Axway Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Patrick Donovan
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Cool products/projects to work on Talented team Good location Truly awesome HR and management Ergonomic work areas in most of the office Pretty view of the Royal Canal Best office coffee : ) Really nice office environment with great people

Cons

Can't think of any in particular. Perhaps invest more on new technologies the teams need to use.

Axway2019-04-05
  2. "Full Stack Developer"

No Opinion of CEO

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

- Great stack of technology is cutting edge of the current state of the art - Flexible hours - You can work remotely 2 days per week

Cons

- Managers don't protect team and they don't explain why or the political reasons to do this.

Axway2019-02-09

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than a year

Pros

- nice colleagues - work from home policy

Cons

- strategy changes every few weeks - extremely siloed environment (teams master reinventing wheels on a daily basis) - very poor system and software engineering practices (stay away if you are keen to learn and advance in the craft) - red tape everywhere, bureaucracy, very slow moving (hey, it's French company!) - product owners and managers sound clueless in regard to software products development, modern... development techniques and engineering practices - too many people are suffering from "prima donnaism" - very high turnover rate

Advice to Management

French management don't take advise. "They know best!"

Axway2017-11-19

"Best Company I worked for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Very good work life balance. Possibility to work from home 2 days per week Flexible working hours Nice tech stack. Java, Python, Docker, AWS, Linux People are very nice, I didn't hear any fights or shouting Company is listening to what people have to say and takes action Parties and nights out are organized regularly Dublin management is very approachable and easy to talk to. It feels like they are your... team mates.

Cons

To meet some regulations required by some very important customers, the development process is slow. Too many steps until the code reaches production. Not clear what is the company mission.

Advice to Management

When communicating to employees use a simpler language. Try not to sell that much and make the message you try to transmit simpler and concise.

Axway2017-08-15

"Great work life balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great experience and amazing people to work. Its a great place to improve your Agile, Java and DevOps skills. Good compensation.The best job I've ever had and the best place

Cons

Lack of training with the main office. Please do a better job communicating and demonstrating you are fighting for us as we are fighting for you!

Advice to Management

Improve the communication with the employees about the company future vision

Axway2016-11-02

"Transforming"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Working hard to align a diverse portfolio into a congruent suite of products. Plenty of scope for career growth, travel.

Cons

A lot of legacy bureaucracy procedures and processes that need to be reviewed or abandoned. The diverse development centers can be a boon to creativity but they need to be managed better so that people believe they're all on the same team.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the goals and make sure that it's more than just powerpoint slides. Keep the message consistent and reward the workforce as this goals are approved.

Axway2016-01-31

"Good people, great customers, coaching environment"

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people, great customers, coaching environment

Cons

Some technologies need to be upgraded for some products

Advice to Management

Better financial compensation package

Axway2014-02-20

"Cloud Engineer"

Former Employee - Cloud Engineer in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Nice office, Good management, Good benefits, Long time AWS shop started with AWS in 2011. Stable products. Good teams. Collaborative environment. Not stressful.

Cons

Timelines for some projects are tight. A few large challenging customers. Lots of data centers. They use a tool called Icinga which I was not impressed with.

Advice to Management

Send more of the engineers to AWS training prior to asking them to do work in the AWS environments.

Axway2019-09-14
  9. "Great company with great people!"

Current Employee - IT Security in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

The interviews and on-boarding process went very smooth. Working with the internal recruiting team was a pleasure. I had 2 phone interviews, one in person interview, and then a competitive offer . Recruiter Steve even came to meet me before my in person interview with Management. On-boarding with a member of the "People and Culture" team was informative and made me feel right at home. Laptop and other equipment... was provided the first day so I could hit the ground running. The facilities are clean and well stocked with free coffee, tea, and a soda fountain. There are also vending machines and good size cafeteria for eating lunch and conversing with co-workers. All in all, the work life balance here is one of the best I have seen. There is also a great group of individuals working here that are super friendly and always smiling. Great conversation and laughter is always a plus when you're at work.

Cons

Scheduling meetings with over seas co-workers is a bit challenging with small windows of opportunity. But so far, no major complaints.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. Anonymous yearly employee engagement surveys are a great way to put your finger on the pulse of the employees.

Axway2019-09-17
  10. "Excellent New Hire Experience, A Great Company!"

Current Employee - Account Executive in Johnson City, TN

I have been working at Axway full-time for less than a year

Pros

Axway has provided an astounding number of resources to ensure my journey as a new hire is successful and encourages longevity. The most impressive part of this process has been the nuturing and encouraging support staff providing an exceptional level of patience and assistance. I have witnessed an unparalleled amount of professionism with my peers and leadership. My Manager did an excellent job of reconizing my... skill set and experience and provided a relevant road map to success identifying example use cases and how to promote products to my key targets.

Cons

Upon introducing Axway to prospects, I'm finding that the company does not have a recognizable brand. When prospects visit the website, they don't have a good understanding of our products and services and tend to get overwhelmed.

Advice to Management

It would be helpful to provide product training that is more specific to the type of client and include multiple use case examples. The initial Sales Boot Camp is very product intensive. I would like to see it focus more on scenairos that turned into successful sales.

Axway2019-08-19