Dublin City University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Dublin City University

2.6

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2018.

Interview

first interview was a one on two situation which was rather casual and relaxed. the second stage was a presentation followed by question session. Overall experience was friendly and positive

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the role   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview itself was fine, and professionally conducted.

However, the overall process was very poor and they did not keep to their own timelines around communications at any point in the process.
    There was a 2 month gap between the job application deadline and a phone call from HR to inform me I was shortlisted for an interview.

At the end of the interview, I was told by the HR panelist that they would make a decision within two weeks, and asked me twice to confirm my referees' availability. I was told they wanted someone to start straight away, which I could.
    But they never reached out to my referees, nor did they have the courtesy to let me know if they made a decision or not.

It has been two months since my interview for this senior level role within the university network, so this lack of communication is a serious flag. It is quite disappointing, as the project was very interesting and I supported it's social objective.

I'd suggest Glassdoor widens their options for the 'Did you get an offer' question. Not getting an offer could mean you were formally rejected, or just got ghosted and never heard back. I think this is an important metric for candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with academic staff with competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a project wasn't going well. What did you do to turn it around.   Answer Question

PhD Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in May 2015.

Interview

I had my interview online via a Skype call. It went very smooth, I wasn't asked any hard questions and was offered a job at the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there?   1 Answer

PhD Student Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisbon (Portugal)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Lisbon (Portugal)) in June 2012.

Interview

It is really based on case to case. Interview was Skype based, very relaxed with my supervisor.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dublin City University.

Interview

Standard application form with supporting documentation, shortlisting process, interview panel 5 members, one extern. Interview duration 45 minutes. Powerpoint presentation required- topic given a week in advance. Medical examination. Took a month to revert with offer. Did not give candidate much time to think about the offer before it expired.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role in line with the organisation's mission and values   Answer Question

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2015.

Interview

Casual 2 on 1 interview, assessing my enthusiasm for the job and a review of my academic results. I was asked simple, broad questions about the field and whether or not I had enjoyed the experimental section of the related module during my college semester.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in July 2013.

Interview

Just conversational about studies and previous jobs. It consisted in a chat over a cup of coffee first, and then a full day visit to meet with some members of the lab.

Interview Questions

• Describe previous roles
      Talk about studies
      Ideas for first projects   1 Answer

Negotiation

It is no big deal to prepare for those interviews

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santry

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Santry) in May 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of one interview and one interviewer. It was a very professional interview, however the atmosphere was relaxed. Questions were mainly experience based. It lasted for approximately 30 minutes. Interview was conducted in a meeting room.

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed by an panel of 4 people; comprised of a HR person, the PI, the senior scientist and an external scientist with expertise in the area of the project as the group were branching out in to new territory with this project. The PI arrived about 15 minutes late but was apologetic. The interview was approximately 45 minutes long and took place in the HR department.

Interview Questions

• Questions asked pertained to my previous experience, my views on the research area and what the current weakest link in that area is/was, if funding was not an issue - what research would I pursue.   Answer Question

Postdoctoral Researcher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in May 2015.

Interview

Attended an interview @DCU. Interview process was fine. Panel of 4 academics and 1 HR person. Questions were all to the point and none that were difficult to answer. The interview lasted about 45 minutes if not a bit shorter. The panel were all friendly and interested in what I was saying. There were no really hard questions or very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• What kind of funding would I apply for or have I applied in the past?   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.