Power systems engineer Interview Questions

Top Interview Questions

Sort: Relevance|Popular|Date
camusat
Power Systems Engineer was asked...27 November 2020

Your experience on hybrid system

1 Answers

I present my practical and theorical knowledge on the subject

EirGrid

They asked me to limit my salary range between 50-55 which is inerasably low

I did not go below 60-70k and they reject me

Open Systems International

One of the questionnaires was a series of approximately 30 puzzles and logic questions.

1 Answers

The difficulty was not terrible as I feel I was able to get most if not all answers correct. Less

National Grid

I was given a map, illustrating a part of electricity network at the border of England and Scotland. The Scenario was loosing a 400 kV line and its subsequent effects on other 132 kV line and the connected network.The question was what should be done to decrease the effect of this outage? What lines or demands should be (probably) shut down? Explain the protection measures in such case.

1 Answers

I explained loosing one out of two big links will have an adverse effect

MaxLinear

For a buck converter, how far below the switching frequency should the loop cross over frequency be?

10X lower.

Boeing

Structured Interview

Structured Interview

Virgin Hyperloop

Why hyperloop

1 Answers

Who wouldn't like to be part of building a technology that is completely out of the box and futuristic. Less

Vestas Wind Systems

Wind integration and its challenges

1 Answers

It was easy for me to reply based on my experience

Fichtner Consulting Engineers UK

What do you know about Fichner?

1 Answers

Just provided the information about the history of the company and the recent projects they have been involved in Less

Open Systems International

Power system analysis

1 Answers

Hello, I am appearing for Interview at OSI very soon. Can I contact you for help? If yes, Please provide your email-id. Thanks Less

Viewing 1 - 10 of 165 Interview Questions