Peninsula Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated Dec 3, 2019

4.1
Peninsula CEO Peter Done
Peter Done
Pros
  • "This week I will be celebrating 10 years service at peninsula working in the Employment Law Advice Department(in 43 reviews)

• "Professional Working Environment(in 42 reviews)

Cons
  • "There are no cons to working here(in 41 reviews)

• "Is a fast paced environment so have to be on the ball from the get go(in 32 reviews)

"Amazing company to work for!"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Life changing income for high performing BDM’s, Autonomy, the company is set up for BDM’s to succeed with the support from other departments better than I’ve ever experienced in any other sales role.

Cons

No cons, as near to a perfect working environment as I’ve ever experienced as a BDM

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

Peninsula2019-03-14

"Stressful with limited flexible working"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good people and nice office

Cons

Stressful environment with limited flexible working options

Advice to Management

Need to put in place we advice clients

Peninsula2019-10-27

"Great company to build your Hr knowledge"

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Amazing training and ability to learn to manage complex cases.

Cons

Very target orientated, emphasis on volume rather than quality of work.

Peninsula2019-10-23

"Telesales in a bizarre pressure cooker Company"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

Not too far from city Commission Salary

Cons

Many!. Very school like. Have to sign late permission slips even for 20/30 seconds late and "work that time back" usually on your paltry 30 minute break. They want their 30 seconds back and will cut short your very short lunch to get it!. No 15 minute breaks. At all. Tea/coffee breaks virtually non existent. Its certainly not the norm and you will very very rarely someone go for a tea such is the toxic... "productive time" culture there. Management look down on staff. Dont answer emails; dont say hello etc etc.One incredible thing that highlighted this was a director bringing all the men in the office into a meeting (very rare God forbid you are off the phones for even a second!) so it must have been serious?. No he showed a powerpoint presentation of rotten human faeces. Deadly serious.A director worked on this imagine!. Shows the metailty in a nutshell. He then condesendingly spoke to us saying how to use the bathroom!. Also an email was sent to all men in the company in Dublin with EVEN more images of rancid human waste. Who takes photos of that?. What company has a poo powerpoint presentation?. How incredibly demeaning It was to staff. Very pressurised. Shouted at constantly to stand up when pitching (which is the full 8 hour 15 minute day). Its irritating and very very tedious and tiresome all day long. Every single day. In fact often couldn't hear the person I was pitching to due to the incessant shouting to stand up ironically costing the company money in deals!. I heard my name shouted least 5 times a day to stand up. Even when I was!. Have to make 150-200 calls a day up to 1000 calls a week. If you dont you will be shouted at to not only stand up but get your "dials" in. Incessantly and in the process not hear a word on the other end of the phone defeating the purpose of calling in the first place!. Commissiom can be and has been withheld due to being sick. Basically punishing sickness. They dont like sickness in Peninsula. 3 sick days and you get a "Letter of concern" basically a threat of termimation in effect. Doesnt matter if you are incredibly ill you get that letter. Very very low depressing morale. One of the reasons I left the BDM telesales team. Very clostrophobic Small office. Complete backstabbing culture.People will throw you under the bus in a heartbeat due to the dogeatdog culture. Dont get the perks of Manchester ie Perkbox comedy nights free food etc. Company is totally obsessed with image. Have a full time propaganda team in Manchester employed to gloss and shine the company image online. Company spin in effect they will no doubt respond to this but I ask anyone who does BDM telesales in Dublin to see for themselves go ahead proof of the pudding in the eating of it and ask the male staff there about their poo presentations experiences while there too!.

Advice to Management

Relax. Stand up to Manchester. Stop shouting it costs sales over and over again. Take a more engaged quantity or quality approach. Realize people are human and do get sick. Stop making people sign absurd late slips. Its not school!.

Peninsula2019-03-26
  5. "Sales executive"

No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Great job and lovely people

Cons

Nothing bad to say at all

Peninsula2018-12-02
  6. "Business Sale Executive"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

I worked with the most amazing guys in Dublin, the company values your opinion, good remuneration.

Cons

They need to improve on their sales structure it can be quite aggressive particularly as sales varies across countries.

Advice to Management

Improve on cons.

Peninsula2018-11-09
  7. "Success Starts Here!"

Current Employee - Sales Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I’ve been with the company over two and a half years and I can honestly say that there hasn’t been two days that are the same. As a manager, this company has given me so much in terms of personal and professional development and I can’t thank them enough for their support. What excited me about the role initially was being given the tools to support my team members. To see the growth of the all the teams has given... me such pride and admiration for the people around me. The sales managers who work in Manchester have taken the time to be there for myself and the sales people in Dublin/Belfast and although we’re not based in the same location there is a fantastic team atmosphere and comradeship. We’ve seen massive success over the last 18 months and this is down to the work hard of a number of people but I wanted to mention my admiration for my manager who heads the telemarketing department. Her dedication and drive to always over exceed what’s expected has given me motivation to keep going each and every day. I couldn’t ask for a better mentor and there are plenty of mentors to choose from across the company in the different departments. Lastly just to mention the people within the Dublin and Belfast offices, the operations team and associate directors are approachable, professional and effective so getting to work alongside them is a massive pro. I would say to anyone looking at taking a role within Peninsula that it’s a fantastic service, always changing and adapting to the market and they really look after their employees. You don’t get voted in the top 100 companies for nothing. From a sales point of view the benefits on offer are second to none and unlike other industries there is no restriction on who our service applies to. The potential to grow is something I’ve not witnessed in any other role I’ve had.

Cons

None. Such a great atmosphere and people. If you are thinking of joining the team then go for it, you will earn if you put in the work.

Advice to Management

None today but if I needed to give feedback I know it would be welcomed.

Peninsula2018-10-10
  8. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Employment Law Advisor in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for more than a year

Pros

Excellent training and experience in employment law. Great autonomy given in liaising with clients which forces you to become good at building client relationships, improving your communications skills and trying your best to improve your knowledge. Would recommend Peninsula to anyone who is not afraid of a challenge, of a fast pace environment and someone who wishes to become an employment law expert.

Cons

Salary banding system could be improved to try to recognize people's work outside of the set KPIs.

Peninsula2018-09-19
  9. "Company review"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Peninsula full-time for less than a year

Pros

Excellent training provided, always opportunities to expand knowledge and skill set across a wide range of areas like Employment Law / HR, Health & Safety. Great atmosphere and working environment in the Dublin Office. Constant career development opportunities, always looking to promote from within the business

Cons

If I'm being fussy, could improve on employee engagement

Peninsula2018-08-01

"Dublin - Low Salaries compared to market"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Peninsula full-time

Pros

Nice friendly staff, everyone gets on well together

Cons

Very high staff turnover in Dublin. The salaries are on the low side and you get loaded with extra work but no reward. Manchester head office doesn't care about the staff in the Dublin office, you do not get any of the extras they say you get in the job spec. They hide behind the employment law ethos but it is all about sales and making money. They have US style sales conferences where the sales guys all clap... about buying new cars etc. and get ridiculous bonus cheques.

Advice to Management

Open your eyes and ears to how staff are feeling and maybe then you will have a less turn over in staff.

Peninsula2018-08-09