SmartBear Reviews

Updated 24 Jul 2020

SmartBear CEO Frank Roe
Frank Roe
Pros
  • "Work/Life Balance is on par with industry/sales(in 10 reviews)

• "SmartBear is a great place to have your voice be heard and make an impact(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "Not a great deal of work-life balance(in 8 reviews)

• "Pay for parking *No gym in the office itself *Sales floor can get loud(in 7 reviews)

1. "SDR"

Current Employee - SDR in Galway

I have been working at SmartBear full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great atmosphere, benefits, culture and room for career progression. Great location in the heart of Galway city in a very cool office.

Cons

Really none, from a sales perspective it is a sales driven environment as long as you are comfortable with that there are no issues.

June 4, 2018HR Generalist

Thank you for your review! We’re thrilled to hear that you love the environment and culture in the Galway office as much as we do.

"Sales developement represent ice"

Former Employee - SDR in Galway

I worked at SmartBear full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great company culture. Incentives. Good atmosphere in the office - everyone is always willing to help

Cons

None. Low sick days

September 14, 2017HR Business Partner

Thank you for the review! We do love the new Galway office :)

3. "Excellent Company"

5.0

I have been working at SmartBear

Pros

They are an excellent company to work for who provide great training for employees and there is also a great sense of community in the office. I would highly recommend Smartbear as a place of employment.

Cons

Haven't had any bad experiences.

January 20, 2017HR Business Partner

Great to hear from you, thanks so much!

"SmartBear"

API Account Executive - EMEA in Galway

I have been working at SmartBear for less than a year

Pros

Great company to work for . They make a huge investment into the training of each employee , great team in the office provides for a very productive environment

Cons

not much in the way on cons

"people, culture, everyone pulling in the same direction is what makes SmartBear such a great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Sales Engineer in Galway

I have been working at SmartBear full-time for less than a year

Pros

I was welcomed into the SmartBear family from day one and feel that SmartBear have supported and invested in me and genuinely want to bring out the best of my talents and abilities.. I am delighted to be part of this team and look forward to the long successful journey ahead..

Cons

At the moment the company is on an upwards curve, a great time to join. Our CEO has a very clear vision about where he wants to bring the company and it's great to see.

"Professional & Innovative"

Current Employee - Senior Account Manager in Somerville, MA

I have been working at SmartBear full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great work environment with extremely supportive executive leadership team. It's clear that management "gets it" while having to navigate current global and economic issues. New CEO making smart, and sometimes tough decisions. More internal promotions than ever seen at any other company. Work hard, bring ideas, and you'll get promoted.

Cons

It's not a "coast" job.

July 27, 2020The People Team

We appreciate you for taking the time to write this review! We rely on SmartBear employees like you for feedback. Thank you!

"Avoid - CEO Is A Fragile Clown"

1.0
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Somerville, MA

I worked at SmartBear full-time for more than a year

Pros

free snacks and MBTA accessible

Cons

I really enjoyed SmartBear when I started - there was direction, respect, and an overall great culture. Things immediately changed when Frank Roe started in 2018. If you don't suck up to him and feed his fragile ego, he will make your life harder. All the Managers and Directors are either scared of him or sucking up to him, that they abide by anything he tells them to do. He does not inspire creativity, forward thinking, or motivation - he does NOT lead by example, he leads by fear (like a dictator). He also fired a ton of teams and gave them basically no severance. Employees not only feel they can't take PTO, they are nervous to leave their desk at times. Forget about the work/life balance and anything they try to portray in the scripted company meetings. I really wanted to stay at SmartBear, but it just wasn't worth it. My colleagues were awesome, but if you value your sanity and having a life outside of work, I'd suggest looking elsewhere.

Continue reading
  8. "No growth .Poor , stingy , cheap management"

1.0
    Former Employee - Senior Product Support Consultant in Bangalore
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at SmartBear full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Our company Zapi was aquired by Smartbear and post that I do not see any pros in the organization of SmartBear.

Cons

Worst management. Foul discussions on 1:1. Monarchy, No real encouragement to employees. No hikes , managers are money beggers and when money is not lend to them they start taking revenge and do not Hesistate to fire u for such reasons. Would hire their friends by using foul means and HR are still of no use even when told about it. No growth and no rewards

July 27, 2020The People Team

Thank you for taking the time to provide your thoughts and feedback . We’re sorry to hear about your experience. We consider employee / ex-employee feedback seriously and would love the opportunity to discuss this in further detail with you. Please connect with us at feedback@smartbear.com if you are willing to share more information on this matter. We look forward to your healthy cooperation.

9. "Have never felt freer to propose new ideas or voice concerns & disagreements"

I have been working at SmartBear full-time for less than a year

Pros

Free to propose new ideas without fear of retribution, zero desire to maintain status quo, invitations to present accomplishments to the executive team, company-wide encouragement to take care of ourselves, and each other, through supportive groups or to take time off whenever a break is needed.

Cons

It's not a con, just honesty—there is a LOT of work to do, and given the number of products in our portfolio, there always will be. It's very easy to feel bogged down under an endless backlog. Requires a lot of time management skills and attending to numerous projects always going on at once.

June 5, 2020The People Team

Thank you for taking time to write this review! We hope that you continue to share your ideas and help SmartBear grow!

10. "Great Place to Work!"

Current Employee - Sales in Somerville, MA

I have been working at SmartBear full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great products, people and a winning culture!

Cons

Fast paced environment for those looking for career progression.

Found 146 reviews