Chill Insurance Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 3 Jan 2020

2.7
Chill Insurance CEO Michael McLaughlin
Michael McLaughlin
Pros
  • "It's a fun place to work and the sports and social provide good events(in 9 reviews)

• "The staff and Team leaders work very hard, this is the low of the low of the companies(in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • "If you have a spare hour to wait on hold to customer service to get through to unbelievably inexperienced staff well then chill is the place for you(in 13 reviews)

• "Turnover of staff across all levels of the business makes it difficult to establish any career path(in 6 reviews)

1. "Chill Insurance Graphic Designer Review"

Current Employee - Graphic Designer in Sandyford

I have been working at Chill Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

Chill Insurance is a leading company in the Insurance industry with a lot of long term insights and knowledge that can help teach anyone who works there helping them grow their skills to excel forward in their career. You get all the facilities and accessories you need to perform your job making it an enjoyable experience. The canteen provides you with space to enjoy your lunch with access to a free coffee machine with a multiple choice of fresh fruit. All of the staff are friendly and all take part in keeping a positive vibe in the building. There is a sports and social society available to all the staff which creates a sense of openness allowing all the staff to build on their relationships while having fun. Just off the M50.

Cons

Limited parking in the area. Lots of traffic on the M50 so best to commute via Bus/Luis if possible.

Chill Insurance2020-01-03
  2. "Dreadful"

I worked at Chill Insurance

Pros

Sports and Social is about it

Cons

CEO doesn’t care about the customer he just cares about getting the customer. After that for a customer you’re pretty much in trouble. If you have a spare hour to wait on hold to customer service to get through to unbelievably inexperienced staff well then chill is the place for you. Lost a lot of good team leaders and agents over the years but everyone one us ‘replaceable’ straight from the mouth of the CEO. Everyone got pulled into a meeting and were told basically if you aren’t happy here is the door.

Advice to Management

What’s the point? No one will ever listen to this. My advice would be to stop getting people to put on fake good reviews so that it gives a better reflection on the company. They asked me to put up a good review 6 months ago. Incredible

Chill Insurance2020-01-02
  3. "Analyst"

Current Employee - Analyst in Sandyford

I have been working at Chill Insurance full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Fast pace. Good environment to work. Great people.

Cons

Parking space difficult to find. Luas quite pack.

Chill Insurance2019-12-17
  4. "Web developer"

Former Employee - Web Developer

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time

Pros

Nice people co-workers. Pleasant atmosphere.

Cons

Old fashioned ideas with regard to work from home and rigidity with times for a tech job. Was more like working in old school finance for a tech person .

Advice to Management

For tech employees take a look at how other modern companies treat them

Chill Insurance2019-12-07
  5. "It's a start but no long term progression"

Former Employee - Team Leader in Sandyford

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

Education Good start to contact centre and sales environment

Cons

Employees viewed as resources and undervalued

Advice to Management

None, they have a model that works for them and they're happy to stick with it. While that's the case no advise will be considered

Chill Insurance2019-12-03
  6. "Great place to start career in Insurance!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Agent in Sandyford

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time for more than a year

Pros

- 14 different Insurers: great insight into various products -Benefits (Health Care & Pension) -Sociable Working hours (Customer Service: 9-6 Monday to Friday) -Sports&Social- loads of nights out, Child friendly events, In-house quiz nights & Escape room team events. -Competitive, young fun environment -Training was great-I had worked in Retail previously doing till work but Jade was amazing at training us. We spent 3 weeks in training with a mix of learning about Insurance and products that Chill sell. We took live calls with Jade in the Training Center before moving onto the floor. -Chill donuts wall filled with Krispy Kreme donuts I loved my team and was very sad to leave. I had plans to go travelling but would love to return to Chill if I move back to Ireland!

Cons

-Parking is hard to find -Location- Sandyford can be hard to get to if you are not on the Green Luas line

Chill Insurance2019-11-18
  7. "Chill has no chill"

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time

Pros

Compeditive environment melting pot of hyperactive selling of insurance

Cons

No chill at chill rotating door for employees out as quick as they came in

Advice to Management

Retain staff by treating them better

Chill Insurance2019-10-30
  8. "Worst Job I've ever had"

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time

Pros

Sports and social (but you can get an equally good s&s in most offices)

Cons

Honestly such a disaster to work for!!! I worked in customer care and I was told that I cared too much... There is no thought given to the customers at all. Managers only care about stats and not the quality of work. Managers refuse to take calls from frustrated customers, all this does is infuriate the customer more. I usally have quiet good mental health but I was really struggling when working in chill so I would advise anyone to stay away.

Advice to Management

Top management needs to do a total review of cc. Middle management can only do so much but there is not enough staff to deal with the high volume of calls

Chill Insurance2019-11-28
  9. "Treat us like children"

I have been working at Chill Insurance full-time

Pros

None really. See comments below.

Cons

At Chill, there have been many requests to senior management to get rid of the disposable cups. The CEO responded saying that it wouldn’t work because we won’t clean the “keep cups” that would replace them. Jeez - if the CEO has no trust in his staff, then it’s a lost cause!

Advice to Management

See above

Chill Insurance2019-11-03
  10. "One to remember"

Former Employee - Associate in Blackrock, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at Chill Insurance full-time for less than a year

Pros

People you work with . Occasionally good craic and laid back Atmosphere in the place

Cons

If your looking for a career or progression this is not the place for you . If your looking Nobody takes ownership for anything from general staff up to team leads and middle management . Some agents talk to customers in a demeaning manner . Service department is understand and constant extremely Long hold times cause customers to lash out daily . A lot of unstructured processes . Only recently got pension and healthcare last few months no sick pay and doctors letter is required for each day one is out meaning you get docked wages and have to go pay for a doctors letter if sick for one or two days . I could go on but frankly . The only reason one should look at a job in this place is if you are absolutely desperate and have no choice . A lot of changes need to happen for the culture of the place to become attractive for the RIGHT people to want to work here , but with that said they are probably happy with everything as it is . Salary is degrading also and Very hard to make a living if not earning commission .

Advice to Management

A lot of structural changes need to happen Processes in place Take care of customers Hire more staff where appropriate Keep staff happy - happy people better workplace Believe it or not you have a lot of unhappy staff that work their and bring their bad baggage to work effecting both staff and customers alike and it looks bad for everybody .

Chill Insurance2019-10-17