Rokt Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.4
Rokt Chief Executive Officer Bruce Buchanan
Bruce Buchanan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "One of the highlights, the Global End of Quarter, which provides a great opportunity to connect with employees from the other offices" (in 6 reviews)

• "I genuinely enjoy coming into work each and every day and being surrounded by such an intelligent group of people" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be tricky" (in 4 reviews)

• "Sometimes work/balance can be tough to maintain and you spend long hours at the office" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Incredible team, awesome technical challenges"

Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Sydney (Australia)
    Current Employee - Chief Technology Officer in Sydney (Australia)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Very talented, smart and passionate team. Huge amount of growth ahead to solve some very complex and interesting technical problems. Solid, well funded and profitable business. Great office and work environment. Catered lunches are delicious with lots of variety. Right next to Central station, very easy commute.

Cons

Some technical debt to pay down, but we're working on it.

11 Mar 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re very glad to hear you are enjoying the work environment at Rokt, and finding your work here challenging and interesting. At Rokt, we are deliberate about making great... More

"Good days and bad days"

I worked at Rokt full-time

Pros

Rokt has a great culture. Loved [most of] the people I worked with there. Their perks are excellent as well. Company trips once a year.

Cons

They need to do a better job of people management. Several managers are just not the right fit nor capable of mentoring people.
    There's a serious issue of favouritism there. If you don't manage to make it to the inner circle early on, you will find yourself becoming a part of the wallpaper very soon. Didn't matter what you had to say or how good you are.

15 Mar 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your honest feedback. Firstly, we are glad to hear that you enjoyed the culture, perks and of course the annual global kick-off! Our company culture and work environment is something we... More

3. "Working for Rokt is like winning the Jackpot!"

Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Business Analyst in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Who wouldn't like to get up in the morning and be excited to go to work? This is how I and many of my co-workers feel at Rokt. The work is challenging (it can even be overwhelming at first) and requires you step out of your comfort zone, but you see an immediate impact of your work in the company, which is very rewarding.

The culture is amazing. The people are really fun to work with and help each-other out to solve the challenges together. There are no egos. The whole company feels like a big supportive family. The management invests a lot in its Rokt'stars.
    The company is moving fast and decisions are made quickly. Financial results and the high growth show that Rokt is on a very positive and promising path.

One of the highlights, the Global End of Quarter, which provides a great opportunity to connect with employees from the other offices. Which company sends all of their 170 employees for almost a week to Thailand? As one of our values states, you gotta enjoy the ride!

Cons

Maintaining a healthy work-life balance can be tricky. But Rokt is very flexible and even allows employees to take longer time off (e.g. for traveling).

12 Feb 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re thrilled to hear you are enjoying the culture and work environment at Rokt. We work hard to create a collaborative team environment with no egos and invest in our... More

"Not a good place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Office location
    Some friendly teammates
    Drinks and snacks

Cons

No work-life balance
    Discrimination
    Very unfriendly environment
    Toxic culture
    Poor salary

13 Mar 2019 – People Operations Manager

We are truly sorry you didn't have a great experience at Rokt. We take this feedback seriously. We are growing, in size and maturity, sometimes this means things are missed, again we apologise that... More

5. "Amazing company with fantastic benefits"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The whole team is incredible to work with. Everyone is super welcoming and very smart. The product suite is strong as well, which is a huge plus for anyone who is product driven.

There is a good work/life balance, hours aren't too long even with occasional meetings later in the day with the Australian team.

At Rokt you'll get great opportunities to push yourself, pick up new skills, access to senior leadership, and lots of travel!

Couldn't recommend it enough!

Cons

Nothing I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Love the increased focus on benefits, little things like lunches go a long way!

22 Jan 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you’re enjoying the benefits and work environment at Rokt, and find the team welcoming and smart. We pride ourselves on having a very strong and... More

6. "Incredible opportunity as a recent graduate"

Current Employee - Operations Executive in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Executive in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Incredible growth opportunity; Rokt has no direct competition and is solving a problem with massive potential. If you're interested in staying outside of your comfort zone and being challenged constantly, this is the place to be.
    - Fun and engaging work environment. I genuinely enjoy coming into work each and every day and being surrounded by such an intelligent group of people.
    - While everyone takes their work seriously, the company truly lives its values, one of which is to 'enjoy the ride.' Spending a week together at EOQ in Australia is just one example of how much the company values its people and its culture.

Cons

- Work/life balance can be tricky to manage. There will always be more to do, so making sure to take time for yourself is crucial

11 Dec 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy the engaging work environment at Rokt, and find your work here challenging and interesting. This is important to us and something we work very... More

"Don't be fooled...you won't be rokin for long.."

I have been working at Rokt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They send you on a free trip to Australia. That is the extent of positive attributes for Rokt. The glam & glitz of Rokt is a complete facade. A complete dog and pony show.

Cons

The product makes people's online shopping experience worse. The entire concept is exactly what brands are trying to steer away from, as it annoys customers by slowing their checkout process.
    This company is very reliant on two clients. Without them, the company would not function.
    Zero room for upward mobility
    Incompetent Management. Let me repeat this. Incompetent management.
    Poor Salary
    Constant firings without warning. Revolving door.
    Office politics are at an all-time high
    Very immature & young co-workers who are living paycheck to paycheck,
    This is a disingenuous group of people from Management all the way to the top. As someone in sales, you are merely a number with a very small window of time to sell in the product. Be very careful when choosing to take a job offer at Rokt.

Advice to Management

Too far gone at this point. They should be working at Jiffy Lube in Idaho.

7 Jan 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback – we’re really sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than amazing experience at Rokt, and to be quite frank were shocked to see that it was written by a current... More

"Too good to be true"

I worked at Rokt full-time

Pros

Great company culture
    Good product .

Cons

Massive turnover
    Lack of stability & consistency in decision making

20 Nov 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your positive outlook on our company culture. At Rokt, we are deliberate about making great investments in time, energy and resources to foster an... More

9. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture
    - Work hard and Play hard
    - Smart people that care
    - A lot of room to grow
    - Global company with a lot of interactions with different markets
    - Product market fit
    - Technology is always getting updated with valuable features
    - Senior management is very transparent
    - Great snacks and beer fridge is always full
    - Huge investment in culture - entire company goes to Sydney
    - Great office space with amazing roof
    - Business Analytics team that helps sales look a lot smarter!
    - We celebrate wins and highlight everyone's contributions
    - Diversity is important throughout the company
    - In terms of sales, a ton of potential to make $$$

Cons

- It's a sink or swim sales culture. If you're not prepared to roll your sleeves up and hustle you're likely not going to last long.

Advice to Management

As we continue to scale, keep investing and improving the onboarding process.

31 Aug 2018 – SVP Finance & People

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy our culture and the benefits package we offer. We’re also pleased to hear your comments with regard to product fit, as our commitment to our... More

"Good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Rokt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice office and good perks

Cons

the air conditioning turned off once

13 Aug 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Rokt. We actively seek to make Rokt’s office locations and benefits positive for all our teams. We welcome and appreciate your... More