the LEGO Group Interview Questions

Updated May 22, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 604 of over 604 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

the LEGO Group

Application

I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter asking about leadership experience and other typical leadership questions and salary expectations. She told me I was a great fit and would call me back in a few days to schedule an interview as well as send me an email. She told me I could call her back if I had any further questions before then. 3 weeks later, I have yet to hear back or receive an email. I did call her back at the 10 day mark and she said she forgot because she was sick working from home when she initially called and asked me all the same questions again. She said she would call me and email me with the interview time again and still nothing, and yes I have checked my junk mailbox too.

Interview Questions
  • What are some of your leadership experiences?
    Answer Question

the LEGO Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

Good interview process that included 3 stages and a code challenge. Communication was fast and clear. I did not feel frustrated at any moment of it. The only con is that the projects are confidential so there is a limited amount of information given about them while interviewing, which is understandable.

Interview Questions
  • Questions about software, working practices and "how would you handle this scenario" kind of things.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at the LEGO Group (Singapore)

Interview

3 rounds done via video conference. Interviewer followed strictly to a set of questions (reading from guide) provided. Final round consist of a pre work, 1 week lead time provided. Case study and presentation for final round of interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at the LEGO Group (London, England)

Interview

The processes consisted of 4 stages, all done remotely. The first stage included self recorded videos with answers to questions, followed by technical and competency based interview, a panel presentation at the third stage and a culture fit interview.

Interview Questions
  • - competency based - digital skills and experience - relationship building - What would you buy in the Lego store with $XX?

the LEGO Group

Application

I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

Smooth process, it took about 2 months from first contact to hire day. Contact was always by phone and video call. The interviewer was polite all the time and questions were always related to the position.

Interview Questions
  • What is the biggest data challenge you had phase so far? Why? and How did you approach it?

the LEGO Group

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at the LEGO Group in May 2022

Interview

It went pretty good overall. I had 3 interviews, 1 with the HR, 1 with the manager and one with the manager and a senior lead engineer to present a given task. They were really friendly and I was left with a great first impression.

Interview Questions
  • What do you expect from the manager?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at the LEGO Group (London, England) in May 2022

Interview

1. Video call - with recruiter was basic about experience & expectations (30mins) 2. Video call - 2 senior engineers to discuss more about my experience and ways of working (1 hour) 3. Tech test - tasks around Cypress tests (3-4 hours but in your own time) 4. Video call - with 2 senior engineers to go over the tech test and ask more cultural questions. Was supposed to be with HR as well but they didn’t come (1.5 hours) Process took over a month altogether. In particular there was a month between the 2nd and 3rd interviews. Initial recruiter asked about current salary and expectations, but put me forward for a lower paying role without communicating to me or the team. This meant that although the process went well and they wanted me to join the team, they did not have any open roles at my level, thereby wasting everyone’s time and effort. The recruiter who dealt with the post-interview process was slow to tell me my the result. The initial recruiter said there was a big push for 50% female representation, and particularly that they were looking to do this in senior and hard to hire for roles. People were friendly and approachable throughout.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

the LEGO Group

Application

I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

Efficient but hoping for more professional engagement with interviewers especially last round of interview. Still expect to be on site even post pandemic time. No flexible working location and need to be based in Billund. Hard to acquire global talents.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

the LEGO Group

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

Four stages, however I made it as far as the second. 1. 30 min chat with recruiter 2. 1 hour chat with two engineers 3. Technical test 4. Final 90 min test review session and HR based interview in the London office I personally find this overkill considering the job is essentially working on an e-commerce site. They're hardly Facebook or Google. I'm slightly disappointed I only made it to stage two. As a big fan of Lego itself, I was looking forward to working for them. So much that I was willing to switch from contracting to perm for them. The technical chat went well and the interviewers initially seemed nice enough. My AWS knowledge wasn't great but Lego claim they offer an environment which allows learning and growth. Apparently not. I probably blundered one or two answers but no one is perfect. Considering how well the rest went and my years of experience as a developer, I was expecting to at least receive the opportunity to complete the tech test as this is where the proof is in the pudding. Additionally I found that the interviewers seemed a bit critical out the gate that I've mainly been contracting for the past 4 years. I'm also massively disappointed I didn't even get feedback regarding my application. Lego have just gone radio silent on the process and seems a bit unprofessional to be honest. Word to wise for anyone applying as well. The first interview confirmed flexi work 2/3 days remote, however in the second interview it was revealed this is being moved back to 5 days in the central London office. Perhaps this is why they didn't follow up my application, because I asked that I could continue with flexible office/remote work. Which to be honest should be standard with any forward thinking company. I personally wouldn't recommend putting yourself forward. For a job that requires such stringent screening processes maybe put your effort into a company that warrants it (Google etc) and keep you love of Lego as a product separate from work and intact.

Interview Questions
  • General frontend and AWS stuff. I'd say your true experience and skills would be revealed in the test/review stage, however if you don't get every answer to the interviewer's question 100% right it's unlikely you'll make it this far. Tip. Thanks to Glassdoor I found out they ask everyone what the node event loop is. So revise this and recite it when the guy asks you because he obviously loves the fact he has memorised it, although it's another thing that doesn't matter in 99% of your daily tasks

the LEGO Group

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 2 months. I interviewed at the LEGO Group

Interview

Thorough and careful. I felt as though I was really being explored as a person to see if I could fit in to the family. When the job offer came it felt as though they had decided that they wanted me as much as i wanted to join

Interview Questions
  • How have I managed to adjust how I speak to people given my direct nature of communication?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 604 Interviews