Western Union Reviews

3.4
Western Union President, CEO and Director Hikmet Ersek
Hikmet Ersek
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management has a disconnect with employees and their is a lot of politics with the organization due to which department work in Silos(in 36 reviews)

• "Makes work life balance difficult at time(in 32 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Corporate Global experience"

Current Employee - Internal Audit Senior in Denver, CO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Multicultural environment at the Global level

Cons

I don’t want to answer this question

Continue reading

March 6, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

We're glad that you love our global and multi-cultural environment, and we thank you for 5+ years of service. We appreciate you taking the time to write a review, and we're glad to have you on our team!

2. ".."

I worked at Western Union full-time

Pros

Great place to work in many ways

Cons

Not enough to complain about

January 16, 2019Company Representative

Thanks for your review!

"Good place to start a career"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Small company (in Ireland) with growth opportunities arising along the years. Had a great working experience in the last five years, I've been able to touch on different aspects of the business.

Cons

Sadly, the management is very political and generally not everything is done the way it should be, but the way it is convenient for the management. Voicing your opinion can lead to bullying. I don't feel like the employees are being valued and the company struggles with retaining talent. This is a risk for the company, as with long-serving employees the company is losing years of knowledge and expertise. Internal communication is not great either. Many decisions are made based on the unknown.

March 30, 2020Sr. Communications Coordinator

Thank you for your 3+ years at Western Union! We're glad to hear that you think we're a great place to start and build a career! We strive to create a work environment where employees develop skills and feel fulfilled with the work they do at the company. However, we're disappointed to hear about your experience with management. We understand that leadership has a critical impact on the organization, so we hold our leaders to the highest standards. As we continue to transform as an organization, we will be sharing your feedback with our leaders to impart effective and positive change. We also encourage you to answer our monthly WU Listens survey, and if there is anything else you would like to share with us confidentially, please feel free to reach out to us through careers@westernunion.com.

4. "Good for starting positions as fin speckalist"

4.0
    Current Employee - Accounts Payable Specialist in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for less than a year

Pros

Easy job, good team, free food

Cons

Wage is pretty low compared to other places

November 12, 2019Company Representative

Thank you for leaving a review. We are glad to see that overall you've had a positive experience while working at WU. We understand that compensation is a concern for you and we would invite you to discuss growth opportunities with your manager, leave feedback in our monthly WU Listens survey, or email us confidentially at careers@westernunion.com.

"WU = A company in turmoil"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good flexibility, benefits, and compensation.

Cons

Constant re-structures and most notably in 2019.. the current WU way project is causing a lot of speculation and anxiety amongst employees.. difficult to focus when roles, reporting lines and business are in a state of flux. Yes change is good and needed in WU but some announcements are questionable. Many tenured employees just want to leave but are holding out for severance. Feels like we are getting ‘lean’ for a takeover??!

Continue reading

September 17, 2019Company Representative

We appreciate your 10+ years of service to Western Union and we’re thrilled that you would recommend the company. However, we are disappointed to hear of your experience as it does not match our values. One of our top priorities is to provide a positive work environment for our employees especially during this transitional time. An environment where everyone has the they need to manage change, both personally and professionally. We are confident that this transformation is going to help drive us ahead in the market and that our employees will be set up for success with the skills and capabilities needed for the future. We welcome you to share additional feedback through our confidential email careers@westernunion.com, or use our WU Listens monthly survey to provide real-time improvement ideas.

6. "Work life balance"

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Brilliant work life balance and lovely environment to work for, people are friendly

Cons

Not much work progression and salary is below par

August 17, 2019Company Representative

We are happy to see that you have listed our work-life balance policy as a pro, but we are disappointed to hear about your experience with career growth opportunities. At WU, we strive to nurture a culture in which all employees receive the utmost support and guidance from their managers so that they are able to grow within their roles. As a current employee, if there is any additional information you would like to share confidentially, please feel free to reach out to careers@westernunion.com.

7. "WU"

Current Employee - Accountant in Milltown, Dublin

I have been working at Western Union full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Flexible times, friendly staff, pension plan

Cons

Low salaries than market, all the managers are not qualified

November 8, 2018Company Representative

Thank you for sharing about your experience as an accountant with WU. We're glad that you appreciated our company culture and benefits, including the pension plan. We understand the impact that management has throughout our organization, and we strive to provide them with what they need to lead their teams.

"Manager"

Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Western Union

Pros

Loads to mention but top 5 are Flexibility, fair Managers, generous benefits package, development opps globally, plenty of opps to showcase skills/experience

Cons

US co so long hours and travel often required. Office is quiet and hard to socialise with other employees.. office location has bad public transport links

9. "excellent opportunities"

Network Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Western Union for more than a year

Pros

Employee concerns and ambitions are listened to and management will endeavor to accommodate.

Cons

Global company, teams disjointed.

10. "It is what you make it"

I worked at Western Union

Pros

Opportunities for career progression if you put yourself forward

Cons

Salary and benefits are not competitive

Found 1152 reviews