ALDI Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

Interviews at ALDI

2,325 Interview Reviews

2.7

Store Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

Interview was held in the Aldi employee break room. There was a regional manager and two others with the manager. They asked me simple questions and told me about the job. Very easy.

Warehouse Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI (Oak Creek, WI (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Brief 15 minute 1-on-1 interview with Warehouse Manager. Questions were more personally oriented rather than Aldi-specific. Incredibly personable interviewer who eased any concern and answered all my questions. He was very transparent about the number of competing applicants for my position and they said they'd get back to me within a week regarding my status.

Interview Questions

• When was one time you did something extra on the job without being directed?   Answer Question

Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at ALDI in June 2020.

Interview

Phone interview, assessments, Zoom interview with the manager. Aldi focused heavily on the assessments. You won't move on to the last interview if the assessments aren't perfect even if the actual job doesn't require expert skills.

District Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Creek, WI (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI (Oak Creek, WI (US)) in June 2020.

Interview

Very very surface level interview process. In fact, it was the worst interview process I have ever been part of or heard of. First "interview" was a phone screen talking about my resume, and that was it. Apparently I described my resume in a way that made them want to bring me in for the "final" interview. What ALDI doesn't do is describe the interview process. My final interview was actually a group interview. We all just sat in a room until someone from the Divisional leadership team came and grabbed you to "interview" you. Again, all questions were surface level and honestly seemed like a high school job interview. Each person I interviewed with just read off my resume, and then asked if I had questions. It was truly a disappointing process. Hiring for such a high level position, but putting such minimal effort around actually getting people through is not a good look for ALDI. I believe they get away with it because they pretty much only hire kids straight out of big name colleges, and those graduates don't know any different.

I encourage ALDI to look at how they hire. You want diversity? Quit looking at the University, and GPA, and start looking at real life experience. Just because someone got a business degree from a huge university does not by any means mean they are going to be a good leader. Going through the interview process, and seeing all the leaders, it showed me that diversity is not something ALDI wants, or is trying to do. Every single leader I interviewed with had almost identical stories on how they got to ALDI, and frankly it was a huge disappointment hearing how shallow and non-developmental those stories were. ALDI has huge potential, but if they continue to put leaders that come from the same place with the same background, and have the same surface level mindset, they will never progress with where the world is going.

Interview Questions

• What is your strength?
      What is your weakness?

All questions were very closed, non-thought provoking, and super surface level. Very disappointed in the questions being asked.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The process was very long and seemed drawn out. Started with an on campus interview (1 on 1), then moved onto a full day of interviews (5 interviews) and a warehouse tour at the corporate office, followed by a full day of shadowing a District Manager at an actual store and a final interview. Overall the process took over a month and the interview questions were redundant throughout each interview. Process could've been simplified and completed in a much shorter timespan.

Interview Questions

• Q. What could you bring to the District Manager position?   Answer Question

Corporate Buying Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The whole interview process was too long. I was supposed to do a group interview, but that got postponed. They instead did a phone interview with the recruiter which was fine. I think this was easier because it was just with the recruiter. She was nice and it was great talking to her. I got invited to the second round of interview which was a skype interview with the same recruiter and two managers. This was 45 minutes- one hour, and honestly, I did not like it. They kept on asking me behavioral questions and I did my best to respond. They told me that there was going to be a third interview if I was chosen to move on. I got rejected by them as they said they found someone who has more qualifications. I understand that I didn't get it which is fine, but how can someone else be more qualified? Isn't the point of an internship to get experience and learn in the real world. I do not know why this whole interview process is extensive. Three interviews just for an internship? The third interview was going to be with a director and the manager. I just felt that they kept on asking questions that were not fair. I personally think Aldi's recruitment process is too much because you have to go through multiple rounds. They do not even give you feedback on how you did in your interview. I tried sending the managers and recruiters a thank you email, but they did not respond. I just feel like this whole process could have been better.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I received a call from one of the district managers in Texas Aldi a few days ago and scheduled an interview. So I showed up to my interview early on time and discovered the district manager didn't even bother to show up and the store manager didn't even know I was coming. This district manager in question had several days to inform me he couldn't make it to the interview and didn't bother to say anything. I talked to the store employees for a few seconds and I they told me this district manager did the same thing to a few other applicants he blatantly wasted their time scheduled them for interviews and didn't even bother to show up. I basically wasted gas driving down there and getting into a suit and he blatantly wasted my time and doesn't care.

Corporate HQ needs to crack down on these district managers blatantly wasting applicants time during the Corona crisis. Before the crisis occurred it would have taken them normally 2-4 weeks and you still would have had a low chance even with a competitive application. Now with 22 million unemployed people there is no need for these district managers to be such jerks to applicants despite the positive PR spin the company tries to paint during the crisis. As a result of my experience with this district manager I'm blacklisting this company for life and never shopping in any Aldi's or Trader Joes ever again.

Warehouse Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

The interview process was very concise and efficient. Communication was thorough and quick. A comfortable yet professional environment was maintained throughout. The interviewer respected my time and made me feel as if I would become a valued team member.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at ALDI.

Interview

I had a group interview and walked around the store. After I got called back they sent me to get a drug test and also did a background check. For some reason it took them almost 2 weeks to get back to me. Once they did get back to me, I declined the orientation due to the corona virus.

Interview Questions

• Name a specific time you helped a customer, what are your previous jobs, what do you expect to be a challenge here, etc.   Answer Question

District Manager Interview

Interview

Campus interview. Dinner the night before to do a relaxed Q&A then in person 30 minute interview next morning. Did not get a second around onsite interview, but I was told that out of the 4 who went, only one received an offer.

Interview Questions

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.