Anglian Water Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Anglian Water Interview Questions

Updated 14 May 2018

Mechanical Engineering Apprentice Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (London, England (UK)).

Interview

After the application has been accepted, the process begins by completing a maths and a mechanical test, once passed I was invited to an interview, and a tour of the workshop. I was then invited to attend the assessment centre, with around 9 other candidates. The assessment centre was well organised and fairing relaxed, the day consisted of 2 group activities, 1 test and 1 individual task. After the assessment I heard back the following day.

Management Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Lincoln, England (UK)) in April 2018.

Interview

The interview process consisted of a telephone interview followed by an assessment centre. The telephone interview was very generic and just scratched the surface of the CV. The assessment centre consisted of a panel of around 20 assessors. It was a mixture of interns, employees that just started and a few long term employees, including the hiring manager. The first round was "speed dating" where we had to answer random questions not related to the job, followed by a presentation, interview session and group exercise. Each task was carried out with another group of around three people, not necessarily including the hiring manager. Nevertheless three days later it was announced that an offer had been made and been accepted on the same day. Unfortunately I can't figure out how a panel of around 20 people assess candidates until 5pm, agree on their qualification and make an offer on the same day. Not to mention that you might have to address the areas of remuneration, notice time etc. The assessment center was carried out away from the office location which means that whoever accepted the offer didn't even have the chance to see his future work environment.

Graduate Management Programmer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online and was informed by email that I had the opportunity for a phone interview. The interview I was told could last up to 40 minutes but only lasted 20.

Graduate Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water in March 2018.

Interview

Applied online with CV and covering letter. I then had a telephone interview and was told the next stage if I progressed would be a one day assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to convince/persuade someone to change their mind?   Answer Question

ISC Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England (UK)) in February 2018.

Interview

the interview was Three fold,
    Telephone interview was done twice then there was a face 2 face interview which was with the hiring manager.
    its very formal and competency based and a specific skill set.

Interview Questions

• Generic experience based and personality based and also motivations   1 Answer

Graduate Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England (UK)).

Interview

Face to face interview; assessment centre with group exercises, presentations and role play; competency tests in English and Maths; personality test. Also had the opportunity to meet some current graduate trainees to hear about their experiences.

Interview Questions

• Tell us how you cope working under pressure   1 Answer

Graduate/Trainee Modeler Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Peterborough, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Peterborough, England (UK)) in July 2017.

Interview

It was relatively simple, I applied using my cv and cover letter, to be fair they responded quickly and I was invited to an interview in Peterborough. The interview was fairly simple, they gave me 10 minutes to talk about myself and then provided a diagram of an office with its community and I was asked where to build a car park. How it would affect the community. Was it worth building? After the interview I never heard from them.

Risk Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in June 2017.

Interview

Assessment centre style interview. Present a 10 min presentation on the issues facing the water industry. A teamwork exercise, which took place in front of a panel of approx. 10. An interview involving 2 members of Anglian water

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Employee in Huntingdon, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Anglian Water (Huntingdon, England (UK)) in May 2017.

Interview

I was welcomed at Reception by the hiring manager who was really friendly and made me feel welcome as soon as I got there. I was then taken to an interview room where I started by completing a prioritisation task. I was then taken to another room where I was sat with 2 members of staff who offered me a refreshment drink. I was then asked a series of questions which were competency based and we went through my CV. I felt extremely comfortable and relaxed as they were really friendly and welcoming. Once my interview had finished, I was walked back out to Reception and was told when I could expect to hear back from them. I felt very good after having the interview with them.

Interview Questions

• Can you give me an example of when you have given excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Day Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Anglian Water in April 2017.

Interview

20 minute interview, Neither interviewer looked at me once. Both had heads down writing the answers in allocated boxes. I was asked why I wanted the job, when i related it to my current role, i was given a dirty look and asked "why are you even leaving then?" I felt very uncomfortable throughout the interview. Looks between both people who were interviewing and was made to feel very small and intimidated. I was then walked into a busy office, sat within a team (with no introduction) and left alone for 45mins to compete an excel test and let myself out when i was finished. The whole process was very unprofessional and a very awful, malicious atmosphere. I withdrew my application immediately after the interview, I would not want to work within such an environment.
    I will not be applying with this company again, nor would i ever recommend anyone else to attend an interview! Awful, clicky, group of people!
    Emailed to recruitment dept to gain HR details to provide the company with my feedback on the process.. 3 days later, still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• What are the 10 targets and 12 missions statements of AW - list them all   1 Answer

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.