Mylan Inc Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

3.7
Mylan Inc CEO Heather Bresch
Heather Bresch
Pros
Cons
  • "Long working hours, it is difficult to keep work-life balance(in 49 reviews)

• "Long working hours and unnecessary forced stay during and before audits (upto 14 hours a day)(in 20 reviews)

"Grate place to work"

in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc

Pros

Competitive salary, trainings, education scheme and flexibility

Cons

Horrible road around business in Baldoyle, got punctured tyre few times and mangled alloy once.

Mylan Inc2019-07-19
  2. "Micro-management and lack of direction"

Former Employee - Manufacturing Engineer in Baldoyle, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good team spirit among the people on the floor.

Cons

Management are disconnected from the reality of what is happening on the floor. Management ignore the advice given to them by people who have been working in industry for years to the detriment of the organisation. Management micro-manage certain things but that only slows things down. Poor systems, duplication of various documents required for different purposes, no one method of reporting.... Dictatorship-like atmosphere where any and all decisions are overruled by one person. Meetings, so many meetings, where little or nothing of substance happens.

Advice to Management

Allow supervisors and people under you to do their jobs, if they are not capable of making decisions on their own, they should not be in supervisory roles. Reduce the number of meetings, management cannot manage their departments when they are tied up in meetings from one end of the day to other.

Mylan Inc2019-11-20
  3. "Great company"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Operator in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good benefits, great place to work

Cons

Could not find, everything is great

Mylan Inc2019-10-04
  4. "MDR"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

If you are woefully under qualified for any role you can think of then it's a good place to get experience and leave 12 months later still not knowing anything but your CV is padded out at least. If you're related to someone in Mylan it's easy street for you!

Cons

Adherence to SOPs,GMP,GDP are laughable its's total quantity over quality. Communication from management is non existent except when it come to blame game which is rampant. Promotion is achieved not through knowledge ,experience or ability but by dint of brown nosing.Lack of ability or talent is no barrier to success in Mylan. Holiday allowance is farcical and only getting worse,base pay is on the low end but... shift can bring it up. Training is simply awful,constantly left to fend for yourself and figure out systems /procedures on your own which inevitably leads to slower thru times which rile management up but they can't seem to grasp that fact despite it being pointed out repeatedly across all streams in various townhall meetings.

Advice to Management

Stop with the micro managing ,trust that your employees have an idea of what they're doing. Listen to their concerns and ideas ,not in the smarmy corporate way..."Mmmm yea guys I totally take your ideas on board and after consulting with my fellow managers will come up with a plan of action to address this issue" in other words just vent your steam and we wont listen or care and carry on as usual We want to... improve the site and ourselves to make it a long term going concern which can thrive in a competitive industry.

Mylan Inc2019-10-17
  5. "Great"

Former Employee - Microbiologist in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good structure great management and good opportunity

Cons

Pay could be a little bit better

Advice to Management

Pay more

Mylan Inc2019-09-10
  6. "Mylan Dublin - great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I have been working at Mylan for 13 years. Mylan is a large diverse global multinational pharmaceutical, a company always trying to make itself better. The change never stops at Mylan! I love the can do attitude people have as they support each other to get things done while also taking some time to have fun!! The weeks and months fly by when working in Mylan! I love the fast paced nature of the company with many... things coming across your desk at any one time. Employees often comment on the Mylan family feeing - employees being so friendly and helpful to each other. There are good benefits on offer such as pension, healthcare for your family, remote working, career breaks etc. Mylan gives great opportunities to employees to get involved in different projects to expand their knowledge and there are many employees working with different backgrounds/nationalities/experiences. Mylan has great career development opportunities for those interested in developing their careers at Mylan.

Cons

The company, like any company has items to work on and has completed a global employee engagement survey to gather feedback from employees and continues to work on the action items coming out of this – work processes, communications etc

Advice to Management

Continue the good work being invested in management development and employee engagement

Mylan Inc2019-09-05
  7. "Very Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Manufacturing Technician in Baldoyle, Louth

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good place to work, nice people and the pay is not too bad.

Cons

Change the plan all the time

Advice to Management

Good management keep doing what you doing

Mylan Inc2019-09-05
  8. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - HRBP in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I am asked "Why do you like working for Mylan Dublin Respiratory?" a big smile comes up on my face and I am happy to come back with the reasons why it is enjoyable to be part of this family. Mylan Dublin Respiratory was built in 2016, only recently commercial, so it is a vibrant and dynamic entity to work for. Everything can change and sometimes changes must be implemented in the blink of an eye. It can be... challenging but it is never boring and it helps to improve your flexibility skills up to a super turbo level, I could say. People can get expertise in pharma and in medical devices, all in once, thanks to our respiratory combined product. What a great source of learning and continuous improvement comes up from this challenging combination of elements! The building is so modern and new and, most important, very clean. The open space concept is there to facilitate the communication and remove any barrier. Despite the fast peace environment, people are smiling and approachable. We sit down for lunch in a big canteen with big tables where typically people of different functions and grades enjoy their meals all together. This create connections which help the day to day work and encourage the participation to extra work activities such as marathons and races. Every time possible, MDR joins Charity initiatives. Employees receive birthday cards with scratch cards in. Lovely tip to be received on a such an important day in the personal life. People are encouraged to apply for getting promotions across sites. I have seen so many employees successfully reaching their next step wishes without leaving the company. For the ones who decide to leave the company, there is always an exit event, with lots of smiles and warm thanks for the contributions made to the site during the employment experience. These are the main reason why Mylan Dublin Respiratory could be considered a great place to work.

Cons

Deadline and changes could be challenging if you don't have a flexible and open minded approach

Mylan Inc2019-09-03
  9. "Supply Chain"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Mylan Inc full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good envirobment and hard working people.

Cons

Lack of career opportunities and recognition

Mylan Inc2019-09-03
  10. "Mylan - Doing Well"

Current Employee - Quality Assurance in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Mylan Inc full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

- Exposure to many processes - Opportunity to input - Working Environment and Genuine colleagues

Cons

Bit too busy at times!

Advice to Management

Be flexible, think new

Mylan Inc2019-08-20