CVS Health Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

2.8
CVS Health President and CEO Larry J. Merlo
Larry J. Merlo
5,882 Ratings
Pros
  • "CVS has offered me flexible hours that allowed me to work part time while also being a full time student(in 554 reviews)

• "Pay is decent and flexible schedule(in 541 reviews)

Cons
  • "No potential growth opportunity as a pharmacist(in 691 reviews)

• "Upper management doesn’t understand the store’s needs and will ask for things your store may not be able to provide(in 577 reviews)

1. "Pharmacy Tech"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

Great coworkers, pharmacists were very patient

Cons

Understaffed about 90 percent of the time. New employees are clueless and we are unable to train them because of understaffing.

Advice to Management

Training for new employees needs to be revised. Many new employees unless working in the field previously were clueless. Possibly a mock pharmacy would do better than showing videos and lectures that did not help.

CVS Health2019-10-22

"Ok"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than a year

Pros

The discounts and the training are beneficial

Cons

Management, lack of staff support, no work life balance, schedule

CVS Health2019-11-20

"Pharmacy manager"

I worked at CVS Health full-time

Pros

It's better if you are single with no family to take care of

Cons

They don't give you enough help and always ask you to attend unnecessary stupid meeting without pay.

Advice to Management

Please compensate your employee properly if you want them to overwork.

CVS Health2016-04-25

"15 year manager"

Store Manager in Orlando, FL

I worked at CVS Health

Pros

I learned a lot working there as far as how to run a business as well as how to develop a team. I had one of the most successful teams in the company ranking as the top store year over year in two separate markets, one in the Northeast one in the Southeast. I was a paragon winner with the company as well. My most recent DM was very supportive. I genuinely thank them for the opportunity and the knowledge that I acquired while working with them.

Cons

Work hours were excessive. To be successful hours worked were borderline slavery. While I willingly worked them to be successful, the week you didn't you were immediately behind. Vacations were almost non existent due to constant visitors from corporate stopping in to do reviews. Holiday weeks were paid 4 days regular 1 holiday and you worked all 5. The facade of the stores looking great when these people stop by versus the reality of the business is polarizing. There were always teams of people and excessive expenditures of payroll thrown into stores prior to their visits. While I understood the need to make an appearance, it was always will always be a backwards way off thinking. Company preaches quality of life for their clients while quality of life for their employees is non-existent. As a "manager" in your average store you will be "managing" a total of one person during your shift, with a total of 10 people at location. Location open hours will exceed total payroll hours ie Sun-Sat 7am-10pm = 15hrs per day x 7 days x 2 people = 210 hrs which excludes the need to have a person unload deliveries that come in during non opened hours. Your budgeted hours will be approximately 208 hrs. I will only mention that during the month of December that there are extended hours for the stores but no budgeted hours to accommodate. Stores are held to strict shrink targets with little to no control over external theft. Remember 2 people at location, if four people enter to steal there is nothing you can do to stop them. These are facts not personal prejudices.

Advice to Management

Revisit business structure. Employ cost cutting at a higher level, not at a store level otherwise you will compromise the business. If DMs are losing company vehicles so should RMs. Loss Prevention should be completely eliminated due to the fact they are ineffective and non-impactful; they are a voice with no power. I challenge corporate figures to walk into stores unannounced to anyone to really see what happens in the average minimum hours location. I make this challenge knowing that they will not as this is of no interest to them. At corporate level within the company they have never managed a location so they have no understanding. I do not fault them they are well educated and were placed into their positions.

CVS Health2014-12-13
  5. "Good"

Current Employee - Outlet Market Merchant in West Caldwell, NJ

I have been working at CVS Health full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

You are free to exercise your leadership skills.

Cons

The yearly raise is not significant. However they do try to keep up to pay associates more than the industry average

CVS Health2020-01-24
  6. "Fast-paced environment keeps you on your toes!"

Current Employee - Consultative Sales

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Always something new to learn RX Managers are always really nice and accommodating

Cons

Cranky customers Unreasonable metrics Minimal employee discount

CVS Health2020-01-24

"Good job for part time work, but management is horrible."

Current Employee - Agronomy Intern in Dearborn, MI

I have been working at CVS Health part-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great pay and oppurtunity for promotion. Works great with school schedule.

Cons

Had 3 store managers in the 3 years I worked there. Not enough hours to hire more employees, usually there are only 2 people on a shift for the whole store not including pharmacy.

CVS Health2020-01-22
  8. "Great job for gaining experience in this type of field, but as an employee, you’re just a number!"

Former Employee - Customer Care Representative I in Knoxville, TN

I worked at CVS Health full-time for less than a year

Pros

Competitive pay, good benefits, supportive coworkers and management, learn a lot

Cons

Micromanagement, unable to fully assist the member due to the way your calls are graded (literally everything counts against you making it very hard to advance to CCR II/CCR III), there is absolutely NO family life balance... they do not care what you have going on outside of the job, no matter how good your call was or how happy the member was at the end of the call... they will tell you that you did a good job, but then they basically tell you that you didn’t do it good enough... there’s always something wrong!

Advice to Management

Lighten up! One of the main reasons that I left was because I didn’t feel like I could do the job good enough, although the members were always very satisfied at the end of my calls, and wanted to know how they could give me a good review... it seemed like there was no pleasing my Supervisor!!

CVS Health2020-01-23
  9. "Helping the community"

Former Employee - Pharmacist

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Patients, co-workers, pay, diversity, gender equality

Cons

Distance, Hours, Stress, Not enough resources to help patients, Don't feel like a valued employee

CVS Health2020-01-22
  10. "Pharmacy technician"

Former Employee - Consultative Sales in Brooklyn, NY
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at CVS Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Friendly crew and customers (when they’re not waiting for scripts)

Cons

Short staffing at times which can lead to Poor service and upset patients. (Downward spiral)

Advice to Management

Invest more in good employees

CVS Health2020-01-23