Gainsight Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 21 Jan 2020

4.3
Gainsight CEO Nick Mehta
Nick Mehta
Pros
  • "Open work environment/ transparency of company(in 18 reviews)

• "Gainsight is a growth engine within a still untapped and hungry Customer Success market(in 15 reviews)

Cons
  • "work/life balance can be looked at(in 10 reviews)

• "no cons noticed, being a statup to middle stage, the work is very much confined(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Hyderābād

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

So much open environment, unlimited scope to learn, child like joy. Politics free Environment and Helping nature from all around the Office.

Cons

Nothing to mention as negative

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

Gainsight2020-01-21
  2. "People First Organization"

Former Employee - Anonymous in Hyderābād

I worked at Gainsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent work culture. At Gainsight you might be working with some of the best Engg minds. It was my first organization, and I must say it provided me all round growth opportunity, my first basic learning was strengthened from here. A good organization must have some awesome leaders, and Gainsight is blessed to have them. Hope Gainsight continues to attract more such leaders in future.

Cons

None that I experienced in my tenure.

Gainsight2020-01-09
  3. "Human First Company Means You Get to be a Human First"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gainsight is a fast growing technology company that has all of the plusses and minuses that go with that type of business... except on the plus side of the equation. On the plus side, Gainsight does some things that frankly blow me away. Benefits are amazing but the HR team don't settle with just offering great benefits, they make sure everyone is getting the most out of them which is amazing. They also do some great things to make remote employees feel part of the culture and team. They have such a strong focus on their culture and Core Values, even with the exponential growth everyone in the teams are amazing to work with.

Cons

At times, things change so quickly it's easy to feel 'out of the loop' but the initiatives to improve communication and org structure are quickly minimizing this.

Advice to Management

Simplicity is Genius! Don't settle for a good idea explained in a complicated way, take the time to boil ideas down to their simplest form and nail them! Don't lose track of your Core Values, they are great! The faster you grow and change the more important they are, keep the focus here and the culture will stay amazing!

Gainsight2020-01-07
  4. "Terrible Sales and CS leadership"

Current Employee - Sales Representative in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

The CEO is strong - even if he has taken his eyes off the revenue picture. It's coming up to decade and while other SaaS companies have seen a massive run up in revenue curve, Gainsight's growth is anemic.

Cons

The sales and customer success leadership is terrible. the former can't execute and the latter is an empty suit more interested in promoting himself that actually working for the betterment of the business.

Advice to Management

bring in real leadership. this is much too good an opportunity to waste.

Gainsight2020-01-17
  5. "Best company I have ever worked for"

Current Employee - Client Outcomes Manager

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Tons of career development opportunities - CS Thought Leadership - Great work environment - Flexible work from home options

Cons

- Can't think of anything

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing

Gainsight2019-12-12
  6. "I live for our company values!"

Current Employee - Office Manager

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for less than a year

Pros

I have never felt more involved and valued for my work until I joined Gainsight. I really admire our company values and how I see our leadership team drive initiatives based on our values. My favorite value is Shoshin, a beginners mind. If I have an idea I think will bring value and meaning to my own development, my team and for the business I feel like my voice is heard and I’m motivated to run with it. I love the autonomy I have in my role and the people here make our culture unique.

Cons

Before joining Gainsight, I worked in the public sector where there was more structure in place and when I joined Gainsight I diffidently felt the tech startup environment which took some getting use to. I currently struggle with a work life balance because there is always work to be done and sometimes we need to evaluate new processes that will work. I can see how it can create stress for some, but that's why our company values play an important part in our everyday work. If you are up for new challenges to push yourself and love thinking of innovative ways to make an impact you will feel at home at Gainsight.

Gainsight2019-12-12
  7. "Best company I’ve ever worked for. Regret leaving!"

Former Employee - Sales

I worked at Gainsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

-The culture and people are great. Everyone is willing to help other people out. Great cross functional alignment across different business units. -Helping shape a new market and a new career for CSMs is rewarding. -Great brand recognition

Cons

-Sometimes tend to over correct too soon rather then give something a more lengthy look. -I can’t say too much else wrong.

Advice to Management

Leadership maybe too critical of themselves at times. Take a step back and appreciate all you’ve built!

Gainsight2019-11-12

"Great product. Work life balance is out the door."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Work from home leniency CEO is amazing!!

Cons

Over worked Unlimited PTO — short handed can’t utilize it. Nice on paper Company too focused on sales that it feels that all teams that are non-sales are just a forgotten thought. We in sales get recognized all the time, but I can’t recall the last time I heard of someone that is not in sales get recognition or any type of shout out. Turn over rate is crazy.

Advice to Management

Please follow the golden rule for general team members and teams. A simple shout out goes a very long way. To let those members know that “hey, you’re appreciated”.

Gainsight2019-11-19
  9. "Great company"

Former Employee - Solutions Engineer in Hyderābād

I worked at Gainsight full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great company to work for with great benefits, Golden rules

Cons

Nothing I can think of

Gainsight2019-11-07
  10. "Good Place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Hyderābād

I have been working at Gainsight full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great work environment - Flexible timings - Good Learning scope with different people around the world

Cons

No cons observed till now

Gainsight2019-10-29