Exemplis Reviews

Updated 24 May 2020

3.8
Exemplis Co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Paul DeVries  (no image)
Paul DeVries
Pros
Cons
  • "Very high turnover-especially of upper managers(in 4 reviews)

• "Just like most jobs workers act like they are still in high school and are immature(in 3 reviews)

1. "Product Development Engineer"

Former Employee - Product Development Engineer in Cypress, CA

I worked at Exemplis full-time for more than a year

Pros

organized engineering department, very trendy environment, corporate events are very fun

Cons

salary not competitive, limited employee training to develop career

2. "Awesome Culture"

Current Employee - CAD Designer in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Exemplis full-time for less than a year

Pros

A great environment to work in if you want to enjoy the people you see every day.

Cons

Structure and process aren't clearly defined as it's a growing company.

March 3, 2020Human Resources

Thank you for taking time to leave a review!

3. "Good...could be Great"

Former Employee - Senior Manager in Cypress, CA

I worked at Exemplis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great people. Casual & challenging work environment (made more challenging by the unpredictable changes in direction) with low bureaucracy and regular "fun" events

Cons

The founder, & current CEO, is a brilliant entrepreneur but can't trust anyone to take on true leadership roles

November 18, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on your experience working on the Exemplis team!

"Good compaany culture"

4.0
    Former Employee - Director of Operational Excellence

I worked at Exemplis full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Culture generally. Excellent people mostly

Cons

Senior Leadership needs to realize that not all their ideas are the best.

October 30, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! As we continue to grow, two of our greatest priorities are preserving the best of our culture while also trying to improve processes and procedures that may no longer benefit us. Things that worked 23 years ago for a company of just a few don't always work for a company of close to 1,000. We appreciate you being a part of our team and the impact you had in helping us elevate!

5. "Great place to work"

4.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Exemplis full-time

Pros

Upper management seems to care if you’re happy. They take your personal life into consideration, which is nice . Pretty good work life balance which is also a great perk. Also no micro management going on. Everyone has a job to do and know what’s expected of them, big plus

Cons

Some employees that are trying to be promoted talk behind people backs. It’s not high school people ! Everyone should be helping out not putting down. Other than that not much to say negative about the place but maybe a little higher pay .

September 18, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback. We're happy to hear our focus on work/life balance and our emphasis on accountability resonates with you! As we continue to grow we are always looking for new ways to ensure our team members stay balanced, inspired and developed. Happy to have you on our team!

6. "Cool Company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Exemplis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Culture, the owner is great

Cons

I am not a fan of the call center atmospher

September 18, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review!

"This Company is Great BUT.........."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Exemplis full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

10 paid holiday off a year Donuts and bagels every Friday Pay is good in SOME departments

Cons

Management Caddy employees Too many friend clicks and after a few weeks makes you feel VERY unwelcome Management Oh last thing MANAGEMENT!!!

August 2, 2019

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. As we grow, we are working hard to continue to have a great culture and we're glad to see areas like time off to spend with family and our Friday treats resonate with you. When it comes to leadership, we are putting focus in this area with increased training to help our managers lead in a way that is authentic to our culture and that elevates our business. We appreciate everything you do for us and thanks for being on the Exemplis team!!

"Fake Ratings Inflated by HR"

1.0

I have been working at Exemplis for more than 5 years

Pros

Lots of free food and booze

Cons

Middle management with no training. Gossiping HR and shady tactics. Don’t buy into all the fake positive reviews.

April 4, 2019

While we appreciate your thoughts, we hold honesty as one of our most important core values. We would never alter our reviews or post fabricated reviews on our Glassdoor site. We are committed to being a transparent employer – on this and all of our sites. Over the course of our 23 years as a company, we have always believed our greatest asset are our team members. As with most growth companies, we are continually working to build more formalized processes and programs that help lead our team to success today as well as in the future.

"Customer Experience Representative"

1.0
    Current Employee - Customer Experience Representative in Cypress, CA

I have been working at Exemplis full-time for more than a year

Pros

Awesome CEO, great company to work for, the future is bright with the many acquisitions and great products.

Cons

All the managers in CX have become complacent. There are no 1 on 1’s even though it’s a requirement. When provided feedback all management took it personal and have provided no assistance. There is no development, no help or guidance if wanting to grow within the departments. Really a shame, a year ago this department was killing it and had a lot of energy, now it’s depressing to go in and see how annoyed supervisors look because they can’t be in meetings all day. Unfortunate situation. Moving on to another department or company.

March 21, 2019

Thanks for your feedback! With our double-digit year over year growth, it is inevitable for us to look and feel a bit different than year's prior. Our goal is to provide everyone with the tools to navigate this exciting growth, but if you ever feel like we can be doing more to help, feel free to reach out to your HR Business Partner. They are there to help!

"A special company with a high performing team"

I have been working at Exemplis full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Employees act as members of a unified team. There is a high degree of collaboration and everyone can contribute toward success. The company is growing and management is not complacent.

Cons

Expect to work hard. Each person has contribution to make, so no place for someone looking to chill and ride on the efforts of others.

January 10, 2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave a review! We're firm believers that collaboration and hard work are part of the reason we've had success.

Found 60 reviews