Bullhorn Reviews

Updated 12 Apr 2020

4.0
Bullhorn Founder & CEO Art Papas
Art Papas
Pros
  • "Extra Perks: If you work in one of their offices, free lunch on Wednesdays, free breakfast on Fridays, and monthly local outings(in 21 reviews)

• "Great culture, people and benefits(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Bullhorn has been acquiring companies like crazy, so if you're afraid of change and working in a fast-paced environment, it's not the company for you(in 21 reviews)

• "Some growing pains when it comes to inter-departmental work(in 19 reviews)

"Technical Support Analyst"

2.0
    Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

+The work itself is interesting enough +Pay

Cons

-The micromanagement system is really bad, there is no personal time off the phones in case you need to use the toilet, when you are on the phone they want you to be on the phone and don't go anywhere. -they operate on a customer satisfaction basis "on a mission to create incredible customer service" and yet their account managers take ages to respond to clients -bonus is not achievable -OPS team mess up the schedule all the time -management keeps talking but not delivering -Free lunches and drinks are a thing in the contract but not in reality. Haven't had a free lunch once. -Higher management tends to promise stuff and then they send an email saying "we have to take that one back". -You will have to stay on the phones until the end of your shift, if you receive a call you have to finish it, but you will be advised that no overtime will be paid.

Bullhorn2018-09-12

September 14, 2018VP of Support & General Manager

It’s good to hear a voice from our new Dublin office. You have a lot of feedback here; at Bullhorn we encourage dialogue with leadership and I’d like to invite you to have a meeting with me so we can work together on solutions to the cons you share - please reach out to me directly. I do need to correct your claim that we do not care about clients; as a Support organization, delivering an incredible customer experience is our number one priority.

2. "Good place"

Current Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good leadership and they do what they say.

Cons

Could not really ask for any serious changes.

Bullhorn2020-04-13
  3. "Awesome Company!"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Unlimited PTO, paid outings, free lunch on Wednesdays and breakfasts on Fridays, generous bonuses, clear and concise quantitative goals

Cons

Company is rapidly growing - policies, procedures, and upper-management attitude have begun to reflect some of the callousness that comes with being a corporate entity. Some issues with transparency. Plenty of diversity in support, but almost none in R&D.

Bullhorn2020-04-09

"A Saving Grace"

Current Employee - Senior Technical Support Analyst

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Ability to work from home Freedom to watch your shows or listen to music once you know what you are doing and have a good handle on it The culture/environment The people you get to work with Equipment provided to you with no impact on your pay Management will take care of any problems that you have $Bonuses and gifts every quarter$ Raises every few months Plenty of opportunities for growth in this career with this company Makes you feel like you are needed/wanted Unlimited PTO Paid time for when you need it most Great health insurance Laidback position Great benefits Job security My dream job that I wouldn't trade for the world

Cons

Can be stressful and overwhelming Workload can be tedious at times Not a job built for everyone Have to be willing to learn on your own and work as a team

Bullhorn2020-03-13

March 16, 2020Senior Vice President, Global Support and Training

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Your list of pros is fantastic and your expressed job satisfaction is amazing ("my dream job that I wouldn't trade for the world" - Wow!). Part of creating an incredible culture is embracing opportunities and taking action to improve. As such, please reach out to me to discuss your observations regarding training. While we have made some significant changes to our training and nesting process over the past 9 months, we are open to additional enhancements if it will benefit our staff.

"Growth and chaos"

I have been working at Bullhorn

Pros

The professional growth opportunities are real. Lots going on and huge growth lead to lots of exposure. Market leader with fanatical customers. Young (though somewhat cliquey) culture with decent perks. Highly engaged (bordering on micromanaging) leadership team. Smart people.

Cons

Product is one of the ugliest pieces of software I’ve ever seen. The interface and usability are circa 2003. Lots of immaturity at all levels of management. Few people can be trusted. Management is too busy covering their own butts or playing favorites to develop their teams. Some teams are awesome to work on. Others? Stay away. The experience is incredibly inconsistent. “Fast pace” shouldn’t be an excuse for chaos.

Bullhorn2020-03-21
  6. "The best company to work for!"

Technical Support Analyst

I have been working at Bullhorn

Pros

Bullhorn realizes you are human. Employees are not treated poorly and I can honestly say this is the first company that everyone seems happy! There is no, ‘ughh I hate my job’! Positivity and motivation at every turn!

Cons

I can’t say that there are any at this point.

Bullhorn2020-02-27
  7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer

I have been working at Bullhorn full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

- Great culture, people and benefits - Lots of opportunities for career development - Great work/life balance

Cons

Bullhorn has a convoluted performance review score card with lots of categories and goal and weights, most of which are subjectively scored by managers and some of which are based on things you have no control over and others based on specific quarterly goals/projects that are not tied to your day-to-day sprint work. In my experience this process is well-intentioned and reasonable, but also mostly useless. Nobody wants to get quarterly scores on innate personality traits.

Bullhorn2020-02-20

February 24, 2020Chief People Officer

Thanks for your feedback. We are happy that you see the many pros of working at Bullhorn. We appreciate your feedback about the performance management process and scorecards. While the scorecards are a great tool when they are used properly, it sounds like you have some challenges with these tools. I would recommend that you connect with your direct manager and pass along your feedback to him/her. And...you'll be happy to know that we will are currently working on enhancing our overall approach to simplify these tools and processes. If you have any ideas on how to make the process and tools more effective - please email me at: kristin.leary@bullhorn.com or give me a call. Please keep sharing your feedback with your direct manager and me on how we can make things even better!

"Beware"

1.0
    Former Employee - Software Development Manager

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

I would not recommend. Find someplace else to work.

Cons

It's a good old boys club

Bullhorn2020-03-23

"Ever ate something you thought was going to be delicious and it was just "meh"?"

I worked at Bullhorn full-time

Pros

Plenty of hours to be worked

Cons

Lack of support for those plenty of hours

Bullhorn2020-02-21

"Strong solution but question some of the strategy"

I worked at Bullhorn full-time for more than a year

Pros

Solution has ingredients to be best in class with strong focus on R&D Leadership does not rest on their laurels Open Marketplace allows for future proofing of platform. Customers can customize based on the choices they see fit

Cons

Sales methodology is extremely rigid. Company wants to hire people into their first sales role to mold them to sell how they see fit. Sales Trainers have very little background in actually selling so follow a paint by number approach. With such a rigid sales approach there is an extreme lack of individualism. You either walk the walk and talk the talk or get boxed out. Wages are lower than competition.

Bullhorn2020-02-18

February 19, 2020VP SMB

Thank you for your feedback and I assure you that we take this very seriously. I hear your concerns and would like to provide some context that I hope you'll find helpful. In hiring for our junior sales positions, we typically focus on a talent pool that is extremely bright and simultaneously inexperienced in SaaS sales. We then invest in training these employees and are very prescriptive in the early stages of their careers in order to instill best practices. You're totally right in stating that each sales cycle is unique and that individuality is important in building relationships and navigating opportunities. Our training program is designed to build a strong foundation to enable employees to rise up and progress in their careers, all while nurturing their individual strengths. Our training program, married with a high frequency of "at-bats," builds a level of comfort in each stage of a sales cycle that is important in the early stages of a sales career. While our standards are indeed very high, the majority of people in our Inside Sales program are promoted into more senior roles within 24 months. We would love to hear more from you about your experience as an employee and hope that you'll contact us directly to share ways that we can continue to grow our program. We are committed to ongoing optimization of our development processes as a strategic path to supplying expert talent to the business. With my thanks, Peter Markland

Found 319 reviews