Mylan Inc Reviews

Heather Bresch
  1. "Good place to work"

Former Employee - QC Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work culture and staff friendliness

Cons

None that I can think of

2. "Great for career growth and life experience"

Former Employee - Qualified Person in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great place to learn (worked in the MDR site) and enhance your skills if you are self driven. Challenging environment, gives you the opportunity to really show your passion for your job every day. Dedication is a keyword. The company is becoming more and more international Got an international assignment which gave the opportunity to spend time in the USA headquarters People are very nice The management team are very approachable and willing to listen Flexible hours Can ask to work from home once/week (at least in the QA team) Education support Career break opportunity (unpaid) after some years and if you perform well Very good connection to the city by public transport Health insurance, secure parking If you are a good multitasker, a quick motivated learner and willing to work hard in order to progress in your career that’s the place for you! Had an fantastic experience overall!

Cons

Could improve on training resources (Both on boarding and throughout employees’ career, days of annual leave, bonus and pension contributions. It is always busy /in a rush and changing priorities often happens. But if you have a very flexible personality that can be seen as an opportunity, otherwise it can be stressful. Some departments have a big turnover so not always easy to feel part of a team. Not many social events.

June 4, 2020Mylan Ireland HR

Thank you for the sincere review, this is very thoughtful feedback and we appreciate it. There is a lot of great teamwork at MDR! Our leaders continue to listen and, together, we have made a lot of improvements in the past year. We are glad to see it reflected in your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed your time with us and that you benefited from an international assignment, education support and flexible work arrangements. Mylan is committed to remaining competitive in the local market and will continue to look for innovative ways to do so. We wish you the best of luck for the future.

3. "Ok"

Former Employee - Senior QC Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

There is Good progression and opportunity

Cons

There is a blame culture

April 24, 2020Mylan Global Talent Team

Thank you. Your feedback has been noted.

4. "Mylan"

2.0
    Former Employee - QC Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Management are willing to listen to employees.

Cons

No great deal of appreciation towards employees.

April 24, 2020Mylan Global Talent Team

We are here and ready to listen, so thank you for recognizing this. We aim to provide a variety of initiatives in appreciation of our employees’ contribution to the business. Thank you for your review.

5. "Good company to work for"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Galway

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time

Pros

Great for experience huge verity of work for department I worked in.

Cons

In predictable hours. As you may be needed to work double shifts and nights .

6. "Micro-management and lack of direction"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Baldoyle, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team spirit among the people on the floor.

Cons

Management are disconnected from the reality of what is happening on the floor. Management ignore the advice given to them by people who have been working in industry for years to the detriment of the organisation. Management micro-manage certain things but that only slows things down. Poor systems, duplication of various documents required for different purposes, no one method of reporting. Dictatorship-like atmosphere where any and all decisions are overruled by one person. Meetings, so many meetings, where little or nothing of substance happens.

January 3, 2020Global Talent

We want all our employees and managers to feel empowered, informed and that they have the right support to do their jobs, so we find your comments concerning. We’re glad you had good camaraderie with your colleagues when you were with Mylan. Teamwork and collaboration are valued here.

7. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, great place to work

Cons

Could not find, everything is great

November 14, 2019Global Talent Team

Fantastic! Thanks for the review.

8. "MDR"

2.0
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are woefully under qualified for any role you can think of then it's a good place to get experience and leave 12 months later still not knowing anything but your CV is padded out at least. If you're related to someone in Mylan it's easy street for you!

Cons

Adherence to SOPs,GMP,GDP are laughable its's total quantity over quality. Communication from management is non existent except when it come to blame game which is rampant. Promotion is achieved not through knowledge ,experience or ability but by dint of brown nosing.Lack of ability or talent is no barrier to success in Mylan. Holiday allowance is farcical and only getting worse,base pay is on the low end but shift can bring it up. Training is simply awful,constantly left to fend for yourself and figure out systems /procedures on your own which inevitably leads to slower thru times which rile management up but they can't seem to grasp that fact despite it being pointed out repeatedly across all streams in various townhall meetings.

January 16, 2020Head of HR OSD Europe

We welcome all feedback, both positive and challenging. Our employees demonstrate great teamwork in making a huge contribution to ensure customer demand for new products are met. We anticipate adding more products to our portfolio as well, which will bring us more opportunity for growth. Our people are essential to this. We have many capable and highly qualified employees who do a great job, and we are proud to provide advancement opportunities to employees who have excelled in meeting the challenging behavioural and technical standards required to merit promotion. MDR has also established a dedicated technical training team in our manufacturing areas. This team actively supports our employees to work safely and effectively as well as providing a platform for their further development. While we may not always be able to take immediate action on what we hear from employees, we are listening. Change takes time, if you are open to it, I would like to have a conversation to follow up on your points.

9. "Great"

Former Employee - Microbiologist in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good structure great management and good opportunity

Cons

Pay could be a little bit better

November 7, 2019Global Talent Team

We appreciate your positive outlook and your feedback has been noted. Our local leadership team has reviewed compensation rates extensively to ensure that we are paying competitive to market.

10. "Mylan Dublin - great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working at Mylan for 13 years. Mylan is a large diverse global multinational pharmaceutical, a company always trying to make itself better. The change never stops at Mylan! I love the can do attitude people have as they support each other to get things done while also taking some time to have fun!! The weeks and months fly by when working in Mylan! I love the fast paced nature of the company with many things coming across your desk at any one time. Employees often comment on the Mylan family feeing - employees being so friendly and helpful to each other. There are good benefits on offer such as pension, healthcare for your family, remote working, career breaks etc. Mylan gives great opportunities to employees to get involved in different projects to expand their knowledge and there are many employees working with different backgrounds/nationalities/experiences. Mylan has great career development opportunities for those interested in developing their careers at Mylan.

Cons

The company, like any company has items to work on and has completed a global employee engagement survey to gather feedback from employees and continues to work on the action items coming out of this – work processes, communications etc

October 14, 2019Global Talent Team

We are glad to hear you’re having a great experience at Mylan! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. It’s obvious that you experience great camaraderie in Dublin.

Found 432 reviews