ByrneLooby Reviews

Current Employee, more than 5 years

Fantastic Employer

15 Jan 2021 - IT Engineer in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great encouragement to develop Good company culture Well managed at a senior level Genuine feeling of care for staff during COVID Good work-life balance with work from home flexibility Positive financial outlook

Cons

Inter-office communication could be improved

2. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Workplace Review

2 Feb 2021 - Graduate Engineering Geologist in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Friendly environment lots of place to develop as an individual

Cons

Nothing that come to my mind at the moment

3. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 5 years

Good

3 Feb 2021 - Accounting in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Good to work for was grand

Cons

Focus on workers more than coffee

4. 5.0

Excellent Company to Develop as an Engineer

25 Oct 2019 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

Excellent support from senior staff. Great support and encouragement in relation to career development. Healthy work environment with positive and friendly colleagues. Great commitment and resource allocation in relation to staff social events.

Cons

Nothing that comes to mind.

5. 5.0

Civil Engineering Consultancy

20 May 2016 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

A great place to work with challenging projects and plenty of encouragement for personal development, giving a huge amount of job satisfaction. The management style encourages delegation, giving everyone the opportunity to interact with the clients. We are encouraged to learn more and develop our engineering expertise, with a combination of internal meetings and attendance at external seminars and talks.

Cons

Working for contractor clients means that the designs have to be efficient in order to win work and gain repeat orders from the clients. The projects have to be delivered on time to our clients.

2 people found this review helpful

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Firstly, thank you for taking the time out to leave a review. We value our employee's thoughts and opinions and welcome listening to the experiences they had with ByrneLooby. I am not entirely sure working for contractors and ensuring work is efficient and done well is a con.

6. 4.0

Fantastic Employer

17 May 2017 -
    Business Outlook

Pros

A friend of mine called today and informed me that I should look at Glassdoor as someone had put up some negative comments about ByrneLooby. While everyone is entitled to their opinion I wholeheartedly disagree with them. I am currently employed in the Finance Dept. for the past eight months so I thought I would put down in writing for all to see what my experience to-date is. Positives; • Always a friendly atmosphere. • Morale within Finance and the overall company is fantastic. • Great working conditions. • Great people. • Growing Company. • Excellent team members and team spirit. • Excellent Career progression. • Flexible with annual leave. • Compassionate employer. • Pension & Healthcare related benefits are very good. Not only are the above points 100% true, there is a willingness from Senior Management to assist you in any way possible. They are always approachable, will go above and beyond to assist you and will mentor/coach you to ensure that you can progress to the betterment of your own career and personal goals. The company is growing as can be seen with two acquisitions within the last year which is not only exciting it shows to me they want to be market leaders in their field and the firm of choice in Consultancy Engineering. Yes, the job is challenging (whose job isn’t?) but with the help and assistance of the team I work with as well as a massive onus been put on team ethic, we all help each other. In conclusion, my time here in ByrneLooby has been great, I thoroughly enjoy my job, the people I work with and report to so I couldn’t ask for anything better. If you want to pursue a career be it in Finance or Consultancy Engineering I would highly recommend working here.

Cons

In all honesty no cons at all.

Talent Acquisition Manager

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a wonderful review. We value our employee's thoughts and opinions and welcome listening to the experiences they had with ByrneLooby. As a business, we continually want to improve and get better and better.

7. 4.0

Great Employer

8 Aug 2015 - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    Business Outlook

Pros

Growing company Good vision Develop employees skills Access to directors

Cons

Office location Limited work diversity outside the fields of Geotech and Water

Senior Talent Acquisition Specialist

Thank you for your wonderful review. ByrneLooby has some fantastic growth plans for the future and its our employees that continue to take us from strength to strength. Keep up the great work!

8. 4.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

Grad Structural Engineer

10 Jun 2021 - Graduate Structural Engineer in Manchester, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

Wide experience in range of projects

Cons

Reasonably small office, however in good location

9. 4.0
    Current Employee

Great company, great team, great atmosphere.

1 Jun 2021 - Structural Engineer in Belfast, Northern Ireland, Northern Ireland
    Business Outlook

Pros

Forward thinking, staff focused, small enough that the directors know practically everyone. Major projects in UK, Ireland and Middle East. Good social aspect too.

Cons

Does get very busy and stressful at times.

10. 4.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

Good company to work for

16 Feb 2021 - Design Engineer in Guildford, England, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

People, pay, work ethic, variety

Cons

tight deadlines, progression,direction from mid management

Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Reviews