Workplace Options Reviews

Updated 5 Aug 2020

3.4
Workplace Options CEO Alan S. King
Alan S. King
Pros
  • "Honestly, the free coffee everyone talks about in the pros section is pretty bad coffee(in 12 reviews)

• "Fun work environment not produced by management(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "I loved everything I experienced as a WPO employee(in 12 reviews)

• "As a work-life consultant you will be working in a call center answering phones for 8 hours a day with each part of your day being tracked(in 10 reviews)

"Great Team & Great experience"

Current Employee - Counselor

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

The company is one of the most progressive companies that I have worked for. The ability to work with people across the world with different backgrounds and presentations is unique. My listening skills have certainly developed and this is something that all my clients can benefit from . I have travelled and worked in other offices. I have also received further external training's which my employer funded . Overall , for me Counselling can be a isolating job where it is only you your clients and your supervisor . However, here there is a full team of supportive colleagues to engage with professionally and socially across the globe.

Cons

Only con I have is the amount of different software platforms that just takes a little time to adjust when not very tech savvy

"Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Specialist

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

Multicultural, diverse workforce. Working with colleagues in many different countries gives a great opportunity for growth and development. Employee exchange programme gives a great opportunity for employees at all levels in the company to travel and experience living in working in another country. Management are supportive and approachable and willing to take suggestions and new ideas from the team on board.

Cons

None that I can think of

"Good place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great opportunity to develop and learn, the company is continuously expanding, diverse workplace and lovely colleagues

Cons

I don't really have any

"Good place to work, but genuine deficiencies not addressed."

Former Employee - Office
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

The work itself can be varied and interesting. Free fruit and exercise equipment. Colleagues are very friendly. Always opportunities to converse with colleagues in conversation as long as productivity doesn't suffer. Generous recreation fund for staff. Feedback is always fair, reasoned and balanced. The pay is fairly good.

Cons

Human Resources is either absent or dysfunctional, it should not be normal for Employees to have to chase HR for basic administration functions, which are seamless in most companies . Many Departments have a leadership problem which ranges from chronic to absurd. There are many processes and procedures which are archaic and inefficient yet they are never reviewed, as a result the needs of the service user are neglected in favor of rigorous adherence to petty tasks. On the other hand many important tasks are completely lacking in procedure. Services which are offered to Clients are not clearly defined possibly intentionally. No cognisance of what's available to Clients outside of the United States. No CRM system so the customer relations is stuck in the 1990s. Use of a Database that fails to adhere to basic Database logic. Employees have to complete a lot of ancillary admin work to declare productivity which is ironic as this is a drag on productivity. Every aspect of work is measured by resource planning, even that which can't be quantified. Lack of coordination between Departments. Senior management who invite new ideas but dismiss them because they do not want to look outsmarted.

5. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Clinical EAP Counselor in Ottawa, ON

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for less than a year

Pros

-supportive work colleagues -work with a broad range of clients - manageable level of stress -opportunity for growth

Cons

-salary could be higher for masters level graduate -better sick leave

6. "loved WPO"

Former Employee - NAS

I worked at Workplace Options part-time for more than a year

Pros

Really great people to work with. A fast paced environment that pushes you to grow professionally and throughout the company/

Cons

A lot of computer based work

7. "I love working here! Really couldn't ask for a better company."

Current Employee - Elder Care Consultant in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great work-life balance, kind coworkers, flexibility, understanding upper management, opportunities for overtime, travel opportunities

Cons

Only telework and computer work, no in-person interactions with customers; Computer programs sometimes have problems; Methods used to measure productivity are flawed

8. COVID-19

"Proud to work at WPO"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun work environment, accepting/inclusive environment, leadership, internal wellness program

Cons

Work hard/play culture hard is intense at times

Continue reading
  9. "I started this job in January of this year and so far it has been great. I have an amazing team! I feel very valued ."

Current Employee - Elder Care Consultant

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

Great team. Small work environment. Know what expected of me. Constantly learning new things about the company and new skills

Cons

More training needed for certain areas

10. COVID-19

"Fast Paced Environment - Good corporate culture"

4.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You will never be bored at WPO! The business is growing and how we do business changes rapidly. For those of us that like that environment, this is perfect. Executive management enables you to be independent and shine within your role. Speak up, take initiative it pays off! Flexible work hours help as well in these crazy days of Covid19. Internal support for stress and mental health is readily available and encouraged. Executive team does genuinely care about the people.

Cons

Staffing is always lean. So workloads are an ongoing issue for all departments. Some systems are grossly outdated and need an upgrade. Pair that with some very cumbersome internal processes to overcome the poor system integration and it can be frustrating.

Found 183 reviews