Asana Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

Updated 19 Dec 2019

4.8
Asana Co-Founder Dustin Moskovitz
Dustin Moskovitz
Pros
  • "Great focus on work life balance(in 25 reviews)

• "Extremely mindful culture focused on doing things right(in 24 reviews)

Cons
  • "Sometimes decision making takes too long(in 6 reviews)

• "Nontraditional business hierarchical system, can take some time getting used to navigating(in 6 reviews)

1. "Amazing!"

Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Asana full-time for more than a year

Pros

The culture and the people

Cons

I didn't find any cons so far.

Asana2019-09-29

"Amazing culture, benefits, and company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Asana full-time for more than a year

Pros

- the people & management - benefits (amazing food) and other perks - working with a great product

Cons

- still a small company and there are constantly a lot of changes

Asana2019-09-13

"Smoke and Mirrors"

I worked at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good Benefits - Salary, Health, Free food etc Some great people

Cons

How the company is presented is not what it's like on the inside Passive aggressiveness is the norm Cultish vibe Unfortunately this company is not all it's cracked up to be. If you are starting out your career, it could suit you, but don't go here if you've any experience behind you, it won't matter. It's the Asana way or the highway. Diversity & inclusion goes out the window, they may have the stats, but realistically, you have to learn to talk in a certain way & act in certain way to survive (you do get coaching on this, which is weird in itself).

Advice to Management

You are running a business, not a yoga hub. Get some senior, experienced professionals in to help you, then let them manage the change required. Communication via Asana product as the company grows is not working, it suits some, but not all - stop the keyboard warriors & the trolls, they passive aggressively crush people. It's creating a toxic environment & you can't even see it.

Asana2019-09-19
  4. "A wonderful place to work"

I have been working at Asana

Pros

- Everybody is *so* passionate about the shared goals that we all work towards. It’s infectious and keeps me positively motivated. - The company cares about its staff. Genuinely. - Everything is incredibly well organized and everybody knows what they’re supposed to be doing.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind, to be honest.

Advice to Management

Nothing comes to mind. Keep up the good work!

Asana2019-01-31

"Love Asana!"

Current Employee - Recruiting/People Ops in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Great people - Amazing product - Fast paced - Strong focus - Thoughtful culture

Cons

Honestly cannot think of any right now.

Advice to Management

Keep going as you are and maintain a strong focus on hiring people who can move the dial as we grow along with keeping this incredible culture.

Asana2018-10-08

"Best Job I've Ever Had"

Current Employee - User Operations in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Asana full-time for more than a year

Pros

Mindfulness is a buzzword at a lot of companies right now, but Asana is genuinely committed to making sure that people have a good work/life balance, and I think that people here really believe that this balance promotes productivity rather than hindering it. I've never worked somewhere where it honestly feels like so many people are contributing to building something bigger together, and not just that they're fighting to have an individual contribution recognized while keeping their head above water. A lot of that is represented in the product itself - since we're all using Asana every day we're geared towards collaboration in a way that I think is rare. After being here over a year I still really believe in the product, in the business strategy the company is pursuing, and in my colleagues too.

Cons

As with most tech companies, there's a very flat structure which can make progression feel difficult or opaque, and a certain amount of initiative is required in finding interesting projects to work on. If you're comfortable with expanding your skills and have a manager who is sensitive to these needs though, it's much less of a problem.

Advice to Management

As we grow bigger it's important to think about how we can encourage progression and retention. With more teams there's more room to transfer laterally, but with greater specialization it's also harder to do effectively! This is especially important in remote offices. Progression needs to be meaningful too - title changes with little or no shift in responsibilities can cause more problems then they solve.

Asana2017-01-18

"A new world of work was opened up to me!"

Current Employee - User Operations Specialist in Dublin, Dublin

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

Asana has created a culture of inclusivity and openness. You can bring 100% of your quirkiness to the table and it will be embraced. Communication is honest and open. Remote offices are included in the day to day of the parent office as much as is humanly possible and senior management have their finger on the pulse!

Cons

Not a huge opportunity for progression in remote offices but this is balanced with development opportunities and education.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing and don't ever stop!

Asana2016-03-11
  8. "Fantastic Company!"

Current Employee - Software Engineer

I have been working at Asana full-time

Pros

The best thing about Asana for me are the people. Not only is everyone world class at their craft, but they are also exceptionally kind and mindful. Our culture is truly unique. Leadership is extremely transparent and information is shared freely- e.g. we receive monthly updates about the state of our business and finances. It's super gratifying to build a tool that helps so many teams around the world. Our business is very healthy and we're growing quickly. ...and we have amazing perks!

Cons

Sometimes it's hard to figure out how responsibilities are shared and distributed. While we care about diversity a lot, at the moment we hardly have any employees over the age of 35, let alone 40. Also, I'm ruined for life. I'm not sure if I'll ever enjoy work as much anywhere else.

Advice to Management

Please continue to keep the culture alive as we're scaling.

Asana2016-02-12
  9. "Impact, responsibility, and really exciting work"

Current Employee - Head of Security in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Asana full-time for less than a year

Pros

- The Area of Responsibility system is excellently designed and - The Security team is highly respected and influential and often consulted - Plenty of budget for what Security needs while not being silly about spending - Extremely mindful culture focused on doing things right

Cons

- Slightly more formal than other places in terms of workplace interactions - Lots of focus on writing well and adding nuance (which is often a good thing) - Typical growing pains of a rapidly scaling company

Advice to Management

Brag more about how cool of a company you've built! More people need to know about Asana.

Asana2019-12-19
  10. "Company of my dreams"

I have been working at Asana

Pros

Asana’s work culture is top notch. Employees show up as their true selves. It’s candid, compassionate, and empowering. They really care about your professional development here and it shows. Perks are amazing. Not a single complaint.

Cons

I don’t have any complaints.

Asana2019-12-18