Dublin City University Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Dublin City University Interview Questions

Interviews at Dublin City University

2.6

Research Assistant Interview

Interview

Applied through email, then got reply and had back and forth.

Half standard personal questions, then there was a tour of the lab with more technical questions including competencies in CAD, programming, plasma science, engineering.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dublin City University.

Interview

The application form is out-dated and in MS Word format. Waited a long time to get any confirmation and then very short notice about the interview date. The external person on the panel was not an academic and couldn't ask reasonable questions about research. Two members of the panel didn't bother turning to the research and teaching presentation.

Academic Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in September 2019.

Interview

The Interviewers were very nice and created an open atmosphere which allowed me to feel comfortable when answering the questions asked.

I was asked role-specific questions and they were curious about my previous experience in an academic setting.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview itself was fine, and professionally conducted.

However, the overall process was very poor and they did not keep to their own timelines around communications at any point in the process.
    There was a 2 month gap between the job application deadline and a phone call from HR to inform me I was shortlisted for an interview.

At the end of the interview, I was told by the HR panelist that they would make a decision within two weeks, and asked me twice to confirm my referees' availability. I was told they wanted someone to start straight away, which I could.
    But they never reached out to my referees, nor did they have the courtesy to let me know if they made a decision or not.

It has been two months since my interview for this senior level role within the university network, so this lack of communication is a serious flag. It is quite disappointing, as the project was very interesting and I supported it's social objective.

I'd suggest Glassdoor widens their options for the 'Did you get an offer' question. Not getting an offer could mean you were formally rejected, or just got ghosted and never heard back. I think this is an important metric for candidates.

Interview Questions

• How would you deal with academic staff with competing priorities?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when a project wasn't going well. What did you do to turn it around.   Answer Question

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Dublin City University.

Interview

Standard application form with supporting documentation, shortlisting process, interview panel 5 members, one extern. Interview duration 45 minutes. Powerpoint presentation required- topic given a week in advance. Medical examination. Took a month to revert with offer. Did not give candidate much time to think about the offer before it expired.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the role in line with the organisation's mission and values   Answer Question

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2018.

Interview

Applied for the job via email. Got a call the next day about the interview. The interview took place the following day. Got the offer the day after the interview. The interview was short and the supervisor was very friendly and helped me with questions that I stumbled on.

Interview Questions

• Describe the HPLC schematic.   1 Answer

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2018.

Interview

first interview was a one on two situation which was rather casual and relaxed. the second stage was a presentation followed by question session. Overall experience was friendly and positive

Interview Questions

• What skills can you bring to the role   1 Answer

Ambassador Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2018.

Interview

A standard interview format two people conducted the interview, they were very fair in there questioning and engaged with my answers throughout the interview. They were fair and professional in the manner they conducted the interview in.

Interview Questions

• They asked how my previous work experience could be transferred to the new role   Answer Question

Reception Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santry

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Santry) in May 2017.

Interview

The process consisted of one interview and one interviewer. It was a very professional interview, however the atmosphere was relaxed. Questions were mainly experience based. It lasted for approximately 30 minutes. Interview was conducted in a meeting room.

Professor of Psychology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Dublin City University (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Panel of six, one external asked scholarly (but not well informed) questions, the other seemed to think she was the 'bad cop' in a 'good cop bad cop' scenario. Actually she didn't know really what she was talking about, but that didn't stop her being unpleasant in a manic fashion. Otherwise questions seemed a bit oblique and I'm not sure they didn't have a candidate already in mind. Bit surprised I was asked to go at all given this institution (the 'entrepreneurial' university of Ireland) had employed my business partner on a temporary contract and had made some arrangement with him to become independent of the partnership and carry out the business wit them in their facility. All bad form isn't it?

Interview Questions

• I can't remember specifics. I mentioned opening an international masters degree and this was actually scoffed at, even though the interviewer concerned has no actual experience of this themselves.   Answer Question

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.