ACT Commodities Reviews | Glassdoor.ie

ACT Commodities Reviews

Updated 5 Oct 2019

4.4
ACT Commodities CEO Bram Bastiaansen and Jaap Janssen (no image)
Bram Bastiaansen and Jaap Janssen
  1. "Better together!"

Former Employee - Junior Operator in Amsterdam

I worked at ACT Commodities full-time for more than a year

Pros

-young and talented team -company genuinely cares for you -dynamic and changing environment -company incentive schemes -family feel -environmental friendliness -proactivity is always rewarded

Cons

- you really have to fit with the company culture to take the most from your time at ACT

Advice to Management

Stay great!

ACT Commodities2019-10-05
  2. "Great"

I have been working at ACT Commodities full-time

Pros

Great atmosphere and great opportunities to make good income.

Cons

One of the negative things could be considered that there is a high demand on time.

ACT Commodities2019-09-24
  3. "Exciting time to be at ACT"

Current Employee - N/A in New York, NY

I have been working at ACT Commodities full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Supportive senior leadership. A lot of room to develop and show your entrepreneurial spirit. Fun environment. Definitely a place that I'm pumped to go to every day.

Cons

None at this time

ACT Commodities2019-08-27

September 6, 2019Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with ACT! We are happy to hear that you enjoy ACT and the culture/environment.

"Great company for the ambitious Sales Trader!"

Former Employee - Sales Trader in Amsterdam

I worked at ACT Commodities full-time for less than a year

Pros

ACT Commodities is a young trading company, they have interesting profit sharing opportunities when you´re a sales trader, a great atmosphere amongst colleagues and a very nice office in Amsterdam. When you start working at ACT, you are given all the tools, and also training, to be successful at your job. In addition, you are guided and mentored by your manager. Due to personal reasons I had to leave ACT. I was... allowed to go home (and stay home) right away and during the months after I left, ACT has been very concerned and involved which I really(!) appreciated. I think back on a very good time at ACT where I learned a lot and where I got to know great people.

Cons

The work life balance can be difficult but if you want to be successful you have to put in the work.

ACT Commodities2018-11-22

"Sales Trader"

I worked at ACT Commodities full-time

Pros

Company trips, gifts and high end offices

Cons

Lack of morality, conflicts of interest, you're up against the colleague next to you. 90% of new joiners leave within 8 months, not only traders but from support, back office and other areas as well. You are forced to bluff clients about things you have no clue in order to rip them off as hard as you can.

Advice to Management

Create some ethic, hire people who have more than primary school education...divide markets equally. Only the 4 top make EUR500k+ a year, the rest live on the basic salary of 33,000EUR-. Stop making people believe it depends on them to make money, a monkey could make money like you do, it's a matter of first-come-first-served.

ACT Commodities2018-09-29

October 3, 2018Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience during your time at ACT. While the nature of trading can be extremely competitive, we aim to foster a collaborative and inclusive working environment for all employees and are disappointed to hear that was not your experience. Our aim is for our Sales Traders to be well-informed regarding the markets they are active in, in order to provide mutually beneficial solutions for their clients. To achieve this we depend on our ACT provided training and each individual's entrepreneurial attitude. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate your thoughts.

6. "The best company to work for"

Current Employee - HR-officer in Amsterdam

I have been working at ACT Commodities full-time for less than a year

Pros

Colleagues, benefits, office, variety in work, driven, ambitious

Cons

High expectations (not necessarily a bad thing)

ACT Commodities2018-08-06
  7. "Fun and challenging work and environment"

Former Employee - BACKOFFICE ASSOCIATE in Amsterdam

I worked at ACT Commodities full-time for more than a year

Pros

Horizontal hierarchy, crazy amount of additional gifts, company events and trips. Young and informal company with a friendly atmosphere. Very ambitious and hard working staff and management. International orientation. Big bonus possibility for front office

Cons

Front office focused, work of the rest of the company tends to be overlooked. Fixed salaries below market.

ACT Commodities2018-06-17

June 19, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your time to write a review. We appreciate this enormously and will take the feedback with us.

"High pressure phone sales"

I worked at ACT Commodities full-time

Pros

Happy hours and team events if we hit monthly targets. Can make a very good bonus - but most good markets/clients are already being managed by someone else.

Cons

High pressure sales job with a lot of cold calling. Call stats are tracked. Little career and skills development as the job scope is limited and narrow.

Advice to Management

Distribute clients fairly among all employees rather than having one trader manage all of the big accounts.

ACT Commodities2018-05-08

May 14, 2018Corporate Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback. The entrepreneurial nature of the Sales Trader role includes prospecting, which is a core part of how our sales traders build their business. I’m sorry to hear that the career development opportunities didn’t meet your expectations. As part of the trainee program that every sales trader goes through, we offer sales training, negotiations training, call reviews, private sales coaching, and access to a personal coach. All feedback is important to us and we appreciate your thoughts.

"Really Great Company"

I have been working at ACT Commodities full-time

Pros

Senior Leaders value transparency and care about their people. Access to a private performance coach, lots of training and support for personal and professional development. High earning potential. Fun place to work, team members are friends outside of work.

Cons

None at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue to give employees one on one attention even as we get bigger

ACT Commodities2018-04-25

"Amazing company to work for!"

in New York, NY

I have been working at ACT Commodities for less than a year

Pros

ACT Commodities provides an open and inclusive environment. Each employee has a direct impact on the company. The team is ambitious, collaborative and most importantly fun. ACT is growing rapidly, which allows its employees to continue to develop on both a professional and personal level.

Cons

No cons at this time.

ACT Commodities2018-03-06

March 26, 2018Recruiter

Thank you for your review and great to hear your positive experience!

Found 15 reviews