LEAP Reviews

Updated 13 May 2020

3.8
LEAP CEO Daniel Knapp (no image)
Daniel Knapp
  1. "Smoke and mirrors"

1.0

I worked at LEAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

There is nothing positive I can say about my time with this company.

Cons

Leadership is a joke. They can talk a good game and that’s about it.

2. "Great atmosphere with great people"

Former Employee - Junior Software Developer in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP part-time for more than a year

Pros

It felt like I was part of a family there. Everyone on my team helped me if I had a question about something. I felt like I was around a bunch of like-minded people every time I went into work.

Cons

There really isn't many downsides. Some of the members of other teams could be a little overbearing at times.

"Fun agency"

Digital Strategist in Louisville, KY

I worked at LEAP for more than a year

Pros

Great environment to make friends.

Cons

Low pay, mostly grunt work

"Rock Solid"

I have been working at LEAP full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is not your average agency. It took me a while to figure it out, but LEAP is focused on assembling the best and brightest to build out the kind of shop most of us have always wanted to be a part of. There's not a lot of hype or propaganda about it, but if you pay attention and get involved it's easy to have a voice and make an impact. And that's pretty unusual. Beyond that, everybody I've met here really cares about the work we do...sometimes too much! But it's really cool to be a part of a company that has that mindset.

Cons

There is no perfect. Every job has its downsides...it is all about what you look for in your work. But for some people, the consistency of change at LEAP would be difficult. It's a shop that tweaks and tests and has a tendency to get restless if it isn't changing. But it's rarely boring here!

Continue reading

"Awesome mid-size agency environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time for less than a year

Pros

There's a notable lack of pretense; it's the type of place where you can come as you are (unless you have a client meeting or something), bring your dog to work... There's no "formality for formality's sake." The client base is growing and the agency continues to expand; LEAP now has offices in three states. It all points to a bright future. Beautiful building.

Cons

As with most agencies, the pace is quick but the standards for deliverables is high! There is no sacrificing quality. This is not the type of place where you can come into work hungover, distracted, or otherwise at less than 100%. There's no coasting. It can be a bit stressful. The Louisville office location is convenient but a little suburban.

"Excellent People, Awesome Work Environment, Great Jumping Point"

Current Employee - Senior Linux Systems Administrator in Louisville, KY

I have been working at LEAP full-time for more than a year

Pros

The pay is decent, but go in prepared to negotiate, don't low ball yourself. The company has an amazing working environment and atmosphere, the people are friendly and the culture is relaxed. Tees & Jeans are appropriate working attire for normal days. Dogs are allowed in the office, so be sure you don't have allergies, or plan to discuss this if you do. You won't find a better group of people to work with, everyone is friendly and you will make a lot of friends.

Cons

The company is small, so benefits are costly. There is no formal 401K Matching program, there is "Profit Sharing" but its not highly active. The work can be stressful with tight deadlines and a typically lean staff. Upper management is typically hands off on the day to day. Sick Days count against PTO and the vacation/holiday structure takes getting used to.

"A great place to work"

I have been working at LEAP full-time

Pros

Very laid back company culture, young, driven individuals

Cons

Compensation and benefits are lacking

8. "Smart People, Collaborative Environment"

I have been working at LEAP full-time

Pros

Really smart people who enjoy what they do. Fun, laid back environment. Leadership is open to new ideas. Dedication to process, but it doesn't stifle creativity - rather it helps keep everyone focused and accountable. Amazing depth of resources for research - gives every project a solid foundation.

Cons

Its a small business, so healthcare benefits are expensive.

9. "Great Company and Amazing CEO"

Former Employee - Account Executive in Cairo

I worked at LEAP full-time for less than a year

Pros

1- Great Management (Especially the CEO) 2- Flexible Working Hours on the daily basis 3- The work environment is fun 4-Great Colleagues (Especially the Graphic Designing Team) 5-Open Door Policy 6- Creativity 7- Working with big accounts 8- You get appreciated

Cons

1- The work nature is that you might need to work outdoors 2- You will work on weekends many days (but you take substitutions)

Continue reading
  10. "Freedom & Opportunity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

I have been working at LEAP full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The ownership at LEAP is empowering. There is a commitment to excellence and a willingness to invest in people, culture, and technology. If you have a big idea and a sound plan, chances are you'll find the support you need. There is a fun culture that embraces work from home days, dogs in the office, and happy hours. It truly is a work hard, play hard mentality. Creatively the sky is the limit. LEAP is un-afraid to pitch brave and bold creative ideas along with the responsible concepts. The driving point of view is Market Less Matter More. So if you can justify why something "matters more" there's a good chance it will be thoughtfully considered.

Cons

Collaboration between three locations Cincinnati, Louisville, and Indianapolis can sometimes be challenging. However, short commutes, video chat, and chat apps tend to be helpful.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 English Reviews