Ding Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at Ding

2.8

.NET Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in November 2019.

Interview

There are 2 interviews. First interview is about experience and general question like a chat with HR. The second is technical interview with two people. In the second interview, there is a programming question on a white board to see if I have problem solving skill.

UI/User Experience Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in May 2019.

Interview

Two 30 min sessions in succession.

First 30 minutes were great. I had a rapport with the guys I was interviewing with and I felt that they were getting a good feel for my experience and I was getting a good idea of how they work. During, I thought this definitely was the job for me.

Second 30 minutes were bizarre. Interviewer was a bit like a gestapo agent. Taking notes on everything I said and reading them back to me. It felt like he was deliberately trying to make me uneasy. Which is an interview technique, I guess, but the way he was reading into some of the throwaway things I said was unsettling...particularly because I think he knew I was just trying to be conversational. It’s also strange to have to answer the same questions again right after being interviewed by other people with the same questions.

I left thinking I definitely didn’t want to work for that guy but definitely did want to work with the other guys.

I never write these things, but this was a strange experience and I wanted to offer feedback.

Seems like a great company with otherwise good people though despite the weird interview.

Interview Questions

• General questions about my experience. Nothing difficult or too broad.   1 Answer

Social Media & Communications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

Super friendly. Really cool office and team and they asked straightforward questions, expecting straightforward answers. I didn't get the offer for a number of reasons (including little tech company experience) but the team gave me fantastic feedback to move on to different roles and invited me to apply again in future.

Interview Questions

• What two things stand out from your experience that would be most useful at Ding?   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin).

Interview

The interview was a three part process; the first stage involved being interviewed by 3 separate people with different roles within the company. The second stage involved a brief and the third and final stage was getting with the CEO of Ding to see if you were a good fit within the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe an instance in (previous role chosen) where you overcame a difficult situation. Describe how this instance shaped you as a person.   Answer Question
    • What was your greatest achievement during your time at (previous role chosen).   Answer Question
    • Describe how you would respond to a situation where you have been asked to make changes to your work but you do not believe they are suitable changes to make.   Answer Question
    • What words would your current colleagues use to describe you.   Answer Question
    • What is the best team you have been apart of and why.   Answer Question
    • Is there anything you wish to highlight that has not been covered in the previous questions.   Answer Question

Executive AC Payable Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dhaka (Bangladesh)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Ding (Dhaka (Bangladesh)) in May 2018.

Interview

First they sent you an email which consists an excel file where certain tasks needs to be completed and send to them within a certain time. Once you are done they will set up a phone interview and call you.

.NET Graduate Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in April 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received a call a few days later requesting a phone interview. Firstly they couldn’t manage the times of the interview correctly, secondly when I had the interview they told me the role was actually for a system administrator role not a graduate position. They asked about APIs which is clearly stated on my CV I don’t have any... then was asked to do a technical test within 2 days whilst I work mind you which would take 5+ hours and I have a 2 hour commute too and from work. The technical test was purely API... dropped out of process.

Interview Questions

• What’s the difference between an class and an interface   Answer Question

Online Marketing Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in February 2018.

Interview

Interview process was slow. I was interviewed by 4 people.
    The experience was good, nice people and nice work environment.
    Negative point: they didn't got back to me with a answer after 1 month after being insisting.

Online Marketing Executive (Spanish Speaking) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied online on January and received a call almost two weeks later (It was christmas). They said they wanted to have a phone interview the next week. Next week I had the phone interview, it was completly focused on my experience and my CV. No funny business, no tricky questions, it was a nice interview. I asked a lot of cuestions because I really wanted to know if this was a company where I could grow in.

A week later I received a call to set up an interview at Ding for the next week.
    First I interviewed with HR, she just went through my CV and explain what would be the next steps, asked some questions about my experience and that was it. That was like a 30m interview. Then I met with the Manager and another person of the team, they also asked questions about my experience, and how I would handle situations in my previous jobs. That was another 30-35 minutes.

After those two interviews I had to make a translation of a text about Ding, it's information that you can easily find in their website, and write two emails according to the situations they give you. (a- Because of the hurricane in Mexico we are not going to charge any fee for 3 days and b- the other was a promotion were people would get the double of credit when receiving a top-up in Jamaica).

They said that they would call me next week to give me feedback or arrange a meeting with the CEO, because apparently he has to meet everyone who is going to be hired, if he approves then you're hired. But never got the call or email. So I decided to write them an email,and then they called me and said they've decided to continue with other candidates.

In general it was a good process, it seems like a great place to work. What I did see in the office was a lot of men, so I'm not sure how they're working their diversity when they hire people.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for this position through college, they called me shortly after to arrange for a 90 minute interview. The interview was split into three separate interviews. First interview was with a HR person talking about previous work experience with general interview questions. The next interview was with two guys from the QA team, they asked about past college projects, technology used, my role etc. After that I spoke with the QA team manager. This was mostly just conversation, casual and friendly, just to see if I was a good fit.

Overall positive interview, nice place with nice people.

Interview Questions

• They asked about previous work experience.   Answer Question
    • Describe one time working in a group that your contribution made people unhappy, what did you do to improve the situation?   Answer Question
    • After graduation what would be your dream job?   Answer Question
    • What interests you most about the QA position?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Ding? Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question
    • Tech guys asked about previous projects, explains technology used, my role and my contributions.   Answer Question
    • If you could return to one college project and start again, what would you do differently?   Answer Question

Online Operations Agent With Spanish (Night Shift) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Ding (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied online and a few days later they contacted me to set a telephone interview. Since the job position requires speaking in Spanish, the first part of the interview was in English and the other half in Spanish with a native speaker. The person in charge of the interview explained everything, from the company's product, to the working environment, and also the different stages before getting hired.

Interview Questions

• - Tell me about yourself.
      - What do you know about the company?
      - Have you worked night shifts before?
      - What 3 skills are essential for customer service?
      - What CRM software do you use?
      - What can you bring to the team?   2 Answers

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.