Axway Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Patrick Donovan
  1. "Great place to work"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time

Pros

Cool products/projects to work on Talented team Good location Truly awesome HR and management Ergonomic work areas in most of the office Pretty view of the Royal Canal Best office coffee : ) Really nice office environment with great people

Cons

Can't think of any in particular. Perhaps invest more on new technologies the teams need to use.

Axway2019-04-05
  2. "Full Stack Developer"

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

- Great stack of technology is cutting edge of the current state of the art - Flexible hours - You can work remotely 2 days per week

Cons

- Managers don't protect team and they don't explain why or the political reasons to do this.

Axway2019-02-09

"A Sinking Ship"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

- nice colleagues - work from home policy

Cons

- strategy changes every few weeks - extremely siloed environment (teams master reinventing wheels on a daily basis) - very poor system and software engineering practices (stay away if you are keen to learn and advance in the craft) - red tape everywhere, bureaucracy, very slow moving (hey, it's French company!) - product owners and managers sound clueless in regard to software products development, modern development...

Advice to Management

French management don't take advise. "They know best!"

Axway2017-11-19

"Best Company I worked for"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Very good work life balance. Possibility to work from home 2 days per week Flexible working hours Nice tech stack. Java, Python, Docker, AWS, Linux People are very nice, I didn't hear any fights or shouting Company is listening to what people have to say and takes action Parties and nights out are organized regularly Dublin management is very approachable and easy to talk to. It feels like they are your team...

Cons

To meet some regulations required by some very important customers, the development process is slow. Too many steps until the code reaches production. Not clear what is the company mission.

Advice to Management

When communicating to employees use a simpler language. Try not to sell that much and make the message you try to transmit simpler and concise.

Axway2017-08-15

"Great work life balance"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

Great experience and amazing people to work. Its a great place to improve your Agile, Java and DevOps skills. Good compensation.The best job I've ever had and the best place

Cons

Lack of training with the main office. Please do a better job communicating and demonstrating you are fighting for us as we are fighting for you!

Advice to Management

Improve the communication with the employees about the company future vision

Axway2016-11-02

"Transforming"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

Working hard to align a diverse portfolio into a congruent suite of products. Plenty of scope for career growth, travel.

Cons

A lot of legacy bureaucracy procedures and processes that need to be reviewed or abandoned. The diverse development centers can be a boon to creativity but they need to be managed better so that people believe they're all on the same team.

Advice to Management

Keep communicating the goals and make sure that it's more than just powerpoint slides. Keep the message consistent and reward the workforce as this goals are approved.

Axway2016-01-31

"Good people, great customers, coaching environment"

I worked at Axway full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Good people, great customers, coaching environment

Cons

Some technologies need to be upgraded for some products

Advice to Management

Better financial compensation package

Axway2014-02-20
  8. "A New Vision, very good working environment"

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than a year

Pros

Transparency, Work-Life balance, Nice friendly people, Everyone trying hard for the same vision to be leader in data integration platform, Lot of new products for the same vision. HR team is very transparent and the benefits, policies, immigration. Company allows good amount of time for the learning curve.

Cons

Nothing really. One thing I can think of, there too many confusing title and department, direction to the product improvement/building is not clear. Need more innovation in product development.

Advice to Management

Nothing at this moment

Axway2019-04-25
  9. "Company is changing"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Remote, OR

I have been working at Axway full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Axway has an open culture and is moving to a data driven culture. Customer Success mentality and processes have been adopted by every team. Colleagues share information and help you. Product Portfolio is improving. Company has clear goals and is investing.

Cons

We are transforming and sometimes transforming is challenging. Administrative tasks need more automation.

Advice to Management

Keep up the transparency. #bettertogether

Axway2019-04-23
  10. "On-boarding New Hire Experience"

Current Employee - Renewal Specialist I in Phoenix, AZ

I have been working at Axway full-time

Pros

I've just recently started with Axway in February and the entire experience has been extremely organized, professional and very smoothly run. Since I've been here I've already met so many co-workers from other departments through some really fun social events that Axway has put on. My training program has been extremely helpful, structured and collaborative. I love the people and I've enjoyed being looped in by the management...

Cons

I can't think of any at the moment to be completely honest...maybe a little bit more detailed hands-on training on the products that the Renewals team works with.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing :)

Axway2019-04-16