Udemy Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Udemy Reviews

Updated 23 Jan 2020

4.6
Udemy CEO Gregg Coccari (no image)
Gregg Coccari
Pros
  • "It's a flexible company with great work/life balance(in 21 reviews)

• "Udemy has the best company culture I've seen in almost my 20 year career(in 12 reviews)

Cons
  • "Growing pains leading to no clear cut path to promotion(in 15 reviews)

• "Obviously there are some growing pains when a company is growing at a fast rate(in 10 reviews)

1. "High energy, welcoming, exciting environment, watch this space!"

Current Employee - Confidential in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Udemy full-time

Pros

-Excellent on-boarding in first few weeks -Welcoming, friendly down to earth employees -Exciting and strong product, clear vision on growth -Clear communication, open, mature and results-focused environment. no sign of micro-management, trust placed in employees. -Good culture of maintaining work-life balance -Strong emphasis on learning, self-development and career growth -This is a really exciting time to join Udemy, its clear the company is on the cusp of something big.

Cons

None that I can see currently.

Udemy2020-01-06
  2. "Great mission, middle-of-the-road yech"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Udemy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The mission to deliver education to all that want it is a massive one. Truly great people.

Cons

Engineers on product teams may feel underwhelmed and unchallenged by very conservative tech and processes.

Udemy2019-07-08

"Senior Staff Engineer"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Udemy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Really lovely people to work with, a great product with good benefits. Very supportive of work/life balance and flexible hours. When I had a personal family emergency, I was stunned by the amazing support I received from my colleagues and managers. They put a lot of work into making it a comfortable place to work for everyone and diversity and inclusion and removing/recognising bias is very important to them.

Cons

Nothing out of the ordinary but it's a lot easier to cope with here as generally it's a pretty positive place to work.

Udemy2018-04-16

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Udemy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The Dublin office is full of great people, the work is often challenging and interesting, and it is really nice to be driving a product with a positive social impact.

Cons

The company HQ is in San Francisco and this can mean some flexibility in working hours is required at times. This flexibility goes two ways though, and people often work from home or arrive in late if needed.

Udemy2018-03-02

"Senior SR Engineer"

Former Employee - Senior DevOps Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Udemy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good office. Not much work to do. Nice and friendly colleagues.

Cons

Not much work to do. Very boring with ancient technology.

Udemy2018-03-01

"Love Udemy"

I have been working at Udemy full-time for more than a year

Pros

In this company I have never felt so challenged (in the best possible way) to unlock my full potential. This is a company that really treasures their employees with everything from organising a company wide retreat to career pathing. The people, the mission and vision for Udemy are what make this a great and exciting place to be

Cons

Being a start up - everything is fast paced and sometimes work-life balance can suffer slightly

Udemy2017-02-13

"Great Company, Great People"

I have been working at Udemy full-time for less than a year

Pros

I love that Udemy makes a difference.. a company that helps people to learn. How great is that? The culture in Udemy is infectious, everyone really embodies the values, the mission and are working together to see the company succeed. I am so grateful to be a part of this. I have never been in a company previously where I have felt so included and only have positive things to say about Udemy.

Cons

None spring to mind!

Udemy2016-04-13
  8. "Most honest, transparent, accountable, and NICE Leaders I've ever worked with"

Current Employee - Engineering

I have been working at Udemy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Our CEO and CTO are the 2 most engaging executives you will ever meet. I have all the confidence in them to lead us to success through 2020. Both are very transparent and always talk about the direction of the company at All Hands. They go through the how and the why, not just the what.

Cons

We can afford to be more aggressive and 'louder' with our branding. We are a sleeping giant.

Udemy2020-01-10
  9. "none"

I have been working at Udemy full-time

Pros

good site, easy UI. Keep up the good work

Cons

need more courses on the site

Udemy2020-01-20
  10. "Really abusive culture where bullying is rife"

I worked at Udemy full-time

Pros

The culture is relatively young, and there seems to be a sprightly "start-up" mentality. Give it a month and it all goes downhill from there. They pretend to be better than other workplaces and the reality doesn't live up to it. If you've got the experience it can be interesting ... for as long as you can put up with the micro management, extremely poor mid/senior sales management.

Cons

New management is reluctant to accept criticism. Senior management has NO idea how bad the morale on the ground is. Most of the sales job is complete luck! No strategic long-term view. Very little career progression- there is nowhere to move. The focus was always on hitting your targets and management never cared how you went about it, they will constantly pressure you into everything

Udemy2020-01-23