video format and conversion, example of encoding/decoding. Prepare of the question on the IP, such as what is gateway, explain the IP configuration for the second interview about technical knowledge.

Interview Questions

• do you read or create system and electrical diagram?
      Do you use Linux?   1 Answer

Interview

it's good and kind and comfortable for me. Because it is co-op job, we started this co op with 5-8 people together. And we can share some ideas and so on. In summary, HR and interviewer was good.

Customer Service Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burbank, CA (US)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burbank, CA (US)) in March 2013.

Interview

called local office to enquire about opennings. takled to sales manager. Recieved call back from HR/Canada, then Phone interview by HR. Follow-up was a second techincal phone interview by hiring manager. It was primarily a Q&A session. focused on broacast video technology and on IP networking questions.

Interview Questions

• brodcast video standards and technology questions: nature of HD vs SD, define reference, SMPTE standards, etc. Technical questions about IP netmask calculations. Interview was fairly technical.   1 Answer

Embedded Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems.

Interview

There were 3 rounds. Experienced people were preferred. A lot of People with Coop experience applied. Knowledge of Device drivers and networking required. questions on Mutli-threading such as Mutex, semaphore etc.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2020.

Interview

Hiring many people for the position QA systems Engineer as per my understanding. Interview was good. For freshers, they can learn something new.Asked few behavioral and half technical questions.They said they are planning to expand the office branches in bengaluru, chennai and hyderabad.

Interview Questions

• Behavioural and half technical interview questions were asked.   Answer Question

Applications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Evertz Microsystems (Burlington, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The interview was split into 2 parts. There was a multiple choice test followed by an in-person interview with 2 people. The test was fairly straightforward and the interviewers were quite polite.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.