ByrneLooby Reviews

ByrneLooby Managing Director John Byrne
John Byrne
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Fast paced environment that also cares about work life balance

Sep 8, 2021 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Career progression opportunities. Challenging work, great project opportunities available that you wouldn't normally get the chance to get involved in within other companies, managers and other teams are always willing to help. Forward thinking - the flexible work opportunity allows me to balance my work and home life, something that my previous employers never provided me with. Opportunity to work creatively, ideas are always listened to and valued. The benefit package is competitive.

Cons

The workload is continuously busy, but that can be taken as a positive for most.

2. 5.0

Good employer

Aug 28, 2021 - Project Engineer in Cork
    Business Outlook

Pros

5 years with the company. Overall happy.

Cons

None worth talking about really

3. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Great progression opportunities

Aug 29, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

I’ve been working at ByrneLooby for a number of years and thoroughly enjoy the challenges and have been given great opportunities to progress. Salaries are competitive and benefits are getting better year on year

Cons

Few cons to speak of

4. 5.0

Good Place to work

Jul 27, 2021 - Project Manager in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Lots of Benefits and professional support

Cons

None at present that I see

5. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good

Feb 3, 2021 - Accounting in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good to work for was grand

Cons

Focus on workers more than coffee

6. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Workplace Review

Feb 2, 2021 - Graduate Engineering Geologist in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment lots of place to develop as an individual

Cons

Nothing that come to my mind at the moment

7. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Employer

Jan 15, 2021 - IT Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great encouragement to develop Good company culture Well managed at a senior level Genuine feeling of care for staff during COVID Good work-life balance with work from home flexibility Positive financial outlook

Cons

Inter-office communication could be improved

8. 5.0

Excellent Company to Develop as an Engineer

Oct 25, 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support from senior staff. Great support and encouragement in relation to career development. Healthy work environment with positive and friendly colleagues. Great commitment and resource allocation in relation to staff social events.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

9. 4.0

Fantastic Employer

May 17, 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

A friend of mine called today and informed me that I should look at Glassdoor as someone had put up some negative comments about ByrneLooby. While everyone is entitled to their opinion I wholeheartedly disagree with them. I am currently employed in the Finance Dept. for the past eight months so I thought I would put down in writing for all to see what my experience to-date is. Positives; • Always a friendly atmosphere. • Morale within Finance and the overall company is fantastic. • Great working conditions. • Great people. • Growing Company. • Excellent team members and team spirit. • Excellent Career progression. • Flexible with annual leave. • Compassionate employer. • Pension & Healthcare related benefits are very good. Not only are the above points 100% true, there is a willingness from Senior Management to assist you in any way possible. They are always approachable, will go above and beyond to assist you and will mentor/coach you to ensure that you can progress to the betterment of your own career and personal goals. The company is growing as can be seen with two acquisitions within the last year which is not only exciting it shows to me they want to be market leaders in their field and the firm of choice in Consultancy Engineering. Yes, the job is challenging (whose job isn’t?) but with the help and assistance of the team I work with as well as a massive onus been put on team ethic, we all help each other. In conclusion, my time here in ByrneLooby has been great, I thoroughly enjoy my job, the people I work with and report to so I couldn’t ask for anything better. If you want to pursue a career be it in Finance or Consultancy Engineering I would highly recommend working here.

Cons

In all honesty no cons at all.

ByrneLooby Response

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a wonderful review. We value our employee's thoughts and opinions and welcome listening to the experiences they had with ByrneLooby. As a business, we continually want to improve and get better and better.

10. 5.0

Civil Engineering Consultancy

May 20, 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work with challenging projects and plenty of encouragement for personal development, giving a huge amount of job satisfaction. The management style encourages delegation, giving everyone the opportunity to interact with the clients. We are encouraged to learn more and develop our engineering expertise, with a combination of internal meetings and attendance at external seminars and talks.

Cons

Working for contractor clients means that the designs have to be efficient in order to win work and gain repeat orders from the clients. The projects have to be delivered on time to our clients.

2 people found this review helpful

ByrneLooby Response

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Firstly, thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We value our employee's thoughts and opinions and welcome listening to the experiences they had with ByrneLooby. I am not entirely sure working for contractors and ensuring work is efficient and done well is a con.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 22 Reviews