Carpetright Reviews

Found 149 of over 155 reviews

4.0
Carpetright Chief Executive Wilf Walsh
Wilf Walsh
Pros
  • "Flexibility / work life balance(in 9 reviews)

• "Commission good incentive, good pay extra hours(in 8 reviews)

• Cons
  • "Long hours, if you get a five minute break consider yourself lucky, and expected to start early/finish late(in 11 reviews)

• "No work/ life balance you're expected to work every Saturday and alternate Sundays(in 4 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 3 years

Retail Sales

Feb 24, 2020 - Sales Advisor in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Nice environment, opportunity to make money (it depend on your skills), good training, multicultural.

Cons

Work weekends, no career progress, commission is poor in comparison with competitors.

2. 3.0
      Former Employee, more than 5 years

Could Definitely Improve

May 12, 2021 - Deputy Manager in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Holidays, commission structure, helpfulness of staff and head office.

Cons

Hours, lack of upper management direction, disregard for staff safety during a pandemic, zero job security, health and safety issues, company is unwilling to upgrade or even update any of the stores in the ROI. The company practically ignores the ROI.

Carpetright Ltd

Thank you for your service and for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback and will certainly take it on board. If you would like to discuss any further, we would value your input - please get in touch with us at glassdoorreviews@carpetright.co.uk.

3. 4.0
      Former Employee, more than 3 years

Enjoyed my time

May 8, 2019 - Store Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent commission Friendly staff 25 days holidays

Cons

None that i can think of

4. 1.0

Unreal

Dec 29, 2017 - Sales Advisor in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

All gone. Cutting commissions before xmas

Cons

Cut commission christmas week. When other companies are now giving their hard working staff a rise, carpetright are cutting staff,s wages

5. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

They let me down and I wouldn't trust them with anything.

Apr 27, 2017 - Sales Advisor in Dublin, Dublin
      Business Outlook

Pros

Some staff are nice in other stores when covering. There are opportunities to gain more responsibilities and for promotions too.

Cons

They keep staff that are useless. No justice system whatsoever. Wages are bad. Expected to do way too much. No appreciation.

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

AVOID

Sep 5, 2015 - Assistant Store Manager in Mahon
      Business Outlook

Pros

Hard to find any. Made some good friends with other staff members. Feel sorry for them if they are still stuck working for this company

Cons

Where do I start! Money is terrible. Promises of non existent commission. More staff than customers. Company don't respect staff at all. All they want to know is how much you made for them. Closed a shop already in Ireland and more to follow if they keep up their business etiquette

7. 5.0
      Current Employee

wonderful company

Nov 24, 2021 - Buyer in Basildon, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

good salary family feel friendly team good hours

Cons

far from home parking space

Carpetright Response

Thank you for taking the time to leave your review! We pride ourselves on our culture of 'family' - thanks for your kind words.

8. 4.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

This is what a decent company should be like..

Nov 17, 2021 - Talent Acquisition Specialist in Purfleet, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

The People, The Support from the Team at all levels, Nothing is too much trouble, and the business is going places and has great investment.

Cons

Sadly have to pass probation in order to use the discount and need some flooring lol .... Nothing negative to mention from me.

Carpetright Response

It's great to hear you're enjoying your role with us, thank you for your continued hard work, it is very much appreciated!

9. 5.0

Great place to work

Nov 9, 2021 - Regional Manager in Eastbourne, England
      Business Outlook

Pros

Great Commission scheme. Good with people/customer service, then earning potential is huge. Try to promote from within.

Cons

Many vacancies at present, so can impact on service. But team work is excellent

Thanks for your review!

10. 5.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Great people that bring values to life

Nov 2, 2021 - Regional Manager
      Business Outlook

Pros

Its always the people of a company that bring values to life and I have found that in my team and the people around me. I have been supported on a more personal level when I needed It as a working parent and this is testament to a caring organisation. I have never worked with harder working, more dedicated front line staff than at Carpetright! I am often humbled by the length of service and commitment that store staff demonstrate. The company is fortunate enough to have some amazing investment giving us not just sustainability on retail stores but some exciting and progressive plans for the future.

Cons

Industry challenges regarding recruitment make resource issues difficult for training and support of our colleagues

Viewing 1 - 10 of 149 Reviews