B&M Retail Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

B&M Retail Interview Questions

Interviews at B&M Retail

1.9

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Was super informal, had it with the customer service manager. The first question I was asked was about what shift work. Was very calm and felt very relaxed - good environment overall.

Shop Assistant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed my cv in. Had a phone call a few days later from the manager inviting me in for an interview. Asked me a few questions and got told I had the job and I would be contacted to start induction within the week. I would print out the application form from their website and fill it in before your interview to be prepared and save time there.

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail.

Interview

Handed CV into store.
    Called me a few weeks later asking if I could come to an interview.
    Interviewed with manager and assitant manager.
    Very friendly and relaxed. No tough questions, just asked about CV and about your personality. Called me the same day as the interview to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you succesfully worked in a team.   Answer Question

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Newcastle upon Tyne, England (UK)) in May 2019.

Interview

Got a phone call asking questions about salary, was told to expect a call from area manager . Did not receive any call back , I received an email to say the role had been filled. Then received another email saying email was an error! Then another email saying role was filled?

Customer Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail in April 2019.

Interview

Nothing special. The woman interviewing me asked me some hypothetical questions as well as if I have any experience in customer service. Then some technical questions such as my availability and any holidays booked.

Security Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warrington, North West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Warrington, North West England, England (UK)) in April 2019.

Interview

Applied online, got an email asking for availability, gave email outlining availability. Came in for interview. My interview was 2 hours long but this was definitely not typical, interviews are around 30 mins in length

Interview Questions

• They were interested in my policy making ability   1 Answer
    • Asked how I handled officers eg rotas, sickness, holidays   1 Answer

Customer Service Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in March 2019.

Interview

I received a call after one week from the store manager after submitting my cv in store. The process took about 2 weeks and I went for the interview. There was first a group interview and I was brought one to one in a separate room. Interview was informal in a groups of 4 to 5 people, the manager popped out a 30 questions quiz, each person have to choose one question and give an answer. One to one interview was very informal too, manager asking about the availability and work hours etc.

Shop Floor Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Birmingham, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

firstly a paper application was submitted in person, which gave me face to face interview within 2 weeks. Attended the interview and was given an offer on the same day.

Interview Questions

• Distant taken to get to the workplace   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Keighley, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Keighley, England (UK)) in February 2019.

Interview

I applied for a new store due to open soon, was invited down for an interview at a local job centre. There were about 9 candidates and we all gathered around a table in which all 3 managers introduced themselves and we then were asked what we know about B&M. Next we watched a presentation briefly explaining about B&M. We were then asked to introduce ourselves and whether we have pets. Next stage was to do a group activity in which we were split into group of 3. Our activity was how would we respond to a customer complaint and we had to present this in front of everyone to which I feel I did really badly. After the presentation we were given application form to fill out and then last stage was one to one interview which lasted 5 minutes as the manager did not seem professional and was rather looking tired and showed no respect as whilst I was in middle of answering my first question, he stopped listening and turned around to bid farewell to someone. Didn’t ask many questions either.

Retail Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nottingham, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at B&M Retail (Nottingham, England (UK)) in January 2019.

Interview

Firstly did an application online then received a call with an interview invite.Went to the interview in store, was a short and unprofessional experience.They were not articulate and didn’t provide a good service , I do not recommend.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.