BearingPoint Reviews

Updated 29 Jul 2020

3.6
BearingPoint Managing Partner Kiumars Hamidian (no image)
Kiumars Hamidian
Pros
Cons
  • "Senior management not feeling accountable for anything, delegating most of the tasks to junior staff(in 30 reviews)

• "This company filed bankruptcy in 2009(in 23 reviews)

1. "Lots of really talented people working here and a genuinely positive work atmosphere."

Current Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

The work is interesting and varied. There are opportunities to up-skill and to explore different fields of work. Colleagues at all levels are very approachable and always willing to support you. Great social scene, lots of staff events and initiatives. For cyclists, there is secure bike parking, repair stations and showers with towel service.

Cons

After five years working there I don't have any cons.

2. "Fantastic place to work, management are comitted to ensuring you are supported & provided with opportunities to develop"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Very strong, people-centric culture Interesting and varied work Great people Competitive salary and benefits

Cons

No cons over 5 years working here

3. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good Pay and Benefits Good Social Scene Colleagues helpful and easy to work with Great place to develop Great focus on employee wellbeing

Cons

Work life balance at times

4. "Technology consultant"

Former Employee - Consultant in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at BearingPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Excellent working environment, great sick aspect within company

Cons

Too much HR performed reviews and meetings

5. "Working at BearingPoint"

4.0

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time

Pros

Interesting projects and great people

Cons

Workload is often determined by pipeline

6. "Technology Consultant"

2.0
    No Opinion of CEO

I worked at BearingPoint full-time

Pros

The people are great - well chosen by the recruitment team. Upper management is approachable. Good work events and sports and social club. Good perks with gym membership and healthcare.

Cons

Much the same as the other reviews on here. Salary isn't great, tech stack on projects is often outdated, very long bench time. Upper management is old fashioned in their views.

BearingPoint Response

January 29, 2020Marketing

Thank you for your feedback and positive comments. It is unusual for a member of our Technology group to be on the bench for extended periods and on the rare occasion it does happen, we take time to find the right role for an individual, rather than just trying to get them off the bench for the sake of it. The technologies we use on some projects are stipulated by our clients, many are leading-edge, others are less so. We are currently working with a number of clients developing highly technical solutions to varying degrees of scale and complexity, both on cloud and on-premise, using a very wide range of technology frameworks and tools We are constantly reviewing our compensation package in the context of ever-changing demands for talent. Our salaries are benchmarked annually against the Tech industry and based on this data and recent hiring levels, we are confident our salaries (as well as bonus and benefits programmes) are at market. We have varying dress codes in place depending on whether staff are working on client site or in the office. Our performance management programme was overhauled a couple of years ago – this was a staff-led initiative and the CPA continues to receive really positive feedback. Career progression is at the heart of our Continuous Performance Assessment programme and is based on merit rather than time at level. Thanks again for your feedback and we wish you well in the future.

7. "Great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Diverse range of clients Work with the latest technologies Diverse workforce Excellent social events Opportunities to progress your career

Cons

Parking can be an issue Working from home not always an option if on client site

8. "Nice place to work!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Interesting & challenging projects. Great attitude to clients. Great opportunities to progress and grow. Diverse workforce. Open management style.

Cons

Very few. Perhaps a lack of opportunity to work from home due to client facing work

9. "Technology Anaylst"

4.0
    Current Employee - Technology Analyst in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than a year

Pros

Friendly people, nice work environment

Cons

Older technology, sometimes long benchtime

"Good people, mixed work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin
    No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at BearingPoint full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The people are excellent, the benefits package is good. Not much overtime required.

Cons

The pay falls behind what the market offers and good people leave. People get stuck on projects for years and don't have much say in it. Sometimes caught up in bureaucratic and outdated processes internally. Some projects have stale tech stacks or bad management. Training is mostly an afterthought other than being expected to do 40 hours of it. Limited use of remote working and other modern ways of working.

BearingPoint Response

September 6, 2019Marketing

Thanks you for your feedback. We’re glad to hear you enjoyed our people-oriented culture as well as our benefits package. Regarding project rotation; our teams move between projects regularly and if a team member wishes to move to another project ahead of schedule, it’s important to discuss that with their Development Manager so that we can put a plan in place to make it happen. We also publish a list of open roles to the team so that staff can express an interest in particular areas to their Managers. We actively pursue projects with modern tech stacks and leading edge tools that make a real difference for clients. Sometimes, when a client is working on large legacy systems, it’s not possible for us or the client to choose a more modern alternative. Thankfully for our teams and our clients, this is the exception rather than the norm. As it’s in everyone’s interest for our staff to develop skills and qualifications, staff are expected to discuss an individual training plan with their Managers during their goal-setting meetings and to drive their training plans themselves based on what they are specifically interested in. We have an extensive training curriculum (including certifications) for all staff including coaching, mentoring as well as conferences and events. We know employees need flexibility and the Working from Home policy is designed to accommodate personal requirements where client work can facilitate this. Thanks again for your feedback. We wish you well in your career.

Found 620 reviews