What people are saying about ALDI
Career Advice for Students
Hello, I am a sophomore student who is struggling to find the right path for my future career. I have an intern offer at EY for auditing ( which i don’t know if I will enjoy) for the winter and possible summer internship at Aldi as a district manager intern. I am starting to feel the pressure of needing to pick one or the other right after the two internships and was wondering what you guys think might be a better choice? And the possible pros and cons ?
Im looking to get in touch with Category managers Non_Food, or Buyers non Food. Retailers across the globe are welcome. Biggest Overstock and EOL player of Europe here, Holding over 30k Pallets. Letsgo! Walmart ALDI Costco Wholesale Whole foods market, inc.Meijer Albertsons Companies, Inc.
Got a burning question about ALDI? Just ask!
On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with ALDI employees and get real answers from people on the inside.
What are your colleagues talking about?
Top Review Highlights by Sentiment
Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor
- "You have good pay which is decent and also get to interact and learn how ti use some equipment" (in 2191 reviews)
- "Benefits are great and you’re going to need them because your body will be wrecked." (in 924 reviews)
- "The people I worked with were really great and made the environment much better to work in." (in 294 reviews)
- "Salary was good and always an option to work overtime" (in 277 reviews)
- "Friendly Staff and very helpful at the begining" (in 159 reviews)
- "treated quite poorly by Managers and made to work long hours sometimes up to 12 hours" (in 609 reviews)
- "No work life balance Very physical No permanent day off Need to be available 7 day as week" (in 576 reviews)
- "the management is poor and rude" (in 493 reviews)
- "District managers have extremely high turnover so you wind up having multiple district managers all the time." (in 305 reviews)
- "Most district managers are fresh out of college and barely make it through their store runs and expected to lead tenured managers." (in 168 reviews)
Found 6,636 of over 13K reviews
Updated 29 Sept 2023
- Most Recent
- Highest Rating
- Lowest Rating
- 5.0FEATURED REVIEW4 Jul 2023Store AssistantCurrent EmployeeGalway
Very well looked after. Very flexible around time off. Easy to get used to the work and hours.
Monthly pay can be hard to save money.
- 5.017 Sept 2023Retail Sales AssistantCurrent Employee, more than 1 yearDublin, Dublin
Best pay for retail Good management
Hours aren't great Only 6-2 or 2-10 available Not too bad if it suits schedule
ALDI Reviews FAQs
ALDI has an overall rating of 3.6 out of 5, based on over 13,161 reviews left anonymously by employees. 75% of employees would recommend working at ALDI to a friend and 67% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has been stable over the past 12 months.
75% of ALDI employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated ALDI 2.9 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.3 for culture and values and 3.4 for career opportunities.