Nextiva Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 18 Jan 2020

4.5
Nextiva CEO Tomas Gorny
Tomas Gorny
Pros
  • "Lots of weekly activities and free food(in 27 reviews)

• "A relaxed work environment with a goal of being hyper-productive(in 26 reviews)

Cons
  • "It's a fast-paced place to work, but that's not necessarily a con - agility is how Nextiva as achieved some of its success(in 9 reviews)

• "When I first started there were probably 75 account executives on the floor trying to break the elusive "(in 8 reviews)

1. "Had a good time and helped me grow"

Former Employee - Salesforce Developer

I worked at Nextiva full-time

Pros

I've worked for marketing. Met with many awesome people there, CMO is a very cool guy. Needed to leave because of moving to Texas.

Cons

Nowhere is perfect but I've had nothing major to say here.

Advice to Management

Keep investing in people, you won't disappoint.

Nextiva2020-01-03
  2. "Great working environment for growth"

Current Employee - Site Reliability Engineer

I have been working at Nextiva full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great culture and work life balance. People are always willing to help which creates a great environment for growth

Cons

The company is undergoing a lot of restructuring lately which has led to some unexpected changes in management which can be frustrating

Nextiva2020-01-03
  3. "The best job I’ve ever had"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time for more than a year

Pros

I loved my job at Nextiva! It was so much fun and great people there too. I was so sad to have to leave when our family was moved for my husbands work. I highly recommend!

Cons

I loved being there and would have been so happy to be able to stay on and work there its just that I had to move.

Nextiva2019-12-30

"Be wary of all the fake reviews!"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Nextiva full-time for less than a year

Pros

Coworkers. You know what they say....misery loves company.

Cons

They hire over 20 account executives EVERY month, even though there is no room on the floor for the newbies. Why? Because they have to prepare for the insane amount of turnover that happens all the time. We are not a herd of cattle, Nextiva. Management lacks transparency. High turnover that even extends into upper leadership. And come on, what kind of company that claims an amazing culture doesn’t even throw a company-wide holiday party for their employees?! Fearful, toxic workplace.

Advice to Management

Don’t bother commenting with one of your canned responses.

Nextiva2019-12-29
  5. "One of the worst places I've ever worked!"

Former Employee - Systems Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time for more than a year

Pros

The little quickie mart upstairs had $2 salads and the free Friday lunches were pretty nice.

Cons

1. Company hasn't adequately invested in its internal infrastructure and is falling apart internally which is affecting every facet of the company. 2. Company has completely incompetent leadership especially the project managers. 3. CEO's "Vision" is incomprehensibly nieve and lacks any understanding of customer's business needs and completely skims over important technical details such as the need for external integrations. 4. Any software products or internal tools the company has actually managed to "complete" are complete trash. The development team can't maintain anything or fix issues that arise with the software they are responsible for. Mostly because it was outsourced to consulting companies in India or built cheap by individuals in impoverished countries like Kiev and Guadalajara and or the previous developers were terminated at a whim. 5. The company tries to build very fundamental things which they ultimately don't have the mental capacity and or qualified talent to maintain. 7. Company pays for positive reviews and fake rewards. They force their employees to leave fake reviews and comments to boost their rating. They have their customer success manager harass individuals or give them gift cards to take down negative reviews.

Advice to Management

Far too many chiefs and far too few indians in this company. Hire talented and qualified individuals to maintain your internal infrastructure. Treat them like human beings and pay them a decent salary so they actually want to stay! Fire or demote the incompetent project managers and other dead weight in leadership roles. Employees of a company should actually contribute something to the company especially when they are in leadership roles instead of just riding the 2-3 individuals below them while doing little to nothing.

Nextiva2020-01-18
  6. "Great, challenging, rewarding"

I have been working at Nextiva

Pros

Great leaders who lead by example. Never have I seen a company besides Nextiva where the CTO and VPs of technology jump in on production issues to give valuable feedback and also help with remediation steps. Nextiva uses so many different technologies that you get a plethora of experience and if you like to learn like me than this is a great pro to have your hands in so many parts of tech. Managers are helpful, easy to talk to. The work place environment is very relaxed but still very productive. People dont care if you wear a tshirt and shorts to work, they just care that you get the job done

Cons

None, keep doing what your doing

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing. Dont change

Nextiva2019-12-12

"Dont drink the koolaid, do what is right."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Free Coffee, some good coworkers, vacation time

Cons

In training there are some things shared that do not turn out to be true. The sales managers have yelled and bullied their team in front of the entire sales floor. They also ask for you to go leave reviews on the company.

Advice to Management

Be more ethical, provide honest service.

Nextiva2020-01-13

"Exciting work environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time for more than a year

Pros

You have of growth opportunities at Nextiva. It’s all about taking advantage, throwing yourself into the work, and making the most of your team. They do their best to grow individuals and you can really get a lot out of the work experience their. I know a few people who have left and since gone on to some amazing positions at the likes of Google and Facebook as they just were set up with their Nextiva experience.

Cons

It’s not easy. You do need to be tough, smart and work really hard. But it is worth it in my opinion. I guess I think it’s not for everyone.

Advice to Management

Nothing major. I think it’s about continuing with the goals and not letting short term needs undermine long term. I think there has been some hasty hiring which might not have got the best people for the job but the growth has demanded that and hopefully that’s not going to create a major problem later.

Nextiva2019-10-21

"Exciting place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I worked at Nextiva full-time for more than a year

Pros

I really enjoyed my time at Nextiva. I haven’t been able to find that level of excitement about work since I left. My reasons for leaving were unrelated to the company and I was really sad to go.

Cons

I had to leave as my husband got a job in another city and we moved. That’s my only con!

Advice to Management

More training for the young people right out of college would be good. There were some grads that needed some general career/leadership training that I think would have really helped. They want to learn and grow so give them what they’re looking for – it’s only going to benefit the business!

Nextiva2019-10-26

"Huge growth!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

I have been working at Nextiva full-time for less than a year

Pros

As a salesman it is great to be working for a company that has such strong growth. Also it really makes my job easier when the tools are so much better than a lot of the competition. I feel like I’m having good success, and its early days too I’ve only been here 6 months.

Cons

I don’t really see it as a con but everything is performance related. That’s great when you’re good, and work hard but if there are “dry spells” that’s going to be a problem. I haven’t had that issue yet but I am aware of it and working hard to avoid!

Advice to Management

I don’t really have advice. I think for a sales oriented person this is a good business to be working in. There’s lots of energy and people are really positive about the software. It’s a great place for me to take my career to the next level and I know that Nextiva are investing in me so I really want to be successful here.

Nextiva2019-10-29