Cover image for Redfin

78% Approve of CEO
3.7
Redfin CEO Glenn Kelman
Glenn Kelman

What are your colleagues talking about?

Find your private company bowl on Community, join the hottest conversation with your colleagues anonymously.
Join the conversation

Top Review Highlights by Sentiment

Excerpts from user reviews, not authored by Glassdoor

Pros
  • "Great benefits and tech.(in 134 reviews)
  • "Great people to work with(in 91 reviews)
  • "Great culture and experience for the budding realtor(in 71 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule, pay is decent for what you are doing and not salesy at all.(in 52 reviews)
  • "Flexible schedule not much else(in 49 reviews)
Cons
  • "Low pay if the market is not hot and not many buyers are touring homes.(in 104 reviews)
  • "No work/life balance(in 71 reviews)
  • "Local management is great but they don't seem to have the ability to make decisions or impact the overall policies.(in 57 reviews)
  • "There is constant agent turnover with inexperienced managers behind the curtain.(in 43 reviews)
  • "The base salary is low(in 28 reviews)
Verify your email to use filters. Having problems? Resend email

Found 1,353 of over 2K reviews

Updated 20 Sept 2023

1. 2.0
      20 Sept 2023
      Associate Agent
      Irvine, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the lead agents were appreciative. Pay was always on time.

Cons

Associates are primarily showing homes in place of the Lead Agent when they have a lot of buyers to work with. In this current buying slow down, they are not using the Associates very much. My full time position ended up only giving me work for around 10 hours weekly. And I paid my own MLS fees. It was not longer a good choice for my income.

2. Is it usual for equity in a home to stay flat in the first few years? Zillow and redfin valuations are not promising for the townhome I purchased last year.

13 comments

Manager 1

You purchased at the peak?

View 13 more replies
      1. 5.0
        2 Aug 2023
        Agent
        Current Employee, more than 5 years
        Oakland, CA
        Business Outlook

Pros

Very fulfilling job, make great money if you do well, have a career one enjoys, amazing support and resources from the overall company and team. Great working atmosphere among fellow colleagues.

Cons

Too many meetings, micromanaging applies from team to team but exists.

2. Join the Redfin team
        See Our Latest Jobs
        1. 4.0
          14 Sept 2023
          Real Estate - Listing Agent
          Former Employee, more than 3 years
          Chicago, IL
          Business Outlook

Pros

Healthcare is very good and stock options are available too.

Cons

60+ hours per week minimum with very little work/life balance. You are on a "team" but other agents in the office are not helpful.

2. Zillow and Redfin haven’t been as disruptive to the real estate industry as I had expected. Maybe it’s too early, but having most transactions go through them like a marketplace and cutting out agents and brokerages is what I had hoped for. Commission based work on standard transactions is an outdated system. Whether you agree or not is now what I’m here for. How is this next phase of generative AI potentially a way for interfaces to scan through the MLS + Zillow and start negotiations?

7 comments

Transaction Coordinator
            Former Employee, more than 3 years
            Everett, WA
            Business Outlook

Pros

Stabile income due to having an hourly job.

Cons

Management wasn't the best and never tried to ask the other side of the story. Was quick to punish without really knowing the whole situation.

1. 1.0
              13 Sept 2023
              Senior Lead Agent
              Current Employee
              Business Outlook

Pros

The technology and CRM. Consistent brand.

Cons

Incredible amount of work. Feels like you're in jail. New agents have no idea. Restricts you from business, turns leads off. You have to get 50% of your own leads but yet commission structure didn't change to reflect that.

2. Should I use a real estate broker to list my rental property? Or can I get away with listing it myself on Zillow, Redfin (all the major platforms) and just posting a nice descriptions with professional pics? For those who’ve listed themselves - what platforms are best to perform a credit check?

7 comments

Deloitte 1

May depend on your area but I think you can do it yourself. Where is the rental?

View 7 more replies
              1. 2.0
                10 Sept 2023
                Lead Agent
                Seattle, WA
                Business Outlook

Pros

Loved the other employees, including my manager

Cons

Horrible pay, no life/work balance!

1. 1.0
                  12 Aug 2023
                  Associate Agent
                  Current Employee, more than 1 year
                  Columbia, SC
                  Business Outlook

Pros

The times/days you work is very flexible.

Cons

It doesn't pay much at all. There are no benefits and we cover all our own expenses. Associate agents are the backbone of the company. They literally couldn't function without us, but we are undervalued and treated as outsiders. Anytime I go above and beyond to help a customer, they don't even want to pay me for it. There is no recognition of our efforts and nobody on our side to support us.

6 Sept 2023
                    Transaction Coordinator
                    Los Angeles, CA
                    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent training, positive attitude of teammates, and fully remote position.

Cons

Management played favorites with team, lack of transparency, and constant changes in processes.

2. My dream companies are: Zillow Inc Redfin Opendoor Realtor.com Can someone help with getting a referral ? I am interested in data related roles. Thanks in advance !

2 comments

Redfin 1

If it's a sales role you're looking for I can refer you no problem. I'm not sure what other departments are hiring right now.

View 1 more reply
                    1. 5.0
                      9 Sept 2023
                      Real Estate Assistant
                      Current Employee
                      Business Outlook

Pros

Remote Work from home with Flexibility to schedules.

Cons

Hard to advance within company

4 Sept 2023
                        Agent
                        Baltimore, MD
                        Business Outlook

Pros

Great Benefits, Training, Team Building,

Cons

Inconsistent leadership and policy, erratic SOP changes, don’t practice what they preach

Viewing 1 - 10 of 1,353 Reviews
                      </>Embed

Redfin Reviews FAQs

Redfin has an overall rating of 3.7 out of 5, based on over 1,783 reviews left anonymously by employees. 66% of employees would recommend working at Redfin to a friend and 43% have a positive outlook for the business. This rating has decreased by -5% over the last 12 months.

According to anonymously submitted Glassdoor reviews, Redfin employees rate their compensation and benefits as 3.4 out of 5. Find out more about salaries and benefits at Redfin. This rating has decreased by -1% over the last 12 months.

66% of Redfin employees would recommend working there to a friend based on Glassdoor reviews. Employees also rated Redfin 3.5 out of 5 for work life balance, 3.9 for culture and values and 3.5 for career opportunities.

Popular Careers with Redfin Job Seekers

JobsSalariesInterviews

Work at Redfin? Share Your Experiences

Redfin logo

Popular Conversations

Interview Tips

190.6K

Administrative Assistant

Gave two interviews recently and got a feedback that I wasn’t able to explain my role as effectively, because of which I won’t be able to transition as fast into a fast-paced environment. I have worked in one small firm and one small-mid firm, and I personally feel I am ready to take up more responsibilities and move to a bigger firm for more exposure. Not sure how else I can explain my roles effectively, even after walking them through everything, how am I supposed to utilise this feedback?

1 Comment

Generalist

Im really interested in applying for Walmart but I'm not interested in the bs that comes along with it. Especially when nowadays the difference between poverty & not living on the streets is a full-time job (If you're lucky) 🥴🥴

7 Comments

Front Desk Supervisor

What are hiring managers looking for?? I have had so many interviews and have not gotten the job! I have literally had the people I’ve interviewed with tell me that I was a shoo in for the job, invite me to tour the facilities, and give incredibly positive feedback but I haven’t gotten the jobs. I’m so frustrated because I need to get out of my current job situation asap but have had ZERO luck.

7 Comments

• Real Estate Agent(83)
                      • Senior Agent(75)

Redfin Photos

+ Add Photo
                      Redfin photo of: Teamwork!
                      Redfin photo of: HQ - Lunch!
                      Redfin photo of: Redfin-SanFran
                      Redfin photo of: HQ - working hard.
                      Redfin photo of: Redfin SanFran Office

Affiliated Companies

Forward Settlement SolutionsWalk Score

Redfin Job Seekers Also Viewed

Zillow Logo
                      Zillow

1,918 reviews
                      Compare

Glassdoor has 1,783 Redfin reviews submitted anonymously by Redfin employees. Read employee reviews and ratings on Glassdoor to decide if Redfin is right for you.