Workplace Options Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 21 Jan 2020

2.8
Workplace Options CEO C. Dean Debnam
C. Dean Debnam
Pros
  • "Honestly, the free coffee everyone talks about in the pros section is pretty bad coffee(in 12 reviews)

• "Free Fruit, Gym, Decent Package(in 8 reviews)

Cons
  • "I loved everything I experienced as a WPO employee(in 12 reviews)

• "As a work-life consultant you will be working in a call center answering phones for 8 hours a day with each part of your day being tracked(in 10 reviews)

"Good place to work, but genuine deficiencies not addressed."

Former Employee - Office

I worked at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

The work itself can be varied and interesting. Free fruit and exercise equipment. Colleagues are very friendly. Always opportunities to converse with colleagues in conversation as long as productivity doesn't suffer. Generous recreation fund for staff. Feedback is always fair, reasoned and balanced. The pay is fairly good.

Cons

Human Resources is either absent or dysfunctional, it should not be normal for Employees to have to chase HR for basic administration functions, which are seamless in most companies . Many Departments have a leadership problem which ranges from chronic to absurd. There are many processes and procedures which are archaic and inefficient yet they are never reviewed, as a result the needs of the service user are neglected in favor of rigorous adherence to petty tasks. On the other hand many important tasks are completely lacking in procedure. Services which are offered to Clients are not clearly defined possibly intentionally. No cognisance of what's available to Clients outside of the United States. No CRM system so the customer relations is stuck in the 1990s. Use of a Database that fails to adhere to basic Database logic. Employees have to complete a lot of ancillary admin work to declare productivity which is ironic as this is a drag on productivity. Every aspect of work is measured by resource planning, even that which can't be quantified. Lack of coordination between Departments. Senior management who invite new ideas but dismiss them because they do not want to look outsmarted.

Advice to Management

You cannot run an international firm like a cornershop. If you want to be an absentee CEO, give those responsible for running the company actual decision making power. Less quantitative measuring of performance, many of the staff are professionals they should be trusted to do their job plus not every valuable contribution in the workplace can be measured numerically. Proactively review the business requirements, staff allocation and practices, this will save the company money going forward and possibly reduce the need for knee jerk redundancies every time the company slips in to the red. Being open to new ideas is more important than your Ego.

Workplace Options2017-12-03
  2. "Decent Place to Work"

Former Employee - Clinical Referral Specialist in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Workplace Options full-time for less than a year

Pros

Tons of autonomy. You are completely on your own. You are paid for daily walks and wellness efforts. Fresh fruit every week in the breakroom.

Cons

Their software is always down. Their metrics are so hard. Couple downed programs with difficult metrics and you have a recipe for disaster. All equipment is grossly outdated. Some of it is literally gross. Good teams but poor support. You must be a go getter and SUPER flexible to make this work.

Advice to Management

Lower your metrics for the first 6 months instead of only 3. Stop being cheap with your equipment and software.

Workplace Options2020-01-21
  3. "Growing company - Lack of Focus and Processes"

Former Employee - Business Solutions Manager

I worked at Workplace Options full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growth minded, dedicated employees, well-being focused

Cons

Lack of training, lack of support, lack of senior management engagement

Workplace Options2019-12-27
  4. "AVOID WPO AT ALL COSTS"

Former Employee - Psychotherapist in Warrington, North West England, England

I worked at Workplace Options part-time for less than a year

Pros

none - apart from adept at pretence & lies about paying you and wouldn't have left any stars had it been possible

Cons

They are in breach of contract, 45 days - payment terms - am at day 60+ and no cash. Can't get through to anyone who seems genuine - only evasive behaviour, 'you are a due for payment on *** definitely, you are due for a call today Suspicions raised single parent of 3 children out £1,000 absolute disgrace AVOID am raising a court summons for breach of contract have been fobbed off,

Advice to Management

STOP! and am forced to spread negative feedback via all the other therapists I know and to inform genuine clients to notify their HR departments that service is corrupt.

Workplace Options2019-12-17

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Account Manager in London, England

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than a year

Pros

Amazing work environment Fabulous perks around well being Work from home facility if needed You have direct contact with CEO of the company for anything The management is very understanding and professional at the same time Yearly conference in USA

Cons

Slow progression as pros of the company does not let people leave the organisation Salary could be higher

Workplace Options2019-10-11
  6. "Loved it!"

Current Employee - Clinical Counselor in San Jose, San Jose

I have been working at Workplace Options full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The company cares a lot about the employees. In my case I was on site in Costa Rica and always felt important. My manager is outstanding and I feel I grew a lot as a professional during the past three years.

Cons

I loved everything I experienced as a WPO employee.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Workplace Options2019-10-03

"Review"

Former Employee - Clinical Counselor

I worked at Workplace Options full-time

Pros

Good health insurance, room for advancement

Cons

Call center environment, hard to feel like a real counselor

Workplace Options2019-09-25

"Great product, strange company"

I worked at Workplace Options full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good product, good location, fruit, office

Cons

Strange management, not loyal, No HR, strange rules, complicated structure

Workplace Options2019-09-04

"Ok place to start, don't make the mistake of staying"

Former Employee - More Than One

I worked at Workplace Options full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very welcoming from day one, the pay is good for a first job out of college. If you need benefits and aren't looking for advancement it's not a bad job. If you try to get your job done and meet expectations you can get all of the independence you earn. You really do meet nice people in the service delivery roles. You can do the job for years and never take it home with you. The "fruit and coffee" people talk about are a sad perk to be that excited about.

Cons

I stayed for longer than I should because I didn't realize how much better it could be somewhere else. Training can be inconsistent so people start work unprepared. There is no direction on skills growth so it is hard to move forward unless you get the attention of someone in another department somehow. Even when a pretty face is put on morale, it's kind of sad there. A word of advice, always work toward leaving this company. The people who are genuinely happy with their long-term careers here are less than 1% of 1% of employees.

Advice to Management

Choose managers for the ability to manage, and not just skill at their jobs. Every position in the company is so well defined, the managers should be finding unrelated projects to encourage employees to grow. Directors should do the same for managers. The complaints about the place don't change because it feels like there's no money to improve anything for anyone. Ever. The death of curiosity is killing that place.

Workplace Options2019-07-30

"Great company culture"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

I worked at Workplace Options full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Growth opportunity, free gym, respect of work life balance, awesome colleagues.

Cons

Underpaid for the amount and type of work.

Advice to Management

Management was always approachable and it was greatly appreciated.

Workplace Options2019-06-26