Asana Interview Questions | Glassdoor.ie

3.1

1. Featured Interview

SMB Account Executive - German Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dublin, Co. Dublin

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Asana (Dublin, Co. Dublin) in August 2019.

Interview

I applied via the company website in early July 2019 and was invited to an initial 30min phone screen with the recruiter:

- General questions about CV
    - Why Asana? Your motivation? Passion and ambitions?
    - Sales experience?
    - Career expectations

Once I passed the initial screen, a Hangout meeting was set up to have a video chat with the Hiring Manager to speak about the role, expectations and some mutual Q&A regarding company, soft and hard skills etc.

The last step was a half-day on-site interview at the Asana office in Dublin where I met people from different departments which I would be collaborating with in the day-to-day business for mutual 30min Q+A sessions.

I also had an interview with the Head of Sales to assess and identify sales skills and gaps as well as another face-to-face interview with the Hiring Manager consisting of 45min role playing and strategy session.

The entire process lasted around 5 weeks - would have been less if it wasn't for the summer break and related absences.

Having been in the extremely fortunate position to have a few offers, I declined the offer I received. Not because of the company or the people but because I saw a slightly better fit elsewhere for what I was looking for.

I would like to thank the entire Asana team and emphasise the transparency and clear structure of the interview process. I felt constantly well informed and cared for throughout the entire process.

Interview Questions

• Past examples of your work achievements / quotas achieved etc   1 Answer
    • Search the web for the 150 most common interview questions and answer them.   1 Answer

18 Sep 2019

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your in-depth experience interviewing at Asana. We're so happy it was a positive one and we wish you the absolute best in the next step of your career!

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

I really wanted this to work out. I loved the team but I had to decline the offer because I felt like the compensation wasn't transparent enough since they are in a quiet period right now. Around half of the compensation package was equity, they can't share too much, all you can calculate is their last valuation a couple years ago and the projected valuation when the RSU vest, there is a 3-4x difference there and you don't know where they are on that spectrum currently or what it will be when they go public. They did give some target comp numbers for a year out which would have been a solid offer, but I was getting those numbers at other companies based on current FMV at private companies and the current share price at public companies. I've received offers in the past from other companies at the brink of IPO and you know that they will try to lowball you, or in many cases, flop. I trust that Asana takes good care of their employees, but I cannot take this kind of risk right now in this economic environment. Do your research on Blind and read Glassdoor reviews. Or ask for a more cash heavy offer if you're in a more junior role.

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana.

Interview

It was a great experience. I received the call by just applying online and was mostly about my current experience and how it relates to the position. A recruiter reached out to me for a phone interview

Interview Questions

• Behavioral questions
      1) tell us about your current experience   Answer Question

24 Jul 2020

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and providing feedback on your experience!

Project Manager Interview

Interview

I am extremely disappointed in the recruiting process. I had read on several other posts of interviews being cancelled 10 minutes before. I had been strung along for 4 weeks with not one cancellation but two 15 minutes before the interview. With the amount of time it takes to prep for interviews it is extremely frustrating to be led along only to be told we have changed our mind and good luck! Be respectful of candidates time and how some integrity!

Interview Questions

Asana Response

24 Jul 2020

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback about your interview experience. Candidate experience is a priority of our recruiting team, and this feedback is helpful for us to ensure that this is not repeated in the future.

Associate Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Asana.

Interview

Spoke with engineer at a job fair, then I spoke with another employee over the phone and was referred to the position. I received an email with a take home assignment, very thorough.

Interview Questions

• Sent me a take home assignment, didn't continue after that. Requires experience in product manager roles to complete it well.   Answer Question

24 Jul 2020

Thank you for taking the time to interview with us and share your experience!

Administrative Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

An initial phone interview assesses fit. A technical phone screen assesses skills and 3 in person interviews with lunch assess cultural fit and skills. The interviews were all questions, no case studies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you've taken from start to finish   1 Answer

24 Jul 2020

We appreciate you sharing your feedback on your interview experience. Thanks for taking the time to interview with us!

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asana (San Francisco, CA (US)) in July 2020.

Interview

This was the first time I had an interview where the interviewer made me not want to work at the company. My interviewer was pretty rude and kept talking over me. There were multiple times where I'd explain my reasoning behind an approach and they would not pay attention and ask a question that I had already addressed.

It's frustrating because I felt like I prepared for the interview, but this interviewer ruined the whole process for me. What was even more disappointing is that I ended up getting rejected and Asana doesn't provide any feedback.

Interview Questions

Asana Response

28 Jul 2020

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We’re sorry to hear that your experience was not of the quality you expected. We will use this feedback to improve on our experience to ensure this doesn’t happen again.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Asana.

Interview

I originally really wanted to work here, but now my view on the company has changed.

This is my first interview review and I'm doing it to express the negative interview experience I had. The evaluation criteria makes no sense.

1. DS&A problem.
    LC Medium (Completed in 15-20min with optimal complexity.)

2. Open ended oop design question .

The interviewer has a very strict idea of how they want to do things. They will constantly stop you and ask questions when they don't agree with your design. The interviewer changed the question on me midway because they thought my design would not work for a different function even though it that wasn't initially asked for.

I don't agree with asking oop design questions that are connected to a very specific game. Many people are not familiar enough with a game to deliver the desired representation in 30 minutes.
    Unless you spend your time modeling and recreating different kinds of games, you will not pass here. If you have experience playing with the games they ask, you will have a better chance just from familiarity alone.

I doubt these engineers can pass their own criteria for design questions without knowing the problem beforehand.

Interview Questions

Asana Response

3 Jun 2020

Thank you for taking the time to interview at Asana. We apologize that your interview experience was not a positive one, and we appreciate you sharing your feedback.

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA (US)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Asana (San Francisco, CA (US)).

Interview

They were extremely pompous during the interview process. Was left to sit and wait for interviewers. Expect to give an hour long presentation and when you are finished no one provides feedback.

Interview Questions

Asana Response

3 Jun 2020

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Our goal is to be as transparent as possible and ensure that you receive the communications you need from our team, and in this case we fell short.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Asana in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online, and then was reached out to by a recruiter. We setup a phone call and after that we setup a tech phone screen. The phone screen was pretty much what I expected, OOD and algo/ds. I passed the phone screen and heard back the next day that I'd be moving to the onesite. The onsite was a great experience. Everyone was nice and collaborative. I didn't end up getting an offer but I had a great experience and will apply again in the future. I heard back 2 business days after the onsite. The onsite was exactly what I expected it to be, the recruiter should walk you through it.

Interview Questions

Asana Response

Customer Success Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Asana in June 2020.

Interview

My interview with Asana was unprofessional, impolite and lacked communication. First, the recruiter cancelled on me. The initial phone screen the recruiter cancelled with no prior notice, no-call and no show. A different recruiter later emailed me, apologized, and informed me that the original recruiter was busy and we would have to reschedule. For a task management software company, this is quite appalling. I am empathetic to critical life events but the recruiter stated that they were busy and that’s why they missed my initial phone screen.
    During the interview, the recruiter seemed involved in other tasks. I was asked standard questions and the recruiter was ready to move to the next round. I interviewed well and the recruiter seemed to be impressed with my background and experience. Unfortunately, I did not progress despite my history and qualifications. I have interviewed numerous candidates and worked in recruiting before so I am well versed in recruiting operations. In retrospective, the whole process seemed like a courtesy interview.
    I know this is a great company but I have never been treated so poorly in my professional career. I truly enjoy working with your products and will continue to work with your products. My hope is that a hiring director sees this, fully addresses the situation (of this case and similar complaints), and takes actionable steps to improve the interviewing and on-boarding process for potential candidates. People are your greatest asset so be kind to them and mindful of their time.

Interview Questions

• How do you navigate ambiguity when processes are not clearly defined?   1 Answer

27 Jul 2020

We really appreciate your feedback. Candidate experience is very important to us, and we are committed to ensuring a positive interview process. We value your time and appreciate you taking the time to interview with us. We apologize that your interview experience and interactions were not of the quality you expected, and we’ll do our part to correct this moving forward.

Upload a CV to easily apply to jobs from anywhere. It's simple to set up.