Rokt Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

4.4
Rokt Chief Executive Officer Bruce Buchanan
Bruce Buchanan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "End of quarter celebrations/training week" (in 5 reviews)

• "I genuinely enjoy coming into work each and every day and being surrounded by such an intelligent group of people" (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "Work/life balance can be tricky to manage" (in 3 reviews)

• "Sometimes work/balance can be tough to maintain and you spend long hours at the office" (in 3 reviews)

1. "Amazing company with fantastic benefits"

Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The whole team is incredible to work with. Everyone is super welcoming and very smart. The product suite is strong as well, which is a huge plus for anyone who is product driven.

There is a good work/life balance, hours aren't too long even with occasional meetings later in the day with the Australian team.

At Rokt you'll get great opportunities to push yourself, pick up new skills, access to senior leadership, and lots of travel!

Couldn't recommend it enough!

Cons

Nothing I can think of right now.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Love the increased focus on benefits, little things like lunches go a long way!

2. "Incredible opportunity as a recent graduate"

Current Employee - Operations Executive in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Operations Executive in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Incredible growth opportunity; Rokt has no direct competition and is solving a problem with massive potential. If you're interested in staying outside of your comfort zone and being challenged constantly, this is the place to be.
    - Fun and engaging work environment. I genuinely enjoy coming into work each and every day and being surrounded by such an intelligent group of people.
    - While everyone takes their work seriously, the company truly lives its values, one of which is to 'enjoy the ride.' Spending a week together at EOQ in Australia is just one example of how much the company values its people and its culture.

Cons

- Work/life balance can be tricky to manage. There will always be more to do, so making sure to take time for yourself is crucial

11 Dec 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy the engaging work environment at Rokt, and find your work here challenging and interesting. This is important to us and something we work very... More

"Don't be fooled...you won't be rokin for long.."

I have been working at Rokt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They send you on a free trip to Australia. That is the extent of positive attributes for Rokt. The glam & glitz of Rokt is a complete facade. A complete dog and pony show.

Cons

The product makes people's online shopping experience worse. The entire concept is exactly what brands are trying to steer away from, as it annoys customers by slowing their checkout process.
    This company is very reliant on two clients. Without them, the company would not function.
    Zero room for upward mobility
    Incompetent Management. Let me repeat this. Incompetent management.
    Poor Salary
    Constant firings without warning. Revolving door.
    Office politics are at an all-time high
    Very immature & young co-workers who are living paycheck to paycheck,
    This is a disingenuous group of people from Management all the way to the top. As someone in sales, you are merely a number with a very small window of time to sell in the product. Be very careful when choosing to take a job offer at Rokt.

Advice to Management

Too far gone at this point. They should be working at Jiffy Lube in Idaho.

7 Jan 2019 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for your candid feedback – we’re really sorry to hear that you’ve had a less than amazing experience at Rokt, and to be quite frank were shocked to see that it was written by a current... More

"Too good to be true"

I worked at Rokt full-time

Pros

Great company culture
    Good product .

Cons

Massive turnover
    Lack of stability & consistency in decision making

20 Nov 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy to hear your positive outlook on our company culture. At Rokt, we are deliberate about making great investments in time, energy and resources to foster an... More

5. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY (US)
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in New York, NY (US)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great culture
    - Work hard and Play hard
    - Smart people that care
    - A lot of room to grow
    - Global company with a lot of interactions with different markets
    - Product market fit
    - Technology is always getting updated with valuable features
    - Senior management is very transparent
    - Great snacks and beer fridge is always full
    - Huge investment in culture - entire company goes to Sydney
    - Great office space with amazing roof
    - Business Analytics team that helps sales look a lot smarter!
    - We celebrate wins and highlight everyone's contributions
    - Diversity is important throughout the company
    - In terms of sales, a ton of potential to make $$$

Cons

- It's a sink or swim sales culture. If you're not prepared to roll your sleeves up and hustle you're likely not going to last long.

Advice to Management

As we continue to scale, keep investing and improving the onboarding process.

31 Aug 2018 – SVP Finance & People

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy our culture and the benefits package we offer. We’re also pleased to hear your comments with regard to product fit, as our commitment to our... More

6. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Sydney (Australia)

I worked at Rokt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice office and good perks

Cons

the air conditioning turned off once

13 Aug 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re glad to hear you enjoyed your time at Rokt. We actively seek to make Rokt’s office locations and benefits positive for all our teams. We welcome and appreciate your... More

"Abysmal work environment"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY (US)

I worked at Rokt full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Never have I ever in all my working career witnessed such a bunch of cowboys operate in the business world. Wyatt Earp would be turning in his grave now if he saw these Rokt renegades chasing revenue the way they do.

Once you scratch beneath the veneer of "coolness" that Rokt try valiantly to exude (que TV screens in the office with slides of Beyonce which read "So Sassy") you'll soon discover an operational circus. It's every person for themselves here with the CEO driving employees to work long, hard hours with little upside. Favoritism is rife.

There is little cohesion in the sales team, and team members are often thrown under the proverbial bus by their superiors including the CRO who is sadly inept when it comes to the sales function. His predecessor was much better and a far more amiable person. He got canned because he wasn't machiaviallian enough.

Like a previous employee said, there is no evidence of there being an HR department.

The basic value proposition of the Rokt product is solid, but to date the company has invested dimes and nickles in augmenting it's frontend making it a struggle to use for both account managers and the burgeoning group of self serve clients. A campaign function should take 10 minutes to complete on a normal ad platform can take more than hour on Rokt's platforms. It's no wonder the account managers always looked so stressed and never had any time to attend to my requests.

The company's vision to expand and grow cross a multitude of sectors is utopian. The reality is that Rokt provides the enabling technology for ticketing websites to make money from travel companies, and for travel companies to get leads from ticketing sites.

Cons

The Rokt clique. Make sure you get in with the cool kids early on, otherwise you're doomed regardless of how good you at your job

Advice to Management

Stop trying to cover up poor management, low employee morale, and blatant favoritism. Address these issues head on and purge the company of the backbiting, lies, blame-gaming, and deviousness that are so prevalent at Rokt. Focus on creating and ACTUALLY instilling a set of values that all employees can benefit from.

28 Aug 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your honest feedback. It’s difficult to have an effective discussion on some of the issues you bring up when we are not able to talk to you in person, but we will do our best to address... More

8. "Account Manager"

I have been working at Rokt full-time

Pros

Great culture, awesome product and managers that are not overbearing. If you are consciousness, curious and willing to work hard you will get ahead. Great benefits including global EOQ in Australia, medical and dental, open plan fun office and interesting and challenging work.

Cons

Provide weekly meals and uber home if you work late. Need to be able to QA products before they go live.

18 Jul 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review! We’re happy to hear you enjoy our culture and the benefits package we offer. We also like to hear that you find your work here challenging and interesting - this is important... More

9. "Compelling product and rich culture"

Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Melbourne (Australia)
    Current Employee - Strategic Account Manager in Melbourne (Australia)

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great culture , lots of room to grow laterally as well as vertically.

Above all, one of the more compelling performance marketing platforms in martech

Cons

There are no cons for now .

21 Jun 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience and are enjoying yourself working at Rokt. We look forward to seeing you grow with us!

10. "Great company."

I have been working at Rokt full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In depth training into products and services for new starters from the off.
    Great working culture right through the business.
    Strong client portfolio.

Cons

Very few cons at all.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in your people.

21 Jun 2018 – People Operations Manager

Thanks for your review. We’re glad to hear you are satisfied with our comprehensive onboarding program. We hope you continue to enjoy the working culture at Rokt and are glad to have you on board!