Quantcast Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.7
Quantcast CEO and Founder Konrad Feldman
Konrad Feldman

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • "Catered lunch and dinner everyday" (in 29 reviews)

• "Work life balance is pretty great" (in 20 reviews)

Cons
  • "lack of 401k matching, the company offers stock options but that's not liquid nor guaranteed money (though we all hope it is worth something, someday)" (in 15 reviews)

• "Deteriorating quality of middle management" (in 13 reviews)

"Young and agile Company"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Account Executive in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

- Great employees
    - Free Food
    - Flat hierarchies

Cons

Up until now there is nothing bad to say

Advice to Management

I dont have any recommendations to the management. Keep doing what you do.

"Fantastic Company with a Great Future"

Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Sales Operations Analyst in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Quantcast is an incredible company. I spent a wonderful 2 years here working with incredibly smart people across the globe.

QC truly allows you to bring your authentic self to work as it relishes diversity. The Dublin office is relatively small with approx 80 people. This intimate nature has inspired a micro culture of fun, and colleagues soon become friends after a few weeks here. QC has all the typical 'tech company' benefits (free lunches/xbox/table tennis etc) which really help in creating the great atmosphere which currently exists.

As a company QC has the worlds largest AI-driven audience behavior platform- that's pretty cool. The company is no longer a start up, and has positioned itself as being a competitive force in a fast paced market.

Cons

Not necessarily a 'Con', but Quantcast has brought in a new COO and CRO. Bringing in two senior people at the same time is always a challenge, but both have been a great fit and have already helped set up QC for future success.

3. "Great Culture - Great place to work"

Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Current Employee - Technical Support Engineer in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good salaries. The company gives you a lot of opportunities in terms of career growth.

Cons

A lot of flexibility is required for such a young company. This is seen as a good thing for people naturally flexible like me but might be seen as a downside by many others.

4. "A lot of change, but change is good!"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Amazing people
    - Nice office and great location
    - Free food
    - Good sales incentives
    - Some really good managers
    - New COO and new strategy

Cons

- product offering isn't as good in all markets
    - a lot of change
    - communication is a challenge
    - marketing is non existent in Europe

Advice to Management

the new vision is good - better than what we've had in the past - keep working on it and get us all involved in it
    figure out career opportunities for every role and level

"Great Dublin tech company"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I've been with Quantcast for a number of years now and have had a great time working at the company. Having come from much larger organisations, it's been great to see the company grow over this time. Given where the company is at in terms of it's long term strategy and potential IPO, there's obviously challenges along the way but in my experience, that comes with every company no matter the size.
    Pros:
    Culture - the Dublin culture is 2nd to none and has often been called out by the company as a model to follow. Everyday I get to work with extremely smart, ambitious people who are all pushing for the same goal - no politics here which is great
    Product - for any working in advertising, digital or otherwise, you'll get the chance to work on a solution that really does provide value to our customers and compete with the likes of Facebook & Google.
    Development - I've had the chance to personally develop both from a skills and career perspective here, and also see others on various teams progress into more senior roles, with some moving into management. I genuinely believe that the things you'll learn here are difficult to come by elsewhere and will stand to anyones long term career.
    Benefits - all the standard benefits or working with a Dublin tech company are here, with a regular Friday beer cart always great to bring the teams together.

Cons

Like any company our size and aiming for significant growth and IPO, change is an inevitable part of the job. We've seen some shifts in the organisational structure and in executive leadership, all of which will accelerate our growth. In particular new senior hires at CMO & COO level are massive for us.

Advice to Management

Execute on the vision and strategy that has been laid out. We have a huge opportunity here and I fully believe we now have the right people in place to do so.

"No Room For Growth"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

Free food, young atmosphere, flexible paid time off, flexible working from home, average industry pay, central and clean Dublin office

Cons

Constant change. New roles seen as a demotion. Growing pessimism and lack of leadership in nearly all departments. NO ROOM FOR GROWTH

Advice to Management

Consider both business and employees. Or you will continue to lose good employees

"Bad management, poor strategic vision & unpredictable working conditions"

Former Employee - Sales Performance Partner in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Sales Performance Partner in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Quantcast full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Centre of town
    Excellent talent acquisition team
    Office design
    Nice food on Fridays
    People are caring when it comes to promotions, birthdays, baby celebrations etc.

Cons

Poor people management
    Lack of strategic clarity
    High turnover
    Lots of lay-offs
    Culture is very “clicky” and “boys club” feeling
    Salary is not competitive within IT space

Advice to Management

Don’t put people into management that either shouldn’t be there (lack of skills) or haven’t received appropriate training. Listen to feedback and implement change!

8. ":) Amazing atmosphere / :( Losing its credibility with recent changes"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time

Pros

.The atmosphere is phenomenal. When people from other QC offices come to the Dublin one, they are amazed to see the team spirit and the fun.
    .Flexibility in hours
    .Great balance work life / personal life
    .Amazing opportunity to learn everything about digital advertising
    .Strong technology and potential to become a strong player on the market

Cons

.The company seems a bit lost in creating an identity and finding its position on the market
    .Difficult to have a clear visibility on career development
    .Perks and salary are not competitive compared to the other tech companies in Dublin

"Looks slick from the outside, but chaotic and frustrating in reality"

I have been working at Quantcast full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some nice people work here.

The tech was exciting back in 2014.

Free lunches.

Everyone got a free Amazon Echo to distract us from the reality of the situation.

Work life balance is good because most people no longer see the upside of overworking themselves when another restructure is on the horozon.

Cons

Redundancies & attrition - company performance is very poor, but to tackle this, they've decided to let a number of quality, experienced people go in all offices and departments. The brain drain at all levels and departments is severe. A lot of senior product, marketing, operations and engineering people have moved on and not been replaced.

Poor leadership - at all levels. From the CEO who has overseen every bad decision in recent years, to shockingly poor middle management. Management is only interested in managing up unfortunately. Very few people have been promoted from within and they are usually bad choices.

Salary and package is not competitive. The company does compete with Google/Facebook/LinkedIn for comparable roles. As a result, questionable hires are made as the truly great people go to those companies instead.

Game of Thrones (executive edition) - a fun game to play is to look at the leadership page on the UK site, and compare it to the leadership page on the US site. Oh look, there's a VP of Engineering on the UK site, but not the US site. That's another casualty in unending turnover in executive leadership. I love that they fire members of the leadership teams but forget to remove them from the international sites. There is constant turmoil at the top and this filters down in various manners of unpleasantness as the average workers deal with the fallout of yet another restructure initiated by a bruised ego.

Questionable positioning - oh hey, we're an "AI" company now. We were a programmatic/machine learning/RTB company over the past 10 years. Interesting that the new CMO shows up, throws his favourite marketing buzzwords into the mix and that's our direction now. Does no-one else see that the CMO is busier promoting himself instead of the company? A rebrand is the lowest of the low hanging fruit and an easy win for him.

Learning & Development - forget about it. There is nothing happening on that front. Unless you are very junior, you will learn nothing to add to your experience. All new experience and skills are hired externally. Be very careful about joining Quantcast as an experienced hire, unless you are excellent at political game playing.

Stagnant product - has not been updated in many years. The market has passed the company by and QC has done nothing to address concerns around transparency, pricing, margins, brand safety and also nothing in adapting product suitability for the markets in which it is sold. This is worse in EMEA than in the US.

Promotion process - it's painful. Too many times, good people are passed over and instead they promote the unqualified person that was friends with a manager in their old company. It ends up in a cross departmental political shouting match where managers from one department shout down the promotion choices of another department. Absolutely infuriating.

Workflows and restructures - daily workflow is not clear and changes all the time. Entire departments have been in a constant state of re-organisation for years so the goalposts are constantly shifting. This is not a stable company.

Changing the company focus - the old products may as well be dead as the focus of the company is shifting to something else. That means all remaining resources are working on this new vision and all the existing products are likely to stagnate further.

Advice to Management

Where do you even start? The only sensible course of action is to place the current CEO in a figurehead role and employ a leader with a proven track record to bring this company to the next level. The employees that have toiled away for years deserve a chance at converting their moribund stock options into something valuable at some point.

Also - it has been said repeatedly, but there needs to be a true evaluation of learning requirements and budget should be required to upskilling the people that are worth retaining.

Finally, management at all levels requires evaluation. There are people in management who are embarrassingly lacking in skills, execution and vision. This has been the case for many years.

"Disappointing and toxic company"

Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin
    Former Employee - Corporate Sales in Dublin, Co. Dublin

I worked at Quantcast full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Dublin office is very well located. It comes with the usual perks that you now see in high tech companies : flexible workspaces, breakfast and lunch, yoga classes...

The technology is very impressive and there is a lot to wow your customers. If you want to get into real time advertising, Quantcast is very advanced. However the strategy for growth renders the quality of the solution completely pointless.

The sales methodology and sales training is excellent. If only the sales team and the managers put that into real practice instead of just repeating the keywords like parrots!

Cons

Quantcast has a bad track record when it comes to managing people. I had seen negative reviews before I joined, and I heard negative feedback from my personal network including recruiting agencies. The team I interviewed with for sales convinced me it would be just fine. Little did I know that it was going to be such a mess.

Here's what I struggled with:
    - Don't get fooled by the titles! A sales manager is in reality an account executive in charge of new business.
    - Inexperienced managers who have never worked outside of Ireland but need to cover areas like DACH, Southern Europe or Israel and have no clue
    - No territory policy : I ran a report in Salesforce which showed me that just before someone joins the company, the other AEs put the "juicy" accounts under their name and sit on them just by principle.
    - This means that new people are not allocated a fair and relevant patch, and are left with either cold accounts or accounts with no budget.
    - This also means that sales people are fighting for the same accounts and it fosters a culture of mistrust.
    - Managers refuse to discuss the territory issues and will beat you on the head about your quotas even though you have a dry patch.
    - If you join as an AE, you may eventually be promoted to senior AE, but after that it's limbo. Teams are too small to require more managers, and there is no career path to a field role.

Since I left, the SDR programme seems to have been scrapped. some markets have been closed down and a large number of people in leadership roles have left (voluntarily or not).

When it comes to people, everyone is smart and capable. But here's very little recognition from managers: they put more value on someone who's been in the company for 15 months than on someone who brings more sales experience. It's very difficult to change the way things are done, however hard the sales enablement team tries (and God knows they try and they're good).

Cases of bullying are frequent. Usually brushed under the carpet. It's particularly true in the local offices in continental Europe.

Commissions are not calculated on the amount of the deal you closed. They're calculated based on the budget invoiced to the customer and paid on a quarterly basis in the following quarter. EX: your Q1 commissions (Jan to March) will be paid in May. Bear that in mind.

HR is a joke with no insight into what people do, no exit interview for terminated contracts, and an apparent disregard for churn. They seem to live under the delusion that there are hundreds of candidates queuing at the door.

Advice to Management

Wake up: your reputation in Dublin is horrible and everyone knows it. There are so many horror stories about Quantcast that not only will you lose employees but also clients. Clients read Glassdoor too.

Clarify what career evolutions are available or not and what are the criteria. Don't hide behind fake reasons.

Stop using the "start up" excuses. The company is 11 years old. Hire business people to take it out of the slump or sell it to the competition.

You have a wonderful technology and the best people at engineering, campaign analysis and CS levels. Make the sales organisation work properly and you'll improve all the KPIs.