Anglian Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Anglian Water Interview Questions

Updated 6 Jun 2018

Internal Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

Had arranged a Skype interview in Feb, 2 days before the interview they had informed me they preferred for it to be face to face. This was then postponed to the last week in March. I had flown back from China specifically for this interview and they did not get back to me for 3 weeks. When the finally did, a date was set. One day before the face to face interview they decided to cancel it with no reason or apology as to why. Terrible HR and unfortunately have nothing positive to say about the company

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

19 Apr 2016 – Resourcing Manager

Hello, we are sorry that you feel you have had a poor experience with us. We are keen to investigate this further as we are committed to ensuring a good experience for all of our candidates.

Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ipswich, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Ipswich, England (UK)) in August 2016.

Interview

Telephoned by HR for interview. Had to chase up confirmation and address as did not receive email. Interview was by a panel of 3 people. Arrived early and gate was locked, Phoned number on gate and it went straight to answer machine. Luckily someone in yard saw me and let me in. Interviewer came and got me from my car 15 mins prior to interview which I found awkward. I was told straight away that Manager was on annual leave and would not be part of panel. I therefore presumed that the job was already taken and used the opportunity to treat as a mock interview. Straightforward questions Interview lasted just over an hour. Declined to give them my passport and told them I had not brought it with me as seemed pointless for them to have my details in a file. Told someone would be in touch after weekend. Received rejection email a week later. Asked for feedback and email not acknowledged. Emailed again and received a response straight away. Would only give feedback by phone not email.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important part of "your" job ?   1 Answer

Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

Interview based with two occasions to meet, first with line manager and then with a panel of individuals. Required to have a telephone conversation with a key stakeholder based on role.

Interview Questions

• How did I feel about managing a poor performing department?   2 Answers

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed at Reception by the hiring manager who was really friendly and made me feel welcome as soon as I got there. I was then taken to an interview room where I started by completing a prioritisation task. I was then taken to another room where I was sat with 2 members of staff who offered me a refreshment drink. I was then asked a series of questions which were competency based and we went through my CV. I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed as they were really friendly and welcoming. Once my interview had finished, I was walked back out to Reception and was told when I could expect to hear back from them. I felt very good after having the interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you have given excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Human Resources Business Partner Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water.

Interview

The interview was challenging and I enjoyed the whole experience however I was unsuccessful and was invited to ask for feedback. I have asked for feedback on numerous occasions over the last four weeks and no response - given up asking now.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

27 Nov 2015 – Resourcing Manager

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback and sorry you have been left feeling unhappy following your interview with us. We'd like to have a chat with you regarding your experience and provide you with... More

Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. The telephone interview was very generic and just scratched the surface of the CV. The assessment centre consisted of a panel of around 20 assessors. It was a mixture of interns, employees that just started and a few long term employees, including the hiring manager. The first round was "speed dating" where we had to answer random questions not related to the job, followed by a presentation, interview session and group exercise. Each task was carried out with another group of around three people, not necessarily including the hiring manager. Nevertheless three days later it was announced that an offer had been made and been accepted on the same day. Unfortunately I can't figure out how a panel of around 20 people assess candidates until 5pm, agree on their qualification and make an offer on the same day. Not to mention that you might have to address the areas of remuneration, notice time etc. The assessment center was carried out away from the office location which means that whoever accepted the offer didn't even have the chance to see his future work environment.

Interview Questions

Anglian Water Response

22 May 2018 – Resourcing Manager

Thanks for taking the time to write your review. We do appreciate your comments and will take them on board for future as we want everyone to receive the best candidate experience.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online with CV and covering letter. I then had a telephone interview and was told the next stage if I progressed would be a one day assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince/persuade someone to change their mind?   Answer Question

Procurement Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon and Peterborough, England (UK)) in September 2016.

Interview

Formal first interview with 2x Managers comprising role overview, presentation by myself on an Anglian Water pre selected subject and finally, competency based questions. This lasted 1 and a half hours. Second interview was more informal in a 'meet the team' format'. This stage lasted an hour. I found everyone to be very friendly and supportive throughout the process and did not feel I was being 'set up to fail' which is very often an interview technique to see how one handles pressure or awkward situations. AWS did not play games, the process was straightforward and consequently, in my opinion, brought out the very best in the candidate.

Interview Questions

• To describe my working style.   1 Answer

Negotiation

This was all managed via the recruitment agency.

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England (UK)).

Interview

Face to face interview; assessment centre with group exercises, presentations and role play; competency tests in English and Maths; personality test. Also had the opportunity to meet some current graduate trainees to hear about their experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you cope working under pressure   1 Answer

Supply Chain Professional Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England (UK)) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online four months prior to being contacted.
    The request to interview was short, so they called on the Monday and invited to interview on the Wednesday.
    Upon arrival I was told I would be giving a presentation without prior warning.
    I was given a case study and 45 mins to prepare my presentation, using a flip chart.
    After the presentation I was asked a series of questions about it.
    This was followed by a series of Competency questions.
    I was offered the job on the spot!

Interview Questions

• How would you know what procurement route to take for a requirement?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I found the whole thing OK just felt a bit put out by the unplanned presentation to be honest but got through it.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.