Bullhorn Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Bullhorn Entry Level Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Bullhorn

2.8

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn in January 2017.

Interview

I was contacted very quickly to do a online skills test. Then around 4 to 5 days later there was an phone interview. A week after I was notified that I was not selected for the position.

During the phone interview I was told I was being interviewed for Entry-Level Quality Assurance (QA) Engineer position. Which I then notified the Interviewer that I applied for Entry Level Software Engineer position and he said it was fine and the Interview went on as normal. Wasn't anything too hard, but it was my first professional interview being fresh out of University and I don't think I did enough homework. I did searches afterward and there where references to similar questions and how to answer them effectively and I kinda dropped the ball. I take that as a learned lesson for future endeavors.

Overall, what turned me off to the Company was how during the process I just felt like another number. Not knowing what position I applied for, not giving simple feedback, just going through the motions. I understand some interviewee's can be hard to deal with and a lot of the generic responses we get are to protect the company from lawsuits. I don't think it wouldn't hurt to tell failed candidates how they can improve on future interviews if they ask.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

23 Jan 2017 – Director, Talent Acquisition

Candidates should never feel like a number, and I'm so sorry that this is the impression you were left with. We do consider entry-level Engineering candidates for both QA and software engineering (we... More

Other Interview Reviews for Bullhorn

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in December 2014.

Interview

LONG hiring process. very very picky about hiring even though the salary offers were way lower than industry standards (45k starting for a BCS ???) They will try to sell you on the bi-annual reviews and salary increases but by the time you get up to industry standard salary for your position or a position increase, they'll have milked you for a year or two of work at subpar pay... I chose to discontinue the interview process after I found out about the compensation.

Interview Questions

• Various technical questions about generic software algorithms and paradigms.   Answer Question

6 May 2016 – Recruiting Manager

It's true that we're very selective in our hiring process- we want not only great Engineers, but folks who will thrive in our fast-paced culture focused on delivering an incredible customer... More

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Bullhorn.

Interview

What my experience looked like: first, an aptitude test. If you pass, a recruiter will contact you; this consisted of general, non-technical questions (what programming language is your strong suit, what kind of pay you were expecting). Following that was a technical screen with a hiring manager. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Their Glassdoor reviews look suspect. Definitely do some research on the company prior; ask each person throughout the process a good amount of questions to get an overall feel for the company.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

6 May 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Great tip on asking questions of each interviewer. Especially in our fast-paced development space, getting a true understanding of expectations is key! I wish your experience was a better one, but... More

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I had a phone interview. First the interviewer made a quick pitch for how great the culture at Bullhorn is, saying that they have free soda, lunch once or twice a week (or something like that), and casual attire ("I've never seen so many beards in a workplace before," he said). Then without any other discussion he told me that the job would pay $45k. I made it pretty clear that that was too low and since it was clear that it was not a negotiable number, that was the end of that.

I ended up getting a job that paid more than 50% more a couple months later. Bullhorn seems like a good company to work for but frankly I am astounded that they are actually able to hire developers at that rate, and it makes me wonder about the talent level they are attracting.

Interview Questions

• Would you be willing to work for 45k a year?   1 Answer

11 Jan 2016 – VP, Human Resouces and Talent

Congratulations on your new role. I hope that you heard about our other benefits - salary reviews twice a year, almost 10% of our employees receive a promotion or move every quarter that includes a... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO (US)).

Interview

Process took almost 4 months. That's not a joke. Started being contacted via email back in middle December of 2015. There was a brief assessment, a techincal phone call, and finally an onsite interview. All the question, whether techical or not were very simplistic. After multiple emails over the course of nearly 4 months I was told I did not recieve an offer. Never received a reason even after asking for one. All the question particularly for the onsite were very easy so I really don't understand. Overally a pretty terrible experience. No matter if they choose me or not this shouldn't take 4 months. Also compensation is ridiculously low.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

6 May 2016 – Recruiting Manager

Wow, it sounds like we really dropped the ball with you- please accept our apologies. The process should never take this long, and our team should have been more communicative throughout.

Entry Level Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn in July 2014.

Interview

Received a link to take a personality test (un-timed) and a 15 minute test with 50 questions. They were logical, verbal, and math questions. It seemed that the logical questions dominated the test. 2nd was the math questions and a few verbal. It says that they don't take off for bad responses, but try to answer every question. I personally don't believe this. I'm sure everyone receives a "score" and "higher" scores advance.

I received an e-mail 10 days later saying that they were going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Practice logical, math, and verbal questions. The questions are easily prepared for if you got a practice book as they are common questions. The difficulty is so many questions in so little time. Don't meander on the verbal questions. Just pick one and move on.   Answer Question

22 Dec 2014 – Director, Talent Acquistion

Thank you for your feedback. We feel our assessment process is not uncommon in the industry. It is just one component of our interview screening process. We are very lucky to get a strong response... More

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Bullhorn (Saint Louis, MO (US)) in May 2015.

Interview

Straightforward:
    They initially require an which is logic based. You must answer as many questions as you can in 15 mins.
    The following round is a recorded interview. You are allowed two attempts per questions, note that internet issues may waste one of those attempts. The questions themselves are not very difficult and often featured in many interview prep books.
    The next round is either a phone screen with a recruiter or a rejection letter.
    I believe the next round consists of a on-site interview, which is the last.

Interview Questions

• Name two functional languages.   1 Answer

19 Jun 2015 – Director, Talent Acquistion

I am glad to see that you had a positive experience, even though we didn't get to the offer stage. Please keep looking at our career pages for future openings.

Entry Level Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Bullhorn in March 2015.

Interview

They first make request that you take a personality and an aptitude test. They next set you up for a conversation with a recruiter who passes you off to a development manager. They were very nice and helpful and encouraging. Regardless of your level they are optimistic at having a future with their company.

Interview Questions

Bullhorn Response

6 Apr 2015 – Director, Talent Acquistion

Thanks for coming in to see us. I am glad to hear that you were treated well. Please keep looking at our site for future opportunities.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.