Web Summit Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Oct 12, 2019

3.4
Web Summit CEO Paddy Cosgrave
Paddy Cosgrave
Pros
  • "Although I enjoyed my time in that company I really missed all that Web Summit had to offer(in 7 reviews)

• "Benefits were pretty cool (Gym membership, health insurance, etc(in 6 reviews)

Cons
  • "Mundane work and the office is a shed(in 7 reviews)

• "a lot is expected of you, and long hours/working outside of 9-5 can become norm(in 5 reviews)

1. "Rewarding place to work"

I have been working at Web Summit full-time

Pros

amazing colleagues, exciting projects. huge potential for growth and promotion within company. criticism is listened to.

Cons

a lot is expected of you, and long hours/working outside of 9-5 can become norm

Web Summit2019-10-12
  2. "French Partnership Manager (exhibitor team) for 18 month"

Former Employee - Partner Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Web Summit full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great workmates many become your friends. Some Manager are very inspiring you can learn a lot from them(Speaker Director, Customer Success Manager, Exhibitor Manager) Gender equality well respected probably the only tech company in Dublin with a majority of female manager. Be part of the best tech event in the world help you to grow as a professional and it is a massive advantage on your resume. Not much... pressure/micro management compare to other sales team in the Dublin tech industry (no cold call culture ) Start up atmosphere. You get to work with other team often. Travel to event. The Garden is great. Staff parties are unreal. The office Tramway house is uncommon type of occ The Ceo Paddy is great,i personally never had any issue with him 5aside on Wednesday ::Italian hands::

Cons

Commission structure could be much better. Not easy to build your pipeline during your 1st year. Processes and strategy change regularly i guess its part of the Start up atmosphere. Target in the Sales team aren't really realistic according to me. Some people do get let go without notice and it could ruin your mood if you are close to them. Career progression can be difficult but i guess it is the same... everywhere.

Advice to Management

My Overall experience was great, well done for the hiring culture as we all get on easily. I also do understand some of the bad reviews so 1 advice maybe listening more to the employees.

Web Summit2019-08-07

"Great place to progress"

I have been working at Web Summit full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good career progression. If you are willing to put in the work then you are rewarded. The work is always interesting and challenging Very friendly co-workers Travel

Cons

Longer working hours the closer you get to an event.

Web Summit2019-07-23
  4. "Unlike most other businesses"

I have been working at Web Summit full-time

Pros

Huge range of experiences from App development to TV style production, connecting the best startups and scaleups in the world to interacting with world famous speakers, tech entrepreneurs and celebrities.

Cons

Won't suit you if you don't like constructive ambiguity and extremely fast face

Web Summit2019-07-23
  5. "Why I rejoined Web Summit"

I have been working at Web Summit full-time

Pros

I worked for many years at Web Summit when I decided to leave and work for another tech company. Although I enjoyed my time in that company I really missed all that Web Summit had to offer. Web Summit has given me so many amazing career opportunities and helped my career massively to date. The team are incredible and you get to work with talented and interesting people from around the world. If you are passionate... and driven then Web Summit is a great place to work and grow.

Cons

When I began my career in Web Summit, like many growing companies things were not easy and people worked hard to grow it to where it is today. However, I cannot highlight how much has changed since then and am happy to see it grow from strength to strength.

Web Summit2019-07-22
  6. "Good starter environment for new graduates"

I worked at Web Summit full-time

Pros

A fast paced environment with good perks and a great place for graduates to gain experience. A good door to the tech world and exposure to interesting companies and people.

Cons

Pay was low for the amount of real hours put in resulting in a high churn rate. Some negativity from senior management at times which didn't provide a great learning or teaching environment. Training opportunities were oversold and under-delivered.

Web Summit2019-06-11

"poor work enviroment"

Former Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Web Summit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

good place to start, not to progress. young graduates may enjoy for while before going to better work environments. - give lots of responsibility - chance to travel -some nice workmates

Cons

very unprofessional work environment. immature like CEO. overall unhealthy work environment. - threatening + abusive behaviour from senior figure(s) - some constructive dismisal practised -CEO micromanagement -coliving among staff encouraged. -long hours for uncompetitive pay. -poor salary. -marketing wokewashing to promote company not issue. -unrealitic sales targets + overpromising.

Advice to Management

nothing - toe the line until something better comes

Web Summit2019-06-10

"A great place to work, provides big opportunities"

I have been working at Web Summit full-time

Pros

-Many learning opportunities in a face-paced environment - it's never a boring place to work. - A company full of hard workers with a laid-back atmosphere - Working with a very supportive team - Great employee perks - Opportunity to travel

Cons

- The fast-paced environment can also sometimes lead to confusion and miscommunications

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency and honest communications about the company's vision and goals.

Web Summit2019-01-15

"Great team, great experience"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Web Summit full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The team are supportive and work really well together - Company is growing extremely fast so there's a lot of opportunity for growth - Ideas are welcome and encouraged - Lots of support and recognition from management

Cons

- Plans and targets can change quickly in order to react to rate of growth, can lead to some confusion

Advice to Management

Previously would have advised management to be more transparent but things are already being done to improve this and achieve better internal communication.

Web Summit2019-01-11

"Sales Manager"

Current Employee - Parthership Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Web Summit full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The office is in a nice part of the city.

Cons

where do i begin. Everything they tell you , promise you never delivers.

Advice to Management

tell the truth for once.

Web Summit2019-02-07